Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: 'The Lion King' live-action remake

  1. #1
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    15

    'The Lion King' live-action remake

    The Lion King is getting a live-action remake.....
    and I'm so excited
    I know live-action movies are just ways for them to make more money when they run out of ideas lol but the Lion King is my all-time favourite Disney movies and one of my favourite movies of all time. When I was younger, I used to memorize Lion King books and I've watched the movie countless times lol.

    Don't disappoint me, Disney.

  2. #2
    Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    680
    Userbars
    5
    Thanks
    1,513
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 424 Posts
    Downloads
    68
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Time Online
    29 d 15 h 3 m
    Avg. Time Online
    14 m
    Rep Power
    10
    I remember seeing a broadway version of jungle book when I was younger.
    I was obsessed with the jungle book back in the day.

    This looks pretty exciting, even if I'm not a live action fan.

  3. #3
    Aura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,999
    Userbars
    22
    Thanks
    4,548
    Thanked 4,743 Times in 2,039 Posts
    Downloads
    64
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    934 Post(s)
    Time Online
    291 d 16 h 10 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    I remember seeing a broadway version of jungle book when I was younger.
    I was obsessed with the jungle book back in the day.

    This looks pretty exciting, even if I'm not a live action fan.
    I saw The Lion King broadway in London, lol. It was so amazing.
    The Jungle Book's live-action film was fantastic, so I have my hopes up for this one

  4. #4
    GermanShepherd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    90
    Userbars
    1
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 21 h 58 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 m
    Rep Power
    6
    My expectations are pretty high, Jungle Book was so amazing so it looks to be in good hands.

  5. #5
    Espeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    439
    Userbars
    2
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 171 Times in 110 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 17 h 9 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Jungle Book was great until they got to the scene where everyone was chanting. It was so cheesy

  6. #6
    Kairi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    67
    Userbars
    1
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time Online
    1 d 1 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6
    I can't really see this going to so well to be honest. I mean I understand technology is great these days and they need to make money. But really, there's no reason. I had high hopes for The Jungle Book as well and it was disappointing. Not because it wasn't good, it was just...exactly like the original. And you must be thinking, "Then what's the big deal?" It's just seemed very redundant and boring to rewatch something slightly different when you could just be watching the classic instead.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kairi For This Useful Post:

    Aura (09-30-2016)

  8. #7
    Katie Mama Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,465
    Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    58
    Thanks
    2,426
    Thanked 7,107 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Downloads
    172
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Time Online
    179 d 15 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    25
    I thought The Jungle Book completely missed the mark. The live action nature felt conflicting with the songs and music. The only choice in it that I liked was Christopher Walken as King Louie.

    This live action remake fad pisses me off to no end. I hate that they're fucking with, and fucking up, my favourite movies. It's just a cash grab. I have no doubt that they'll fuck up Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and everything else.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mama Bear For This Useful Post:

    Aura (09-30-2016)

  10. #8
    Espeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    439
    Userbars
    2
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 171 Times in 110 Posts
    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 17 h 9 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    I thought The Jungle Book completely missed the mark. The live action nature felt conflicting with the songs and music. The only choice in it that I liked was Christopher Walken as King Louie.

    This live action remake fad pisses me off to no end. I hate that they're fucking with, and fucking up, my favourite movies. It's just a cash grab. I have no doubt that they'll fuck up Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan and everything else.
    See, it makes sense with movies like the princess movies and Jungle Book because there are actually people in them. There is nothing beneficial to making the Lion King live action.

    And I do agree that the songs seemed incredibly out of place in the live action Jungle Book.

    I don't think this is going to go over well. It isn't the kind of movie this is meant for.

  11. #9
    Sci_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,206
    Userbars
    14
    Thanks
    982
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 984 Posts
    Downloads
    34
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    314 Post(s)
    Time Online
    49 d 2 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    21 m
    Rep Power
    14
    I loved The Lion King growing up. That was 'my' movie as a child. But I am not a fan of live action stuff. All the cgi and heavy animation now just takes away from the movie.

    I wish an animation company would just do a real throwback. Go back to actual drawing animation, what us 90's kids grew up with for movies. That was when these movies were glorious. Want to remake the movie? fine but actually draw it out on paper and redo it. No cgi.

  12. #10
    Katie Mama Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    4,465
    Pronoun(s)
    she/her
    Userbars
    58
    Thanks
    2,426
    Thanked 7,107 Times in 2,185 Posts
    Downloads
    172
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Time Online
    179 d 15 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Girl View Post
    I loved The Lion King growing up. That was 'my' movie as a child. But I am not a fan of live action stuff. All the cgi and heavy animation now just takes away from the movie.

    I wish an animation company would just do a real throwback. Go back to actual drawing animation, what us 90's kids grew up with for movies. That was when these movies were glorious. Want to remake the movie? fine but actually draw it out on paper and redo it. No cgi.
    Well they tried to do that with the new tv series, The Lion Guard, but that's crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •