Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: PoGo Halloween Event

  1. #1
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 33 m
    Rep Power
    15

    PoGo Halloween Event

    Hatching, catching, and transferring Pokemon will earn double the candy and your buddy Pokemon will earn candy four times as fast between October 26th-November 1st.
    Source

    I don't play anymore, but this may be helpful for people who do.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,521
    Userbars
    16
    Thanks
    1,151
    Thanked 3,776 Times in 981 Posts
    Downloads
    126
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Time Online
    218 d 12 h 58 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 27 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Fuck Niantic

  3. #3
    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,257
    Userbars
    28
    Thanks
    5,518
    Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,219 Posts
    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1864 Post(s)
    Time Online
    360 d 8 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 37 m
    Rep Power
    20
    I stopped playing this game too. It was crazy popular this summer and then kind of died. I think they picked the perfect time to unveil it.

    I'm not even sure an event like this will help them be relevant again. D:

  4. #4
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 33 m
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I stopped playing this game too. It was crazy popular this summer and then kind of died. I think they picked the perfect time to unveil it.

    I'm not even sure an event like this will help them be relevant again. D:
    Yeah, I don't think so either lol. It was insane how popular it was, but it got boring.

  5. #5
    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,257
    Userbars
    28
    Thanks
    5,518
    Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,219 Posts
    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1864 Post(s)
    Time Online
    360 d 8 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 37 m
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    Yeah, I don't think so either lol. It was insane how popular it was, but it got boring.
    I think it only got boring because of how easy it was to get to that ultimate top tier point. When you could let a bot run and get every pokemon imaginable, there's no incentive to keep playing. If the bot problem were eliminated it would have been a different story I think.

  6. #6
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 33 m
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I think it only got boring because of how easy it was to get to that ultimate top tier point. When you could let a bot run and get every pokemon imaginable, there's no incentive to keep playing. If the bot problem were eliminated it would have been a different story I think.
    I agree, it was too easy. I think it may pick up for a bit after they release G2 Pokemon, but, if they don't fix how easy it is, they'll just make it die again.
    Also, the fact that if you didn't live in a city, you were SOL and there were hardly any Pokemon or Pokestops worth going to discouraged me at least.

  7. #7
    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,257
    Userbars
    28
    Thanks
    5,518
    Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,219 Posts
    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1864 Post(s)
    Time Online
    360 d 8 h 22 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 37 m
    Rep Power
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Aura View Post
    I agree, it was too easy. I think it may pick up for a bit after they release G2 Pokemon, but, if they don't fix how easy it is, they'll just make it die again.
    Also, the fact that if you didn't live in a city, you were SOL and there were hardly any Pokemon or Pokestops worth going to discouraged me at least.
    That's a good point too. Unless you lived in a city, you didn't have that good of a chance to get anything. When I went to DC I was so confused by how many pokestops, pokemon and gyms were all over the place. It was crazy when compared to me seeing nothing on top of nothing at home lol

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    0
    Userbars
    3
    Thanks
    3,108
    Thanked 2,502 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Downloads
    127
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Time Online
    62 d 4 h 17 m
    Avg. Time Online
    27 m
    Rep Power
    0
    I stopped playing as well i got sick of carrying a battery pack around though plenty still play it here in the cities. Definitely dropped of quickly after the hype. To many problems not fixed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9




    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,068
    Userbars
    10
    Thanks
    387
    Thanked 550 Times in 345 Posts
    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 3 h 56 m
    Avg. Time Online
    29 m
    Rep Power
    8
    I agree, POGO died off pretty quickly. It was perfect summer activity but the limited pokemon, pokestops, etc didn't keep it interesting enough to keep playing.

  10. #10
    Herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    587
    Pronoun(s)
    She/Her
    Userbars
    11
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 145 Times in 89 Posts
    Downloads
    37
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Time Online
    46 d 22 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    20 m
    Rep Power
    9
    Yeah i don't see anyone playing it much anymore then the first two weeks it got released
    it will probably be popular ish again when the second gen pokemon comes out

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •