PDA

View Full Version : Ryu Health Center [WARNING: Infected Inside!]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Charmander
01-24-2024, 08:17 PM
🏥 Ryu Health Center 🏥

clraik has been hit with a Ryu virus, maybe a Ryurona?! And it looks like we have a ryudemic on our hands! You may have noticed your pixelated buddy has been feeling a bit under the weather.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

We have set up the 🏥 Ryu Health Center 🏥 in order to provide you with more information but also as a place for our sick Ryus to be identified and convalesce. Here we can nurse and provide them with the needed care and attention for their recovery. In saying this, if you are entering the Ryu Health Center and are not infected you are running the risk of becoming infected yourself. ☣️You have been warned!☣️

In order to help provide care to our sickly Ryus we have set up emergency tents and collected them below in order for the community to provide all the love, cuddles and chicken noodle soup they need. Once we get things under control we hope to have a more permanent set up.

☣️ The Infected ☣️

Ariealle and Bat have created a lovely Ryu list that can help not only track Ryus and which ones have babysitting on but also alerts to which Ryus are infected and will need some extra care! Amazing! So instead of a runnign tally here you are going to be linked to this amazing resource on the Ryugotchi Parent List Resource. ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

When you become infected please post here! If you see another Ryu that is infected and not admitted to the Ryu Health Center please post about them here so we can keep our census up to date.

☣️ What We Know ☣️

1)The outbreak started on 24 January 2024, and documented in Alister's thread identifying the skull animation next to their Ryu. That thread can be found HERE.

2) There was a Patient Zero. kittyray has been confirmed as patient zero. There is however no information as to how this infection started.
Here is a little schematic on how it all started and showed the initial rapid spread of the Ryuvirus. Or Ryurona? If you will?

3) The virus is so contagious that it does not need direct contact to be made, it can be spread by being in the same area as an infected user.

Infection isn't tied to who's pressing your Ryugotchi's buttons. You don't need to be touched to catch something from somebody. The same is true with Ryugotchis.

If a contagious Ryugotchi on the same page as yours, then there's a chance your Ryugotchi will be infected when that Ryugotchi's owner visits this thread.

4) To get better your Ryu needs rest as well as love from the community. This means that any visitors your Ryu had have gone home to stay safe.

Something like that! If you see a sick Ryugotchi, then make sure to give them some love. You might be the one to pull them out of their funk!

Sick Ryugotchis will need bed rest and love from members of the community to heal! They'll be better on their own in a few days, but showing some love can speed up the process.

5) If you have Ryu visitor perks when your Ryu becomes sick it's visitor will leave. However, if your Ryu is sleeping the visitor may return! Also those with visitors when sleeping may have a little extra love to help them heal up!

That's right. Sick Ryugotchis don't want to play. Just eat and mope when they're not busy sleeping or getting cleaned up after.

The concept was too cute to pass up. I've reverted back the change that I made to stop sick Ryugotchi from sleeping with visitors, and I've added a condition to the in-game clock that has a chance of healing either visitor faster when they're sick.

6) Your Ryu can get better on, it's own but heals faster with help. HOWEVER! Just because you are healed, doesn't mean you are immune! You CAN get sick again!

Taking care of sick Ryugotchis heals them faster, but they'll heal on their own after a few days of being sick. There's a grace period after that where a previously sick Ryugotchi can no longer get sick again with the same strain of illness, but all bets are off if a new strain comes along. It's possible for the community to completely kill the strain with rigorous care and quarantining! It's also possible for the community to keep their Ryugotchi sick by removing it from their stack, then reintroducing the outbreak later if they please. Who knows what will happen!

Sick Ryugotchis are no longer contagious after a couple of days, even if their symptoms persist, and they can be healed even faster after some time passes. You can also cure them completely at any point if you're diligent with providing care. It's possible for the community to completely eradicate the outbreak quite quickly that way.

7) If you re-roll your Ryu it will heal, no longer be contagious and become immune...for a bit.

Hatching will cause your Ryugotchi to fully recover, they will no longer be contagious, and they will become immune to the illness for an extended period of time.

8) When your Ryu becomes infected you can choose to isolate them by putting them into their stack. They will still recover. It may take longer however since they till not receive care from the community.

The recovery clock is an absolute time, but the in-game clock has to tick in order to clear status effects. The in-game clock is suspended when your Ryugotchi is put away, which means a tick would have to occur for your visuals to be updated, but the contagiousness period will still be measured from the recovery clock.

9) As of 28 Jan 2024 you can now look after sleeping ryus that are sick of you are friends with the Ryu owner! Yay!

Time to start adding friends! You can wake a friend's sleeping Ryugotchi to feed and clean up after it.

☣️ Next Steps ☣️

It is up to us as a community to get our sick Ryus healthy and keep our healthy Ryus infection free! This means providing care by feeding and playing with our infected Ryus to get them better. For our healthy Ryu population you have the option to isolate in the settings home and stay out of the stack, or avoid threads that may have infected Ryus on them. Hopefully as time goes on we can move our Ryus from infected status to cured!

Typically viruses need hosts in which to incubate, make the host contagious and then spread onto more hosts and continue to multiply. To keep your Ryu safe you could isolate and have them stay at home by removing them from your stack. In doing so in theory you should be able to explore clraik without worry about spreading more Ryuvirus or catching another strain. This is great if you want to "do your part" but also help other Ryus without fear of getting sick yourself. To test this theory....yes test...it is not confirmed....the idea is to create a Ryu Rescue Crew 🚑 full of clraik members who are going to isolate their Ryus and help the infected.

If you wish to join you will need to do a couple of things:

1) Go to your settings and tuck your Ryu bar away out of your stack.
2) Alert me that you want to join the crew. 🚑
3) Start caring for those sick Ryus!

Shinx
DankRUSE Venture

Charmander

There is new userbar out there related to this outbreak! It appears to be related to healing Ryus. When interacting with a sick Ryu they may give a heart reaction. This shows that they are now cured.

After healing at least 3 Ryus you unlock this lovelt bar! So get out there with cuddles, soup and scoop dat poop! Nurse mode activate!💞

This resource will continue to be updated with information as it becomes available

Serebii
01-24-2024, 08:22 PM
Seems like Yuki got sick while I was asleep. :(

I've turned babysitting on to allow others to help them!

Swablu
01-24-2024, 08:26 PM
Thank you for this! I was so confused when I saw my Ryu had that little skull next to it. Here's hoping we can all get rid of this virus!~

Pam
01-24-2024, 08:29 PM
Yuumi's
team rocket's
Were low on hearts so I nursed them back to full health!

Shinx's
Siebenschlaefer's
Were also low but didn't seem sick, which is weird.. Shinx's was also asleep and I was able to wake them up to feed them (I thought this wasn't possible so just wanted to report)

Bunnii
01-24-2024, 08:32 PM
Barlii has caught the ick

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 08:40 PM
not the ryuvid cK variant 69 pocolypse of 2024!

lol but seriously where the antidote !~?

Ariealle
01-24-2024, 08:43 PM
my Ryu is off. :)

Hall
01-24-2024, 08:43 PM
Everyone's Ryu look so sad! *nurse mode activate*

Styx
01-24-2024, 08:59 PM
Nike, nooo!

I've turned on babysitting as well. Off to tend to others' sick Ryus!

Orbit
01-24-2024, 09:01 PM
I'm going to set up a chicken soup station right here by the pillow fort, if that works for everyone!

Dero
01-24-2024, 09:05 PM
oh me, oh my!

Aero
01-24-2024, 09:17 PM
omfg LOL at kittyray being patient zero and getting called out here B)

hopefully all our ryus get better soon!!

Charmander
01-24-2024, 09:28 PM
omfg LOL at kittyray being patient zero and getting called out here B)

hopefully all our ryus get better soon!!

#itsafact lol. No mean callous intended. I am also hoping to show the schematic of the official spread once I get on my PC.

Shout our to Alister and their tread for bringing this ryudemic to light

Shinx
01-24-2024, 09:44 PM
nooo the beans :(
I check my profile and my ryu looks ok?

edit about 20 seconds later they are in fact, not ok

cherub
01-24-2024, 10:35 PM
Omg, No(va) is sick the poor darling :(

I told her to take a jacket to the pumpkin patch but she just doesn't listen

lint
01-24-2024, 10:35 PM
Fed my lil dude, came to check what was going on here, and now he's sick!!! Delta variant in here or what!?

DarkSkies
01-24-2024, 10:42 PM
I have some friends I can't take care of? They're sleeping but we're supposed to be friends :O

Pidgey
01-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Can they get sick and better in a day? My bunny seems slower but doesn't have a sick indicator.

Am I putting my bunny at risk posting here?!?!?! Lol x)

Guil
01-24-2024, 10:48 PM
looks like my kitty is feeling better! thanks to anyone who interacted with Takato!

edit: spoke too soon, he looked normal a minute ago. maybe he caught another strain lol

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 10:48 PM
I wonder what the consequences of the virus will be. Will hearts decrease? Will it be deadly if we don't take care of them?

Munna
01-24-2024, 10:50 PM
billytiddles - Your little friend is sick! D:

Bat
01-24-2024, 10:53 PM
Am I putting my bunny at risk posting here?!?!?! Lol x)

If a contagious Ryugotchi on the same page as yours, then there's a chance your Ryugotchi will be infected when that Ryugotchi's owner visits this thread.

spoke too soon, he looked normal a minute ago. maybe he caught another strain lol

He looked normal? Are you sure that you weren't watching a feeding or clean up animation?

I wonder what the consequences of the virus will be. Will hearts decrease? Will it be deadly if we don't take care of them?

Your Ryugotchi's health doesn't decrease more quickly when it's sick, but there's a small chance that luck can deplete faster, and there's also a chance the evolutions might take longer to reach. On the plus side, an evolution instantly heals your Ryugotchi from any sickness!

Shinx
01-24-2024, 10:56 PM
He looked normal? Are you sure that you weren't watching a feeding or clean up animation?

Mine looked normal on my lookup, I wasn't doing anything with them. I visited another thread and they looked sick after that..

Cinnamoroll
01-24-2024, 10:57 PM
MAMA CINNA MODE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED.

I am here to take care of all the sick Ryu bby's. :korbie_blush:

GreyFaerie
01-24-2024, 10:59 PM

Yup, Pixie also seemed cured. I even got to see her playmate.

Pidgey
01-24-2024, 11:04 PM
My rabbit is now sick 🤣🤣

This is terrible lol. Such a fun new programming you can't even be mad!

Charmander
01-24-2024, 11:05 PM
Bat can Ryus get re-infected after being cured? Do they develop ryubodies?

Bunnii
01-24-2024, 11:14 PM
Bat can Ryus get re-infected after being cured? Do they develop ryubodies?

I was cured earlier and am sickly again, so I definitely think they can reinfect.

Is the sick causing anyone's luck to go down? I seem to have been stuck at half a star all day even after caring for a lot of ryus.

aymo
01-24-2024, 11:15 PM
sick ryu checking in!

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 11:18 PM
do our ryus need to stay 8ft away from each other?

and avoid posts that are considered "contageous"?

i wonder if posting or saying a specific word is a potential alleviate- er?

so i have a covid 19 shot! from johnson and johnson!

Charmander
01-24-2024, 11:26 PM
I saw that Aero is cured. Also about to update the OP

Guil
01-24-2024, 11:28 PM

Yeah it was really weird, he looked normal had 3.5 hearts and i was able to play with him too

Aero
01-24-2024, 11:28 PM
I saw that Aero is cured. Also about to update the OP

oooo yes you're right! how did that happen!

Cinnamoroll
01-24-2024, 11:30 PM
Looks like Aero's is still sick to me?

Bat
01-24-2024, 11:31 PM
Nobody that has gotten sick has recovered yet. There is maximum amount of time that a Ryugotchi can remain sick, and taking care of them lowers that amount of time. Any appearance of being healed is a game state glitch that I'll need to track down. I suspect that it's something to do with the sleep cycle and returning owners waking their Ryugotchis up, causing them to switch back into active mode instead of sick mode. The in-game clock automatically fixes the glitch though, so I'm having a hard time tracking it down.

Ryugotchis will be immune from becoming sick from the current affliction for a period of time after recovering.

Charmander
01-24-2024, 11:32 PM
Nobody that has gotten sick has recovered yet. There is maximum amount of time that a Ryugotchi can remain sick, and taking care of them lowers that amount of time. Any appearance of being healed is a game state glitch that I'll need to track down. I suspect that it's something to do with the sleep cycle and returning owners waking their Ryugotchis up, causing them to switch back into active mode instead of sick mode. The in-game clock automatically fixes the glitch though, so I'm having a hard time tracking it down.

Ryugotchis will be immune from becoming sick from the current affliction for a period of time after recovering.

Thanks for this! I found it weird that the times from being infected to cured to infected again was rather....rapid

Guil
01-24-2024, 11:34 PM
yeah i figured it was just a lil glitch or something, this whole mechanic is super interesting!!

Bunnii
01-24-2024, 11:38 PM
Oh my fault, I could have sworn my ick had gone away but I totally must have looked at it at just the right time or something xD

Excalibur
01-24-2024, 11:47 PM
i am sick. i popped into this and got sick again :x

Decepticon
01-24-2024, 11:50 PM
Oooh. Oh gosh that explains that little skull!
I saw it earlier today and couldn't get rid of it so I was a bit confused and ended up ignoring it as something new that got added while I haven't been active LOL

This is so cool though! I'm curious to see how it all works :eyes:

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:07 AM
Fixed the glitch! The portion of the code that wakes up your Ryugotchi when you visit the forum was the culprit.

bottledwater
01-25-2024, 12:09 AM
Noooo my poor Ryu! :( here for lockdown 2.0

Aero
01-25-2024, 12:10 AM
I'm infected again LOL

Totodile
01-25-2024, 12:10 AM
Aw hell you guys made me bring out my ryu for this little sickness :o_o:

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:14 AM
On the plus side, an evolution instantly heals your Ryugotchi from any sickness!

What happens if you reroll while sick?

For science?

[edit] I hope this doesn't mess anything up with my patient zero status lmao.

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:16 AM

For science?

kitty_truths constantly hacking my forum gimmicks.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:17 AM

For science?

[edit] I hope this doesn't mess anything up with my patient zero status lmao.

FOR SCIENCE! DO IT!
Totodile your Ryu is now added to the infected.

Lets show some love and care to our little sick babies and get them back on the move!

Totodile
01-25-2024, 12:18 AM
My little guy steps out into the world for one freaking second AND HE'S SICK :o_o: im screaming LMAO

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:19 AM
kitty_truths constantly hacking my forum gimmicks.

I for real after I clicked yes got worried I was spoiling some of the fun for the sake of curiosity, but what's that saying about curiosity and cats? But think of it as me helping you find things to patch. Or whatever it is. What if rerolling just mutated the strain?

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:20 AM
Hatching will cause your Ryugotchi to fully recover, they will no longer be contagious, and they will become immune to the illness for an extended period of time.

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:22 AM

Ahh, sorry for jumping the gun on this!

Bulbasaur
01-25-2024, 12:22 AM
Mitiz is sick as well );

But I'll be sure to go around and give all the love and care to others so we can try and pull through this together!

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:23 AM
Ahh, sorry for jumping the gun on this!

No apologies necessary. If I wanted to prevent rerolling from doing that, then I could have. I decided to leave it in as an opt-out option, and you found it.

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:27 AM
No apologies necessary. If I wanted to prevent rerolling from doing that, then I could have. I decided to leave it in as an opt-out option, and you found it.

Gotcha! I'm a little bummed now, I knew completely healing would be a possibility, but I just wanted to see what happened in case it wasn't! I'm a little sad to bow out early, especially because it was kind of fun being patient zero, but that makes me feel like bad parent because it's saying I want my Ryu sick. Still, I will keep watching to see what happens!

caviar
01-25-2024, 12:28 AM
I guess now is my time to get involved with Ryus :')

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:32 AM
Gotcha! I'm a little bummed now, I knew completely healing would be a possibility, but I just wanted to see what happened in case it wasn't! I'm a little sad to bow out early, especially because it was kind of fun being patient zero, but that makes me feel like bad parent because it's saying I want my Ryu sick. Still, I will keep watching to see what happens!

You're still patient zero, you just recovered, now you are the lucky one to be susceptible to future strains ahah

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:36 AM
You're still patient zero, you just recovered, now you are the lucky one to be susceptible to future strains ahah

I know, but I'm not like...actively part of it anymore, lmao. I will stay and watch and maybe I'll get a new strain or something else will happen!

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:37 AM
I know, but I'm not like...actively part of it anymore, lmao. I will stay and watch and maybe I'll get a new strain or something else will happen!

Time to be Nurse Kitty. You are immune! SAVE US ALL!

Delibird
01-25-2024, 12:37 AM
How does one "care" for a sick Ryu? Which button is it? Don't have a Ryu but would like to help other ones :)

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:40 AM
How does one "care" for a sick Ryu? Which button is it? Don't have a Ryu but would like to help other ones :)

You press left or right buttons to move the direction of the cursor to have either the plate and spoon or paddle looking toy icon get highlighted. They are under the hearts on the ryu bar. Then press the middle button to enter your selection.

Bulbasaur
01-25-2024, 12:42 AM
Charmander, would you mind adding me to the infected?

Shinx
01-25-2024, 12:43 AM

I believe its feeding and cleaning poop off them when they appear tbh but unsure

GreyFaerie
01-25-2024, 12:46 AM

You are patient zero but you are also the cure. you are legend

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:48 AM
Time to be Nurse Kitty. You are immune! SAVE US ALL!

Me and my Chameleon(s) will do our duty!

- - - Updated - - -

You are patient zero but you are also the cure. you are legend

I am the creature of the night.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:53 AM
kittyray look at your Ryu bar buttons! So neat!

- - - Updated - - -

Charmander, would you mind adding me to the infected?

Added Bulba!

Buizel
01-25-2024, 12:54 AM
Ohh, I need to put my ryu out of hibernation! :O

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:58 AM
Ohh, I need to put my ryu out of hibernation! :O

Stay away! isolate yourself! Save your Ryu! You will be exposed ☣️

kittyray
01-25-2024, 01:02 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Added Bulba!

Yeee! It's something Bat help me set up. It's so cool, super nostalgic!

Bulbasaur
01-25-2024, 01:03 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Added Bulba!

Thank you :korbie_blush:
Now lets go and help everyone get better!

Time for some soup!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 01:05 AM
I want to stay up and try to help heal with my immune little clicks, but I am sleepy and should have been in bed a while ago.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 01:06 AM
Yeee! It's something Bat help me set up. It's so cool, super nostalgic!

Awe so cool. Sad though, as I thought it had to do with your Ryu re-roll! Haha

Nameless Ghoul
01-25-2024, 01:07 AM
Oh jeez, I'm already such a bad ryu parent

billytiddles
01-25-2024, 01:16 AM
billytiddles - Your little friend is sick! D:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Edit: Somebody saved them while I was posting <3

Bat
01-25-2024, 01:24 AM
The PCB under the control buttons just require some modern css coloring tricks to pull off! They work for everyone.

Buizel
01-25-2024, 01:25 AM
Oh, my ryu turned into an egg haha

Rattata
01-25-2024, 01:40 AM
hello i am in the hospital to touch all the sick patients

just like real life

Crowley
01-25-2024, 01:51 AM
what kind of a sick and twisted world is this where angels can get sick ):< /j

Parrot
01-25-2024, 02:10 AM
Please help poor Draco get better from the rona :-(

Shinx
01-25-2024, 02:16 AM
I wanna go help other Ryus.. but like I dont wanna infect more

Styx
01-25-2024, 02:43 AM
Me too. I've been holding off on taking care of others' Ryus because I don't want to infect them.

Shinx
01-25-2024, 02:49 AM
Me too. I've been holding off on taking care of others' Ryus because I don't want to infect them.

I sent it a lil bit and will wait and see what happens..

phantasia
01-25-2024, 02:54 AM
Defintily infected. Kinda a cute thing that is happening. Last time it went away pretty fast this time it seem to be sticking

KJiU
01-25-2024, 03:35 AM
I clicked in to read and my Bunny got infected Lol

Sneasel
01-25-2024, 03:57 AM
Helping the sick, we're in this together and Sunny can't infect, who is already ill.
But I try to stay away from others.

fireheart
01-25-2024, 04:02 AM
omg this is scary...! hoping my clearfrost stays ok...

edit: NOOO she got sick...

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 04:18 AM
break out the decks of cards, who's up for some rummy?

Infected
01-25-2024, 04:44 AM
My username's Infected, and my birthday is the 24th of January. I couldn't make this up lmao

Sneasel
01-25-2024, 04:50 AM
My username's Infected, and my birthday is the 24th of January. I couldn't make this up lmao

Happy late Birthday to you!
This is Gold, hahaha.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 08:10 AM

Talking care of other Ryus will not get you infected. Being in the same area/thread as other infected users who have sick ryus will. So you could go to profile pages cand care for them.

- - - Updated - - -

That's outstanding. I would have been crazy if you were patient zero!

- - - Updated - - -

Defintily infected. Kinda a cute thing that is happening. Last time it went away pretty fast this time it seem to be sticking

If your Ryu was sick previously then got better then it was a glitch that had to do with ryus waking up after sleeping. Bat confirmed last night that no Infected ryu has been cured yet.

Pam
01-25-2024, 08:13 AM
I saw three Infected that don't seem to be on our list! Here they are:

I don't know how ofter you're updating it, apologies if you already knew! <3

Charmander
01-25-2024, 08:20 AM
I saw three Infected that don't seem to be on our list! Here they are:

I don't know how ofter you're updating it, apologies if you already knew! <3

Thank you! I will update these as I can :)

Wooloo
01-25-2024, 08:22 AM
I think I've been hit.. :(

Serebii
01-25-2024, 08:38 AM
So hard to take care of infected when they are all asleep during my waking hours. :(

Siebenschlaefer
01-25-2024, 08:45 AM
2020 Flashbacks O_O

We also got infected! Checking to see if any of the sick ones are awake rn!

DankRUSE
01-25-2024, 08:50 AM
ME BOI IS SICK

Charmander
01-25-2024, 08:56 AM
ME BOI IS SICK

I almost spit out my coffee at this drawing. That is fantastic!

- - - Updated - - -

I need these ryus to drop some hearts so I can love them!

Kaguya
01-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Neat event! I'm just catching up to speed now!

Zenitsu
01-25-2024, 09:49 AM
Chuntaro got sick! 😢

doraemon
01-25-2024, 09:53 AM
I may or may not have panicked when I saw the skull on my Ryu. I thought I was inactive enough to have killed them D:

Thankfully looking up "skull with ryu" on the searchbar proved helpful.

pls gib healz

Pam
01-25-2024, 10:04 AM
ME BOI IS SICK

I beg you to always be present and drawing current events. Srsly your art makes me LOL every single time

Zenitsu
01-25-2024, 10:06 AM
I may or may not have panicked when I saw the skull on my Ryu. I thought I was inactive enough to have killed them D:

Thankfully looking up "skull with ryu" on the searchbar proved helpful.

pls gib healz

Same! I'm just catching up with everything! I cannot believe I just woke TF up to my SON having the sniffles, crying, throwing up, and shivering! This is crazy! My Ryu is deadass sick! Who TF coughed on them! >_< I need answers! *goes into protective stay-at-home Karen dad ballistic mode* I damn well know I told him not to stay up late either and to keep himself warm at all times... 🤧🤒

What are we gonna do... 1 medkit or 10 bandages?

Bat
01-25-2024, 10:08 AM
DankRUSE's art is amazing, and she deserves all the coffees you can send her! Thanks for sharing your amazing talents with the community!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 10:10 AM
ME BOI IS SICK

omfg i love this so much

Bat
01-25-2024, 10:14 AM
Big ol' tree at this point.

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Infected
01-25-2024, 10:19 AM

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Damn that username effect is BEAUTIFUL!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 10:26 AM
Out of curiosity, is there more data to become available down the line like times infections started/ended and things I'm not thinking of?

Zenitsu
01-25-2024, 10:29 AM

OMG!! I was just having a conversation with Aero! I knew it! I freaking knew it!!!! The evidence is right there, undeniable!!!!!

Pam
01-25-2024, 10:34 AM
Oooo me and Cutemon only have the UC Buy/Sell/Trade in common from what I can see! Could it be the culprit?

Guil
01-25-2024, 10:35 AM
Bat is the person who created the disease but also the CDC at this point with all the data and charts. Duality of Bat

Bat
01-25-2024, 10:41 AM
Probably not great that a guy calling himself "Bat" introduced a sickness to a game amirite?

Pam
01-25-2024, 10:44 AM
I mean.. if it's rabies it's a big nono but if all Ryus are slowly becoming vampires I am down for that

Bat
01-25-2024, 10:44 AM
Maybe for Halloween 😉

Alister
01-25-2024, 10:46 AM
random interesting tidbit that jumped out to me in the new data set: Shinx is showing up twice on the new chart, once under Aero's chain and once under GreyFaerie's chain stemming off of our favorite super spreader Parrot

Parrot
01-25-2024, 10:50 AM
random interesting tidbit that jumped out to me in the new data set: Shinx is showing up twice on the new chart, once under Aero's chain and once under GreyFaerie's chain stemming off of our favorite super spreader Parrot

Do I get a prize for being the most contagious bitch in the room

kittyray
01-25-2024, 10:56 AM
Do I get a prize for being the most contagious bitch in the room

I was gonna draw one but my trackpad does not want to cooperate with my hands rn, so Zenitsu I know you got some trophies you can give out!

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 10:59 AM
Oh the horror....................Woke up this morning to my sick little Cashew. Another pandemic. I cannot bear it. Where do we get little masks for our babies????"??

Help.................

Parrot
01-25-2024, 11:00 AM
I was gonna draw one but my trackpad does not want to cooperate with my hands rn, so Zenitsu I know you got some trophies you can give out!

If anyone wants to make me a little custom avatar with my current av, name as a userbar and then other userbar that says infectious or something in theme with my av I would be more than happy to wear that badge hahaha

kittyray
01-25-2024, 11:04 AM
If anyone wants to make me a little custom avatar with my current av, name as a userbar and then other userbar that says infectious or something in theme with my av I would be more than happy to wear that badge hahaha

if nobody has done this by a few hours from now, I'll give it a go, lmao!

Parrot
01-25-2024, 11:04 AM
if nobody has done this by a few hours from now, I'll give it a go, lmao!

Hahaha thank you, much appreciated <3 <£

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:07 AM
I have mixed feelings about a prize for being the most contagious. The server selected kittyray as patient zero because she was the only person online that was zooming between webpages when the outbreak went live. She wins by default because she was the only person that forgot to wash her hands before touching threads. I guess that we could go with most infections in a single generation, but I'm wondering if that's encouraging users to infect one another.

Parrot
01-25-2024, 11:13 AM
I have mixed feelings about a prize for being the most contagious. The server selected kittyray as patient zero because she was the only person online that was zooming between webpages when the outbreak went live. She wins by default because she was the only person that forgot to wash her hands before touching threads. I guess that we could go with most infections in a single generation, but I'm wondering if that's encouraging users to infect one another.

Yeah when you put it like that I imagined the reality of winning a prize for trying to infect the most people possible with Covid irl and maybe now I'm not so keen lool

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:15 AM
The associations with covid were inescapable, but this is just a little video game at the end of the day. Perhaps we're overthinking it.

Delibird
01-25-2024, 11:22 AM
They are after all, just pixels right? ;)

fufrag
01-25-2024, 11:39 AM
Definitely thought i somehow killed my ryu when I saw the skull, lol. Super cool to see the chart of how the infection's spread

Bat
Fair enough.

Guil
do sick ryus sleep more? would make sense! i feel like i been seeing more sleepy boys, but maybe its just this time of day

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:42 AM
There's a random chance at every tick of the in-game clock that sick Ryugotchis will stay asleep for a period greater than their usual waking time. Ryugotchis don't have careers and families to take care of like the rest of us, so they get to sleep in.

kittyray
01-25-2024, 11:42 AM
Yeah, that's totally fair to not want to reward that! But it's an interesting stat as far as numbers go! Also, glad my compulsive browsing served for something!

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Your browsing was at the top of the list for infectious activities that spawned illness! I wish that we had a podcast to talk about this sort of stuff. There's so much stuff going on in the game ecosystem. It's a blast to work on!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 11:52 AM
Your browsing was at the top of the list for infectious activities that spawned illness! I wish that we had a podcast to talk about this sort of stuff. There's so much stuff going on in the game ecosystem. It's a blast to work on!

There's no rule that says you can't have a one-off podcast to discuss this stuff!

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:53 AM

Forum Suggestion.... Bat and j03 start a podcast!

Guil
01-25-2024, 11:53 AM
There's a random chance at every tick of the in-game clock that sick Ryugotchis will stay asleep for a period greater than their usual waking time. Ryugotchis don't have careers and families to take care of like the rest of us, so they get to sleep in.

makes sense. man i wish i was a ryu. i could just walk back and forth all day and eat candy for every meal if i was the dragon

(also, general note! i just went though the infected list and did some caring. lots of good boys getting rest though! it looks like kittyray's isnt infected anymore? they have the visitor again. but may just be not displaying right again like we had yesterday)

DankRUSE
01-25-2024, 11:56 AM
I beg you to always be present and drawing current events. Srsly your art makes me LOL every single time

of course! i plan on it :D it is a lot of fun and I am glad others enjoy it!

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:57 AM
it looks like kittyray's isnt infected anymore? they have the visitor again. but may just be not displaying right again like we had yesterday)

kittyray's Ryugotchi hatched out of being sick, which is something that any Ryugotchi can do when their time comes, or if their owners reroll them.

Infected
01-25-2024, 12:00 PM
kittyray's Ryugotchi hatched out of being sick, which is something that any Ryugotchi can do when their time comes, or if their owners reroll them.

Hypothetically if all Ryu's at one point were cured, can they just get infected, or will only new hatches 'spawn' the infection?

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:02 PM
Forum Suggestion.... Bat and j03 start a podcast!

I'd worry that any podcast with just the two of us would ultimately skew towards coding stuff in some way, and as much as I love talking about code, it's probably not the kind of thing that would enchant the majority of listeners. We need more people to mix things up.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 12:04 PM
I'd worry that any podcast with just the two of us would ultimately skew towards coding stuff in some way, and as much as I love talking about code, it's probably not the kind of thing that would enchant the majority of listeners. We need more people to mix things up.

That's where you bring in special guests! Spice it up :)

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:04 PM

I'd probably listen to y'all talk about code, tbh, but you could have guests! Bring people on to talk about different things!

Buizel
01-25-2024, 12:06 PM
I'd be down to voice chat with you all again in discord! :) We have such good conversations when all of us get together haha

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:10 PM
Hypothetically if all Ryu's at one point were cured, can they just get infected, or will only new hatches 'spawn' the infection?

All Ryugotchis beyond the point of being contagious are no longer capable of transmitting infection. Hatching a previously sick Ryugotchis effectively makes it noncontagious without dropping the immunity, so you could eradicate the current strain if everybody evolved out of it. Then again, you could also wait for everybody to naturally recover!

PrettySarcastic
01-25-2024, 12:13 PM
But the new userbar is PINK. How am I to endure without it?

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:21 PM
Show some Ryugotchis some love!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:25 PM
But the new userbar is PINK. How am I to endure without it?

It's great and also I think it's the cross that does it, but I keep getting Louis Vuitton vibes, esp when I see it in the corner of my eye.

Bat
01-25-2024, 12:39 PM
It's great and also I think it's the cross that does it, but I keep getting Louis Vuitton vibes, esp when I see it in the corner of my eye.

Ha ha! EXACTLY the vibe I was going for. Nothing gets past this community! It's remarkable!

Also, I just noticed that GWN warns users that visit this thread that they might get sick in the title. That's so funny!

Buizel
01-25-2024, 12:48 PM
It's been some time and Buizel isn't sick (thankfully).

Is my immune system on 100?! :o_o:

birdies
01-25-2024, 12:49 PM
W-who hurt my puppy?

NGL I when I saw it I thought the Ryu he had been talking to died and he was playing with its skull so kind of relieved he's sick rather an a psychopath.

kittyray
01-25-2024, 12:51 PM
W-who hurt my puppy?

NGL I when I saw it I thought the Ryu he had been talking to died and he was playing with its skull so kind of relieved he's sick rather an a psychopath.

Oh no, now I'm picturing a sad Ryu sitting by the grave of a deceased visitor Ryu.

birdies
01-25-2024, 12:53 PM
Oh no, now I'm picturing a sad Ryu sitting by the grave of a deceased visitor Ryu.

I mean, less sitting beside and more juggling with its bones was what I initially thought.

it's okay, dead ryu can rise again! no mourners no funerals.

Blissey
01-25-2024, 01:08 PM
its official, chumbawumba has the ick :( please admit them to the ryu center so they can get all better!!
also, the mascot character in the userbar is SO FUCKIN CUTE!!!! :o_o:

phantasia
01-25-2024, 01:59 PM
Please add mine to the list of infected

I wonder if to get healed you have to have baby sitting on

DankRUSE
01-25-2024, 02:01 PM
It's been some time and Buizel isn't sick (thankfully).

Is my immune system on 100?! :o_o:

Rinon
01-25-2024, 02:07 PM
Can't wait for the day where I can post the meme that's like "Stop praying for my Grandpa (ryus). They're becoming too strong." 😭

Gonna keep an eye out on all the ryus as much as I can!! We must cure them!

Excalibur
01-25-2024, 02:12 PM

is this Infected with Buizel XD

Soap
01-25-2024, 02:25 PM
Seems I've caught the bug.

Erik.
01-25-2024, 02:40 PM
Yow what the hell?? :grief:

Buizel
01-25-2024, 03:23 PM

NOOOO THIS IS ADORABLE, BUT BUIZEL IS PATIENT ZERO!! :grief:

Slowpoke
01-25-2024, 03:24 PM
Stay back, sick bug!

:deli::deli:

Update: NOOO MIRACLE IS SICK NOW :ulan:

caviar
01-25-2024, 04:02 PM
Clicking on the scooper seems to make the thing go away for a moment, I think? Idk I'm new to Ryus lol.

lint
01-25-2024, 04:29 PM
Make sure you got extra protecto gear tho when scooping the poos! They're now biohazards lol.

Flordibel
01-25-2024, 04:43 PM
where's my ryu's stimmy

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 04:53 PM
I have been gone all day. Is there a cure???? Do I need to buy Ryu Pet Insurance for the future? Do I need to make final arrangements, just in case.!!!!!!

Soap
01-25-2024, 04:56 PM
I have been gone all day. Is there a cure???? Do I need to buy Ryu Pet Insurance for the future? Do I need to make final arrangements, just in case.!!!!!!

Much like America you're health insurance is reliant on your loved ones caring enough to pay for your recovery.

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 04:57 PM

I seem to be first generation infected. But I did NOT give the bug to anyone. Phew

Soap
01-25-2024, 04:59 PM
VIP should be free health care/immunity, just saying.

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 05:02 PM

I have shared Chicken Soup with Matzo Balls. I know this will be a big help to combat the bug. If it works, I give all the credit to the Matzo Balls.

Gena
01-25-2024, 05:04 PM
OMG I thought my Ryu had died :sorrow: then I saw this thread. Phew!
But let's take care of those infected ryus!!!!

vtra
01-25-2024, 05:48 PM
omg this is why i saw a bunch of ryus with skulls...

no idea when Kyu got sick x3 lol

Charmander
01-25-2024, 06:07 PM
I have a community proposal.....what are thoughts on having a designated Ryu Medical Team!?

These users would have to opt to remove their Ryus from their stacks. This would make them "immune" to the Ryu Virus and they can provide care and surfe the forum without fear and care for our sick Ryu community!

Just a thought. Then this team can get pinged if we notice some really sick Ryus!?

John Cena
01-25-2024, 06:18 PM
My lil fish is feeling sick
I'm so sorry lil Cena, I'll try and save you :(

SomeClown
01-25-2024, 06:20 PM
(playing along) Need I be worried?! I just got my little one!!!

Mothman
01-25-2024, 07:01 PM
kittyray what have you done to my boy!! lmao... maybe i should watch my little ryu a bit better haha :P

Synth Salazzle
01-25-2024, 07:06 PM
*gross sobbing* HE AINT GONNA DIE IS HE

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 07:12 PM
*gross sobbing* HE AINT GONNA DIE IS HE

just a slight cold ....right? :x

EnderTheory
01-25-2024, 07:30 PM
Looks like Garf got sick when I went to check on him today :(

ampharos
01-25-2024, 07:43 PM
Jasmine got sick today ;-;

Serebii
01-25-2024, 08:17 PM
I have a community proposal.....what are thoughts on having a designated Ryu Medical Team!?

These users would have to opt to remove their Ryus from their stacks. This would make them "immune" to the Ryu Virus and they can provide care and surfe the forum without fear and care for our sick Ryu community!

Just a thought. Then this team can get pinged if we notice some really sick Ryus!?

I don't think that would work out. Not with the userbar being a thing. It's gonna end up being a free for all of people interacting with ryus until the first couple of bars are granted. (This is if the bar is given by helping cure a ryu and not like... simply having an infected ryu get better.)

Charmander
01-25-2024, 08:29 PM
I don't think that would work out. Not with the userbar being a thing. It's gonna end up being a free for all of people interacting with ryus until the first couple of bars are granted. (This is if the bar is given by helping cure a ryu and not like... simply having an infected ryu get better.)

....but if it's given out for helping Ryus then that shouldn't matter. Users who don't have ryus unlocked would not have been excluded from being able to participate and obtain a community bar. So I. Theory having designated team of helpers who pull their Ryus off their stacks should have opportunity for the bar. It also allows some users to avoid their Ryu from being sick, spreading the virus as well help heal. :)

Bat did mention isolation so thay may equate to pulling from the stack

- - - Updated - - -

Less Ryus out and about the more the breakout spreads. I. Theory if EVERYONE pulled their Ryu from their stack the virus would be dead....

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to test this Theory and when I am on PC I'm going to pull my Ryu.

Maybe even create a Ryu Rescue Team as well. Let me.know if you would like to do the same and join the rescue team!

chii3d
01-25-2024, 09:09 PM
I'm also sick, how fitting.

Swablu
01-25-2024, 09:20 PM
Are we pulling them or just testing a theory?

Charmander
01-25-2024, 09:25 PM
Are we pulling them or just testing a theory?

I just updated the OP. Pulling them is testing a theory. I do believe Bat mentioned that if you pull them you can no longer spread infection? please correct me if I am wrong. I am going off the theory that if a contagious Ryu is isolated then we as users cans till go about our clraik buisness without fear of spreading infection. And as a result we can also help others recovery who will then have some immunity for a bit and overall...lower the viral load on the site.

Shinx
01-25-2024, 09:28 PM
I just updated the OP. Pulling them is testing a theory. I do believe Bat mentioned that if you pull them you can no longer spread infection? please correct me if I am wrong. I am going off the theory that if a contagious Ryu is isolated then we as users cans till go about our clraik buisness without fear of spreading infection. And as a result we can also help others recovery who will then have some immunity for a bit and overall...lower the viral load on the site.

happy to pull Pizza and see if I can help cure others ^_^

Pidgey
01-25-2024, 09:30 PM
I cared for a few Ryus today but my luck bar is below half and did not improve through any of my interactions.

Fingers crossed it doesn't drop lower

Charmander
01-25-2024, 09:31 PM
happy to pull Pizza and see if I can help cure others ^_^

Shall I add you to the Ryu Rescue Crew!?

kittyray
01-25-2024, 09:33 PM
I believe that pulled Ryu cannot spread infections, but when reactivated they can start spreading again, even if that strain has been otherwise eradicated. I'm not sure if on our end we'll have any indication of whether or not we're dealing with a different strain. We need Ryu Microbiologists!

Shinx
01-25-2024, 09:34 PM
Shall I add you to the Ryu Rescue Crew!?

yeah go on :) I'm on most days from now for about 5 or 6 hours off and on so can be pretty active ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

I cared for a few Ryus today but my luck bar is below half and did not improve through any of my interactions.

Fingers crossed it doesn't drop lower

My luck bar was pretty much full, I didn't notice it dropping at all over yesterday and today, but I did go through the entire parent list of Ryus to care for as many as poss

Charmander
01-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Ha ha! EXACTLY the vibe I was going for. Nothing gets past this community! It's remarkable!

Also, I just noticed that GWN warns users that visit this thread that they might get sick in the title. That's so funny!

It was a nice reference to this lovely scene!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah go on :) I'm on most days from now for about 5 or 6 hours off and on so can be pretty active ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

My luck bar was pretty much full, I didn't notice it dropping at all over yesterday and today, but I did go through the entire parent list of Ryus to care for as many as poss

Awesome. Once Pizza is put away I will :)

Shinx
01-25-2024, 09:46 PM
It looks like Yuumi is better? unless they re-rolled?

Also Hydrapple,Aero,Erik

- - - Updated - - -

Weird, I put pizza away and saved my UB stack but it reverted, just pulled all my UB for now

Charmander
01-25-2024, 09:56 PM
It looks like Yuumi is better? unless they re-rolled?

Also Hydrapple,Aero,Erik

- - - Updated - - -

Weird, I put pizza away and saved my UB stack but it reverted, just pulled all my UB for now

You're right! I have added them to the cured list!

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 09:56 PM
I believe that pulled Ryu cannot spread infections, but when reactivated they can start spreading again, even if that strain has been otherwise eradicated. I'm not sure if on our end we'll have any indication of whether or not we're dealing with a different strain. We need Ryu Microbiologists!

I'm picturing little ryu masks, aww!

kittyray
01-25-2024, 10:17 PM
I'm picturing little ryu masks, aww!

I started doing that yesterday, but got tired after the first few.

When I said that I was picturing more like bacteria/virus trapped under the ice type stuff!

Charmander
01-25-2024, 10:18 PM

When I said that I was picturing more like bacteria/virus trapped under the ice type stuff!

These are so cute Kitty! Well done!

Shinx
01-25-2024, 10:19 PM

thats adorable!!!

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 10:37 PM
Three little Ryu's are cured. Do we know how this happened???? I cannot stay home with a sick little Cashew. I guess I am not such a devoted mother

SomeClown
01-25-2024, 10:42 PM
I've pulled mine, poor guy got sick by foolin around in here (i guess?)

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 10:53 PM

Oh my gosh, I love them! Ryu safety first!

Ferengi
01-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Quark is sick!!

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:08 PM
I've pulled mine, poor guy got sick by foolin around in here (i guess?)

It could have been here given all the activity infected Ryus that have come.to this thread, however it could have easily been from any other thread that had an infected Ryu.

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 11:10 PM
so we are pulling them if they're infected? is that the theory we are all going to try?

Munna
01-25-2024, 11:15 PM
I have tried to play traveling nurse all day long to no avail. :sorrow:

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:16 PM
The initial group of people that kittyray coughed on should become noncontagious some time this evening, and that'll make healing them easier! We still haven't had any fully healed Ryugotchis yet.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:20 PM
The initial group of people that kittyray coughed on should become noncontagious some time this evening, and that'll make healing them easier! We still haven't had any fully healed Ryugotchis yet.

So would Erik. Aero be glitches? As I saw them with visitors back and no more 💀

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 11:21 PM
sounds like this evening is going to be party central, I'll bring the dayquil

lint
01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
I think I noticed that my lil dude got hungrier for being sick? Wondering how any of the functions may affect this? Like, would feeding them more or play with them more help???

Peanutface
01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
sounds like this evening is going to be party central, I'll bring the dayquil

I will bring the booze. That way we will not care that anyone is sick

Bunnii
01-25-2024, 11:25 PM
I think I noticed that my lil dude got hungrier for being sick? Wondering how any of the functions may affect this? Like, would feeding them more or play with them more help???

I don't think they will play when they're sick, poor things

- - - Updated - - -

I will bring the booze. That way we will not care that anyone is sick

one dayquil and vodka comin' up!

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:26 PM
The Ryus will not play when they are sick. You can only feed them and clean their poop

Excalibur
01-25-2024, 11:27 PM
I don't think they will play when they're sick, poor things

- - - Updated - - -

one dayquil and vodka comin' up!

when i was a kid my dad used to tell me this. honestly i tried as a teen and hated my life. i hope my ryu doesnt die from taking that

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:28 PM
So would Erik. Aero be glitches? As I saw them with visitors back and no more 💀

They're both still sick, but Erik's Ryugotchi is sleeping. There isn't logic to prevent sick Ryugotchis from sleeping with other Ryugotchis presently.

basically
01-25-2024, 11:28 PM
just took my ryu out and it immediately became infected haha woops. fingers crossed for its speedy recovery. :o

Swablu
01-25-2024, 11:29 PM
They're both still sick, but Erik's Ryugotchi is sleeping. There isn't logic to prevent sick Ryugotchis from sleeping with other Ryugotchis presently.

Does it help comfort them and help them heal faster if they're with another one?

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:31 PM

Ah I see so he is. I just thought that since Erik. had a visitor back they were healed. So if sick Ryus had visitors prior if they are sleeping their visitor might still show up. Good to know. Silly Ryus.

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Does it help comfort them and help them heal faster if they're with another one?

Sadly, no. It just makes them more likely to infect their visitor because the visitor's Ryugotchi is called into the same page as a sick Ryugotchi.

Ah I see so he is. I just thought that since Erik. had a visitor back they were healed. So if sick Ryus had visitors prior if they are sleeping their visitor might still show up?

That's right. It's an oversight that I'm currently looking into correcting. The glitch is that sick Ryugotchis are still allowed to sleep, but the mode they're switched into bypasses the condition that turns off visitors when they're awake.

Swablu
01-25-2024, 11:37 PM
Sadly, no. It just makes them more likely to infect their visitor because the visitor's Ryugotchi is called into the same page as a sick Ryugotchi.

That's right. It's an oversight that I'm currently looking into correcting. The glitch is that sick Ryugotchis are still allowed to sleep, but the mode they're switched into bypasses the condition that turns off visitors when they're awake.

Welp, there goes that theory thinking ryu connection could be a good healing tool.

Bat
01-25-2024, 11:43 PM
Welp, there goes that theory thinking ryu connection could be a good healing tool.

You're making me regret that choice! I approached coding that with the thought that coughing in a loved one's face while you sleep with them gets them sick. Not that your loving bond would give you the will to heal faster.

Swablu
01-25-2024, 11:48 PM
You're making me regret that choice! I approached coding that with the thought that coughing in a loved one's face while you sleep with them gets them sick. Not that your loving bond would give you the will to heal faster.

I'm sorry! Dx
I can see where you're coming from though with that train of thought. I was thinking of curling up next to my honey and just soaking up his warmth usually helps me, so maybe it would be slightly the same ryu wise.

Charmander
01-25-2024, 11:49 PM
Went through the sick list that I have. Everyone is topped up. The only sick Ryu that needs a lot of love and cleaning is Hollow's but there are sleeping soundly.

Looks like we will see what tomorrow brings.

Also hoping I did not pull the trigger too quick in Isolating Hoser to become a Ryu RN.

Bat
01-26-2024, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry! Dx
I can see where you're coming from though with that train of thought. I was thinking of curling up next to my honey and just soaking up his warmth usually helps me, so maybe it would be slightly the same ryu wise.

The concept was too cute to pass up. I've reverted back the change that I made to stop sick Ryugotchi from sleeping with visitors, and I've added a condition to the in-game clock that has a chance of healing either visitor faster when they're sick.

Excalibur
01-26-2024, 12:10 AM

dude these hot fixes on the fly are really awesome! i cant wait to actually sit down and go through Ariealle 's list lol

before lunchtime is usualyl my free time but we have so many users who are getting them and keeping them out and about now. what the hell is up with all the S users too?! i like the end of the alphabet theres only 3-4 peeps at a time makes it super smoof.

Bat
01-26-2024, 12:12 AM
dude these hot fixes on the fly are really awesome! i cant wait to actually sit down and go through Ariealle's list lol

No amount of planning can prepare you for somebody else to have a better idea than you did! It's fun to share in the creative process, and we have a neat little ecosystem to do it in.

billytiddles
01-26-2024, 12:51 AM
Great thread, thank you for putting it all together and for keeping it alive! Tried my best to help out whatever Ryu's I could tonight, most of them are sleeping though :(

rio
01-26-2024, 06:20 AM
Wake up ryus I'm here with the tylenol!!!

Serebii
01-26-2024, 06:46 AM
kittyray's ryu seems to be doing better now, I think! They're awake and have a visitor and they respond to playing!

LibraryFaerie
01-26-2024, 07:39 AM
I threw my Ryu back into my stack two days ago and we're immediately sick! (which actually sounds a lot like me anytime I leave the house irl haha) here to help and hopefully not spread too much!

Synth Salazzle
01-26-2024, 08:15 AM
poor ryu is still sick ;-;

kittyray
01-26-2024, 08:31 AM
kittyray's ryu seems to be doing better now, I think! They're awake and have a visitor and they respond to playing!

Ye! That's because I decided to experiment and see what happens if you re-roll and turned out that was the opt-out option. So didn't properly heal, unfortunately!

phantasia
01-26-2024, 08:49 AM
Ye! That's because I decided to experiment and see what happens if you re-roll and turned out that was the opt-out option. So didn't properly heal, unfortunately!

You will probably get reinfected. Since you did not actually get healed or get the userbar?

kittyray
01-26-2024, 08:52 AM
You will probably get reinfected. Since you did not actually get healed or get the userbar?

I thiiiiink if I remember correctly is that I have to wait for a new strain. I hope I can get the UB from helping others, I don't wanna wait to be a sparkly internet girl!

Bat
01-26-2024, 08:55 AM
As the initial severity of the illness passes, it will become easier to heal a sick Ryugotchi. If you watch closely as you take care of them, the Ryugotchis may even thank you when they're healed!

Aero
01-26-2024, 11:51 AM
I have become sick irl- I wonder if I got it from my ryu? :"D

kittyray
01-26-2024, 11:53 AM
I have become sick irl- I wonder if I got it from my ryu? :"D

The first known case of Ryu-Human disease transmission!

Synth Salazzle
01-26-2024, 12:28 PM
The first known case of Ryu-Human disease transmission!

Holy shit bat is one hell of a coder

howdy
01-26-2024, 12:56 PM
My Ryu is sick!!!! I'm so sad!!

kalez
01-26-2024, 02:19 PM
Oh, I was wondering what the skull icon was about haha.
I just finished getting over covid too

Erik.
01-26-2024, 02:28 PM
I switched on baby-sitting for my Wim, hopefully he'll get better soon :x

- - - Updated - - -

As the initial severity of the illness passes, it will become easier to heal a sick Ryugotchi. If you watch closely as you take care of them, the Ryugotchis may even thank you when they're healed!

I hope someone will be able to screenshot this, I MUST see it

Kon
01-26-2024, 02:31 PM
Oh no! I came to read up on the infection and as soon as I went to remove my Ryu so that I can be apart of the Rescue Team, I noticed my Ryu has been infected!
He was doing perfectly fine prior to viewing this thread! ;-;

Charmander
01-26-2024, 02:53 PM
Oh no! I came to read up on the infection and as soon as I went to remove my Ryu so that I can be apart of the Rescue Team, I noticed my Ryu has been infected!
He was doing perfectly fine prior to viewing this thread! ;-;

You can still remove your Ryu to be part of the rescue team.

Buizel
01-26-2024, 02:57 PM
Now that the weekend is here, I'll go through the list once off work and help ryus. :) I also tend to stay up late, so I can do another round in the AMs too. I'll be leaving Buizel out, we'll go into the fray together. :tears_of_joy: Pray for him to not catch the flu haha

Decepticon
01-26-2024, 03:09 PM
funny enough, I had a dream about the first few ryus getting cured :P

I just wanted to say I really like that it takes actual time for ryus to heal and get better! And that we can also help out to make them feel better!! Also,

I hope I get to see this eventually!! Honestly a super cute and wholesome feature <3

Erik.
01-26-2024, 03:22 PM
Now that the weekend is here, I'll go through the list once off work and help ryus. :) I also tend to stay up late, so I can do another round in the AMs too. I'll be leaving Buizel out, we'll go into the fray together. :tears_of_joy: Pray for him to not catch the flu haha

Buizel:

Druid
01-26-2024, 04:41 PM
aw I was wondering what was going on with Dratini, she got upset just as I finished feeding her ;-;

Raposa
01-26-2024, 04:46 PM
Holy crap, we got diseases now?! That's WILD! :o_o:

It does explain the skull though, I was wondering about that. I've been getting back into IRL Tamagotchi lately and thought I'd just been going nuts.

SomeClown
01-26-2024, 06:44 PM
Okay...I suppose sticking it out is best. I don't want to just ignore the little guy. I did work towards him, and i love that it's a pup. Reminds me of my dachshund.

Bunnii
01-26-2024, 06:48 PM
Holy crap, we got diseases now?! That's WILD! :o_o:

It does explain the skull though, I was wondering about that. I've been getting back into IRL Tamagotchi lately and thought I'd just been going nuts.

oo I just got one of these again myself lol

Kon
01-26-2024, 07:23 PM
You can still remove your Ryu to be part of the rescue team.

Ooh! That sounds great! Though, I may not fully understood the first post.
I'll probably have to read it again, but just to be sure or have a better understanding; in order for Ryu's to recover, do they have to be in the stack in order to be cured?
Hence as to why I felt like I couldn't remove my Ryu. I would like for my Ryu to be cured, but also would like to be on the Rescue Team.

Charmander
01-26-2024, 07:37 PM
Ooh! That sounds great! Though, I may not fully understood the first post.
I'll probably have to read it again, but just to be sure or have a better understanding; in order for Ryu's to recover, do they have to be in the stack in order to be cured?
Hence as to why I felt like I couldn't remove my Ryu. I would like for my Ryu to be cured, but also would like to be on the Rescue Team.

That might be a better question for Bat

Bat
01-26-2024, 07:43 PM
Ryugotchis will heal on their own after a few days, but they'll heal faster with love and attention.

Charmander
01-26-2024, 07:48 PM
Ryugotchis will heal on their own after a few days, but they'll heal faster with love and attention.

Even if removed from your stack?

Bat
01-26-2024, 07:54 PM
The recovery clock is an absolute time, but the in-game clock has to tick in order to clear status effects. The in-game clock is suspended when your Ryugotchi is put away, which means a tick would have to occur for your visuals to be updated, but the contagiousness period will still be measured from the recovery clock.

Swablu
01-26-2024, 09:16 PM

Oh yay! Glad I was able to help be a part of the creative process!

doraemon
01-26-2024, 11:03 PM
You're all too good at helping out the sick Ryus, lol. Most seem to be doing well!

As well as they can be with a skull hanging about in their area, but still.