14/03/2014

27/03/2014

29/03/2014

30/03/2014

25/04/2014

08/06/2014

12/06/2014

20/06/2014

Going to document changes throughout my art style/s from 28/10/2013 - 28/10/2014
    Dont mind me!

GFX- All very recent, as in within 20/12/2013-23/12/2013
    All commissions, and are all displayed on a neopoint selling website; not sure if I'm allowed to post it, so here are the images!

And idk I forgot when this was

06/01/2014

--/01-02/2014
    Series of banners done for @|2eap

04-05/03/2014
    Series of banners done for @|2eap

8/11/2014
    Series of banners done for @Tablo

Updating every few months!
    Last edited by Mint; 08-11-2014 at 08:33 PM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mint For This Useful Post:

|2eap (03-06-2014),Atlas (12-10-2015),baileaf (06-12-2014),Banannie (01-23-2014),Cheese (06-11-2014),Colby (02-03-2014),Drizzy (10-28-2013),Lavendrae (06-09-2014),Mod (10-28-2013),Poem (12-15-2013),Raj (10-29-2013),Sociopath (10-29-2013),Tablo (08-11-2014)

Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Oh wow, I am the first comment in this soon-to-be legendary thread!
    I feel so lucky and blessed to be part of little Mint's portfolio (which should've happened last December), finally a reality!

From now on out, current + future users in 2014/15/16/17...(and so on!), guests, and lurkers will forever read this first reply and associate me with cK's rising star and most beloved little girl, Mint!

---

Now,

(you should post your older works from your earlier days on cK too, in a separate area/spoiler, etc. )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Mint (10-28-2013)

[23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Oh wow, I am the first comment in this soon-to-be legendary thread!
    I feel so lucky and blessed to be part of little Mint's portfolio (which should've happened last December), finally a reality!

From now on out, current + future users in 2014/15/16/17...(and so on!), guests, and lurkers will forever read this first reply and associate me with cK's rising star and most beloved little girl, Mint!

---

Now,

Aw geez Mod (≧◡≦)
    You're like that doting father figure! Oh wait...
    Thanks for the love, I really do appreciate it whew

Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I feel so lucky and blessed
    Clap for the heavyweight champ, me
    BUT I COULDN'T DO IT ALL ALONE, WE
    YOUNG MONEY RAISED ME, GREW UP OUT IN BAISLEY

Think I wouldn't catch that one?

(you should post your older works from your earlier days on cK too, in a separate area/spoiler, etc. )
    I actually will do this tomorrow, great idea!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mint For This Useful Post:

Mod (10-28-2013)

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Time Online
    61 d 12 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    47 m
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HeartbreakJay PSN ID: Clyrkos
    You're amazing

so is your art

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:

Mint (10-29-2013)

giraffe ribs
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,521 Times in 1,422 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1167 Post(s)
    Time Online
    96 d 21 h 13 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 14 m

Re: M I N T ' S • portfolio

You know the story, this is where i praise your art to all hell

But thats ok cos its deserved <3

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raj For This Useful Post:

Mint (10-29-2013)

Resident Heather Mooney
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m

Love for your amazing art and some random advice!

You do some very amazing work! I feel as though you have a raw natural talent with aesthetic emotion and movement in your drawings that can't be learned by simply reading books and practicing. Some people are just born with an eye for it.

You have a gift that is very advanced for your age and if you haven't concidered it already, I would suggest taking art classes/ attending an art college (for graphic design) if this is something you're interested in doing.

One thing, as a fellow artist, that I do suggest, that will help you advance very quickly is to practice drawing shapes in dynamic poses. If you have a ball, or some blocks, or simple shapes, place them on a desk and draw them from an angle above, or below. And then add a light to the object. From the left. From the right, above, below. Soft light, hard light. Try this for 10-20 minutes, quick sketches everyday.

Another thing that is extremely helpful is to draw the negative space in an object to make up the picture. So if you have a chair or ladder, instead of drawing the chair or ladder, draw the negative spaces in between them and you'll be surprised as to how it turns out. It's a great exersise in viewing more complicated objects in a simpler way and helps train your brain to look at not just the object itself, but how it is fitting within the picture as a whole (perspective).

As the years go by and you get more advanced with your drawings, when you're older, you will have a really good grasp of lighting, perspective and shapes and will be able to draw characters in any position as well as having the trained eye to do realism (drawing live models). If you ever decide to attend school, these are some of the basics they will teach you, and it's extremely helpful in also learning how to draw from life. It's sort of hard to do at first if you're an imaginitive artist and draw from thought, but I just have a feeling that (looking through how much your pictures advanced within the months) that you'll see an amazing change in the quality of your art and you will be surprised in how quickly you have the ability to grow as an artist, day by day, month by month! I swear by these practice techniques. Just ten to twenty minutes a day. They work wonders. If you decide to give it a shot, keep a notepad of your first attemps and watch how quickly things improve each week.

(Took a few classes at Gage Academy in Seattle, and this is some of the stuff they taught us, it helped me a lot! I advanced artistically probably three times faster than I would have without these techniques.)

<3 I would love to buy a drawing from you this Feb for my signature, I'll inquire about it sometime after the 2nd of Feb (have a few other purchaces to make)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Banannie For This Useful Post:

Mint (04-02-2014),Mod (01-24-2014),Raj (01-24-2014)

[23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 34 m
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__
    Quote Originally Posted by Banannie View Post
    You do some very amazing work! I feel as though you have a raw natural talent with aesthetic emotion and movement in your drawings that can't be learned by simply reading books and practicing. Some people are just born with an eye for it.

You have a gift that is very advanced for your age and if you haven't concidered it already, I would suggest taking art classes/ attending an art college (for graphic design) if this is something you're interested in doing.

One thing, as a fellow artist, that I do suggest, that will help you advance very quickly is to practice drawing shapes in dynamic poses. If you have a ball, or some blocks, or simple shapes, place them on a desk and draw them from an angle above, or below. And then add a light to the object. From the left. From the right, above, below. Soft light, hard light. Try this for 10-20 minutes, quick sketches everyday.

Another thing that is extremely helpful is to draw the negative space in an object to make up the picture. So if you have a chair or ladder, instead of drawing the chair or ladder, draw the negative spaces in between them and you'll be surprised as to how it turns out. It's a great exersise in viewing more complicated objects in a simpler way and helps train your brain to look at not just the object itself, but how it is fitting within the picture as a whole (perspective).

As the years go by and you get more advanced with your drawings, when you're older, you will have a really good grasp of lighting, perspective and shapes and will be able to draw characters in any position as well as having the trained eye to do realism (drawing live models). If you ever decide to attend school, these are some of the basics they will teach you, and it's extremely helpful in also learning how to draw from life. It's sort of hard to do at first if you're an imaginitive artist and draw from thought, but I just have a feeling that (looking through how much your pictures advanced within the months) that you'll see an amazing change in the quality of your art and you will be surprised in how quickly you have the ability to grow as an artist, day by day, month by month! I swear by these practice techniques. Just ten to twenty minutes a day. They work wonders. If you decide to give it a shot, keep a notepad of your first attemps and watch how quickly things improve each week.

(Took a few classes at Gage Academy in Seattle, and this is some of the stuff they taught us, it helped me a lot! I advanced artistically probably three times faster than I would have without these techniques.)

<3 I would love to buy a drawing from you this Feb for my signature, I'll inquire about it sometime after the 2nd of Feb (have a few other purchaces to make)

DAMN! I just saw this. I'm so grateful for the advice, what you've outlined are exactly what I struggle with and I was just wonder how to fix it before I saw your post

I'm definitely going to take your advice to finally take a direction in where to improve. Thank you so much!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mint For This Useful Post:

Banannie (04-02-2014)

Resident Heather Mooney
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 752 Posts

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Time Online
    40 d 7 h 15 m
    Avg. Time Online
    39 m
    Still need to buy a drawing from you for my sig, but I'm just not sure of what I want yet.

I hope that the practice lessons help you out! I need to start doing them again too, I can see a decline in my work recently. Gunna be working with a graffiti artist soon, so maybe he will have some advice on layering without a computer.