Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m

[Recreational] Kristin's Guide to Hookah At Home

Kristin's Guide to Hookah at Home

(Hoping this is the right place. I have posted this guide before, but I'd like to share it with you guys as well. )

So, you bought your first hookah bong? Wanna learn how to do it just like how they do in the Hookah Lounges and make it so good? I'm here to tell you how that's done.
    First off, Hookah is flavored tobacco and has no traces of tar or nicotine. It is still a health hazard and you should make sure that you are ready to smoke it by looking up health risks and factors, which vary depending on the person.

What you will need :

A Bong

A Flavor Tobacco of your choice

Small Charcoals

Paper Towel

Pre-rounded aluminum foil

Needle

Small Portable Oven (or actual oven if you live alone)

Tongs (not pictured)

~*~*~*~*~

Your going to want to fill your base with water. Halfway is usually good for a good smoke. The more water you add, the stronger your smoke is. The less water you add, the lighter it is. You can also use ice which will make it good as well.

After you fill the base, you will want to put it back together and get your tobacco ready for the head. Here I am using Starbuzz Blue Mist. It is extremely flavorful, and Starbuzz has MANY exotic flavors to choose from.

You're going to take a good amount of tobacco (amount depends on how big of a head you have on your bong.) and put it in a paper towel. In the middle is a good place.

Since the tobacco is normally pretty wet (and sticky, your hands will get kinda yucky. lol) you'll want to wrap the tobacco in the paper towel and lightly squeeze, pat and roll it in the paper towel till it's dryer and more flaky. This is up to your discrimination.

Once the tobacco is flaky enough, your going to want to fill your head. Don't pack it down just lightly drop the tobacco inside. Don't let it flow over the top to, just right to the edge of the head. Any extra can be put back inside the container.

Next your going to grab a sheet of your pre-rounded aluminum foil. I'm using Pharaoh's brand, which is very nice. Wrap this around the head and over the tobacco. You may lightly tap down on the top but do not push. Get this pretty snug around the head.

Next, your going to take a needle of some sort and your going to poke little holes all around the head. You want plenty of holes so that it can breathe properly. Just make sure they are tiny, or ashes tend to fall inside from the coals later on.This is what it should look like finished.

Now you're going to get two coals (or 4, it depends on how big or small your head is) and your going to place them on your mini stove, and set the temp to High. (You can also learn that you can do this as soon as you are setting up, and set up while the coals get hot. It's your choice.) CAUTION : This will get extremely hot, please be cautious and safe during this process. The over gets hot really fast, as do the coals, and they leave embers.

Once the coals are turning orange and are halfway heated, your going to want to flip them over, so they they are fully heated from both sides, and inside. This process takes about 5-10 minutes total.

Once they are fully orange, you pick them up with your tongs (supplied with your bong) and place them on your head. How many you place depends on the size of your head and how strong you want it. It can burn your throat if it's too hot.

Once you have them where you want them. Take a good long couple of puffs. And enjoy your smoke! Don't forget to clean up afterwards! Throw your dirty water away, drop any leftover coals into a cup of water for fast cooling, and throw away burned tobacco. Enjoy!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LittlePunker For This Useful Post:

John (06-07-2013),Kite (09-25-2013),Leah (05-31-2013),Marine Biology (12-30-2013),nayfeee (06-04-2013),QueenofGbc (06-30-2016)

canada, eh?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Time Online
    9 d 4 h 54 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    I love going to hookah bars. It's so relaxing (and Blue Mist is amazing). Thanks for the guide, actually very helpful if I do plan to have an at home hookah.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    I love going to hookah bars. It's so relaxing (and Blue Mist is amazing). Thanks for the guide, actually very helpful if I do plan to have an at home hookah.
    Oh they are! I'm probably going to one later tonight. They are super relaxing! haha And yes, Blue Mist is amazing. xD You're welcome, hope you have fun!

Manchester, England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Time Online
    86 d 1 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 5 m
    Mmmm love me some of this to relax.

My favourite is fresh orange with mint.

Instead of putting the tobacco in the dish, remove the dish.

Get a fresh orange, half it and remove the inside. Then take your mint flavour tobacco and put it into the halved orange with some of the orange pulp mixed in. Using the orange as the "dish" push it onto the top of your hookah bong. Cover it in the tinfoil like normal and pierce it and put your coals on top.

Such a nice tasting combination!!

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Time Online
    80 d 17 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 1 m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Mmmm love me some of this to relax.

My favourite is fresh orange with mint.

Instead of putting the tobacco in the dish, remove the dish.

Get a fresh orange, half it and remove the inside. Then take your mint flavour tobacco and put it into the halved orange with some of the orange pulp mixed in. Using the orange as the "dish" push it onto the top of your hookah bong. Cover it in the tinfoil like normal and pierce it and put your coals on top.

Such a nice tasting combination!!
    Woah, nice idea, will give it a try when I get back home tomorrow!

I'm surprised to see you're using coal blocks, we use round ones that just need some flame (a lighter will do), they take fire and burn all the way around. Takes 20 seconds.

Manchester, England
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    313 Post(s)
    Time Online
    86 d 1 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 5 m
    They use the blocks at the cafes here too

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Time Online
    80 d 17 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 1 m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    They use the blocks at the cafes here too
    Hmm, maybe they last longer?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 h 23 m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    shisha (sp) not tobacco? right>?

Las Islas Filipinas
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Time Online
    6 d 3 h 23 m
    Avg. Time Online
    5 m
    Quote Originally Posted by krawkfighter View Post
    shisha (sp) not tobacco? right>?
    I agree. The 'flavoured tobacco' is actually called shisha. And I think they're molasses not tobacco(?). Not sure tho.

We have a hookah at home! Me and my friends usually just hang around in our garden and do some shisha and play cards. You know you could also experiment on the water at the base. We usually add whole milk to the water to make the smoke thicker. We even tried putting listerine and it made the vapor minty.

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Time Online
    8 d 10 h 16 m
    Avg. Time Online
    7 m
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarCoated View Post
    I agree. The 'flavoured tobacco' is actually called shisha. And I think they're molasses not tobacco(?). Not sure tho.

We have a hookah at home! Me and my friends usually just hang around in our garden and do some shisha and play cards. You know you could also experiment on the water at the base. We usually add whole milk to the water to make the smoke thicker. We even tried putting listerine and it made the vapor minty.
    Isn't Shisha the little pebble looking stones though? Tobacco is just wet well...tobacco?
    I have both at home is why. lol
    And Milk? I would LOVe to try that one day. It sounds awesome!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast