Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Come and chat with me while I wait for 2:30 ?

  1. #1



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,348
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,388 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 15 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes

    Come and chat with me while I wait for 2:30 ?

    So that day has come. I have to do that 15 minutes speech at 2:30 pm and I'm just so stressed for nothing.

    So come and chat with me before I go crazy about it ?

  2. #2
    Daenery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Zoboo Land (ง˙▿˙)ง
    Posts
    618
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 543 Times in 407 Posts


    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 d 16 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    So that day has come. I have to do that 15 minutes speech at 2:30 pm and I'm just so stressed for nothing.

    So come and chat with me before I go crazy about it ?
    GOOD LUCK MY PRECIOUS

    GO GET 'EM

    I have terrible stage fright when it comes to presentations myself. Try pretending the audience isn't really there! Or pretend that they're just a flock of fuzzy sheep staring at you with vacant expressions.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

    Cath (05-08-2013)

  4. #3



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,348
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,388 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 15 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorn View Post
    GOOD LUCK MY PRECIOUS

    GO GET 'EM

    I have terrible stage fright when it comes to presentations myself. Try pretending the audience isn't really there! Or pretend that they're just a flock of fuzzy sheep staring at you with vacant expressions.
    Thanks love <3
    I am doing my best right now to calm down, and hopefully it will be fine.
    The worst that can happen, is me having a bad grade or people laughing.... I guess.

    But I'll be doing my best, so if it's not okay, then screw them.

  5. #4
    Daenery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Zoboo Land (ง˙▿˙)ง
    Posts
    618
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 543 Times in 407 Posts


    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 d 16 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by katzes View Post
    Thanks love <3
    I am doing my best right now to calm down, and hopefully it will be fine.
    The worst that can happen, is me having a bad grade or people laughing.... I guess.

    But I'll be doing my best, so if it's not okay, then screw them.
    I'm sure you'll do amazingly.

    Anyone who laughs during a presentation about Alzheimer's is a royal jerk anyway so I hope for their sakes they don't.

  6. #5

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 43 m
    Rep Power
    11
    I guess the deed is already done by now, but just because you're katzes, I will share.

    When I do presentations, I pretend I'm doing stand-up and improv half of it.
    Works pretty well, and I get a few laughs from the audience too. Laughter (on top of spitting some facts about your topic) makes things good.
    If you look at international conferences involving scientific debates, discoveries, or other scholarly stuff, you'll notice the speaker isn't a dead monotone.
    Never be that, you'll bore the audience, even if they are eager professionals in your topic. Be light-hearted if you can, the audience are still people.

    Just practice a few times to get the flow and general ideas familiar in your head (I often miss many small details when gunning my presentations).

    ---

    The only time it didn't work is when I blanked midway in one of my group presentations ('cause I didn't learn the material enough), stared at the audience, then whispered "Shit!".
    But I forgot I had a mic clipped to my collar.

    I was the first to go in my group though, and I guess it set up a domino effect; everyone else butchered it after me.
    One girl had it planned her speech would be 3 minutes, but she choked so hard she blasted through it in 30 seconds and the rest of us were like, "Uhh. No good! No good, shit!"

    So it was one for the books.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

    Cath (05-08-2013)

  8. #6



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,348
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,388 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 15 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I guess the deed is already done by now, but just because you're katzes, I will share.

    When I do presentations, I pretend I'm doing stand-up and improv half of it.
    Works pretty well, and I get a few laughs from the audience too. Laughter (on top of spitting some facts about your topic) makes things good.
    If you look at international conferences involving scientific debates, discoveries, or other scholarly stuff, you'll notice the speaker isn't a dead monotone.
    Never be that, you'll bore the audience, even if they are eager professionals in your topic. Be light-hearted if you can, the audience are still people.

    Just practice a few times to get the flow and general ideas familiar in your head (I often miss many small details when gunning my presentations).

    ---

    The only time it didn't work is when I blanked midway in one of my group presentations ('cause I didn't learn the material enough), stared at the audience, then whispered "Shit!".
    But I forgot I had a mic clipped to my collar.

    I was the first to go in my group though, and I guess it set up a domino effect; everyone else butchered it after me.
    One girl had it planned her speech would be 3 minutes, but she choked so hard she blasted through it in 30 seconds and the rest of us were like, "Uhh. No good! No good, shit!"

    So it was one for the books.
    I was already done with it when you posted, but still, thanks a lot for sharing. <3

    I started my presentation with making laughing everybody when I stepped into that projection screen. (I looked so dumb, oh god.)
    But I think it went all good! I didn't use my notes at all, so I think I knew my subject pretty well. I'm so glad I'm finally done with it !

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

    Daenery (05-08-2013)

  10. #7
    Daenery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Zoboo Land (ง˙▿˙)ง
    Posts
    618
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 543 Times in 407 Posts


    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Time Online
    18 d 16 h 52 m
    Avg. Time Online
    15 m
    Rep Power
    6
    I'm happy you did well! Must be a huge relief to have finally gotten it over with.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Daenery For This Useful Post:

    Cath (05-08-2013)

  12. #8
    Andrew


    I_royalty_I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Location
    Behind you.
    Age
    98
    Posts
    5,988
    Thanks
    5,141
    Thanked 7,778 Times in 2,992 Posts


    Downloads
    29
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1781 Post(s)
    Time Online
    338 d 2 h 1 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 h 18 m
    Rep Power
    15
    UGH, I hate presentations SO much.
    I've gotten better with them, but I used to be that monotone person back in HS cuz I would always just try to wing it and it turned out horrible.
    I like to do what mod suggested, get em laughing.
    If you get them laughing off the bat, it sets a good tone throughout the rest.
    I usually try to overprepare, because there is always something I forget to say, so if I'm overprepared, when I present I will have just enough stuff!

  13. #9



    Cath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Location
    Temple of Time
    Posts
    2,431
    Thanks
    3,348
    Thanked 2,538 Times in 1,388 Posts


    Downloads
    25
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1159 Post(s)
    Time Online
    156 d 15 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 9 m
    Rep Power
    13
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cathes Steam ID: 4thes
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    UGH, I hate presentations SO much.
    I've gotten better with them, but I used to be that monotone person back in HS cuz I would always just try to wing it and it turned out horrible.
    I like to do what mod suggested, get em laughing.
    If you get them laughing off the bat, it sets a good tone throughout the rest.
    I usually try to overprepare, because there is always something I forget to say, so if I'm overprepared, when I present I will have just enough stuff!
    I also hate doing presentations. D: It just stresses me too much and I end up not doing well because of that.
    However, I made them laugh a little at the beginning, so it went pretty well! I was pretty happy about it and I don't think it went that bad compared to the other ones.

    But I'm finally done with that class, so hurray!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •