Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with care.com?

  1. #1
    victoriamle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    ~
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts


    Downloads
    49
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 23 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    6

    Does anyone have any experience with care.com?

    I'm in need of some money and since I don't have anything to sell on neopets or craigslist I figured I'd try babysitting.

    So I was wondering if anyone has tried this site out and their experience from it?
    Or if anyone has an idea on how to make a quick buck?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Location
    (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))
    Posts
    215
    Thanks
    62
    Thanked 110 Times in 75 Posts


    Downloads
    1
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Time Online
    15 d 22 h 48 m
    Avg. Time Online
    12 m
    Rep Power
    0
    I haven't, but I'd also suggest looking through your local craigslist incase someone needs a baby or pet sitter

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spitfire For This Useful Post:

    victoriamle (04-28-2013)

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Location
    90 90
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks
    876
    Thanked 2,877 Times in 1,139 Posts


    Downloads
    44
    Uploads
    1
    Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Time Online
    118 d 6 h 45 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 30 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DarkByt3 PSN ID: raredaredevil
    No idea about baby sitting personally , but if you are into graphics try digitalpoint forums for freelance work .

  5. #4
    victoriamle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Location
    ~
    Posts
    458
    Thanks
    371
    Thanked 79 Times in 66 Posts


    Downloads
    49
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Time Online
    5 d 23 h 38 m
    Avg. Time Online
    4 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by raredaredevil View Post
    No idea about baby sitting personally , but if you are into graphics try digitalpoint forums for freelance work .
    I wish I was good with that stuff haha
    Thanks though ^_^

  6. #5



    Cupcake.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 866 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Time Online
    45 d 22 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    9
    I used care.com when I moved here. Got a few babysitting gigs. The only thing I hate about it isn't really the sites fault. The parents only want to pay $5 per hour per child, however they demand you be CPR certified, first aid classes, and cook/clean. But the kicker, if their kid were choking, they'd have zero fucking clue what to do and their baby would die. I figure if they want someone with all that crap, they're paying me the $15 per hour my talents demand. Child care isn't cheap but parents are. The website is good. The assholes on it are not. Maybe you'll have a different experience, I hated it.

  7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cupcake. For This Useful Post:

    John (04-28-2013),oventoast (04-28-2013),Toasted (04-28-2013),victoriamle (04-28-2013)

  8. #6
    Meagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Age
    29
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 111 Times in 70 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 23 h 14 m
    Avg. Time Online
    3 m
    Rep Power
    6
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Aliyaz
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    I used care.com when I moved here. Got a few babysitting gigs. The only thing I hate about it isn't really the sites fault. The parents only want to pay $5 per hour per child, however they demand you be CPR certified, first aid classes, and cook/clean. But the kicker, if their kid were choking, they'd have zero fucking clue what to do and their baby would die. I figure if they want someone with all that crap, they're paying me the $15 per hour my talents demand. Child care isn't cheap but parents are. The website is good. The assholes on it are not. Maybe you'll have a different experience, I hated it.
    Exactly what she said.

    When my daughter was a few months old I checked it out, I wanted sit for another baby near her age but the expectations were a little much. You've got the moms that want you to clean, feed them, take them to swimming, teach them on a age appropriate curriculum, etc. All for a measly pay. Yea.. 40-50 hours a week for $2 an hour plus doing a ton of shit. It's hard to find a good gig on there. To me it's only worth it if you have children and need petty cash to stay with your kids also.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meagan For This Useful Post:

    Cupcake. (04-28-2013),oventoast (04-28-2013),victoriamle (04-28-2013)

  10. #7

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    I used to care.com when I moved here.
    Fixed.

    ---

    cupcakeninja,
    @Meagan,

    Damnit, it's not about the money, it's about CARING,
    and loving kids! (no pedo)

    You don't need earthly money corrupting your lives,
    you just need love to survive. LOVE.

    LOVE will pay the bills, LOVE puts food on the table, LOVE makes cancer go away.

    Never forget:

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

    Meagan (04-28-2013),Toasted (04-28-2013)

  12. #8



    Cupcake.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 866 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Time Online
    45 d 22 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Fixed.

    ---

    cupcakeninja,
    @Meagan,

    Damnit, it's not about the money, it's about CARING,
    and loving kids! (no pedo)

    You don't need earthly money corrupting your lives,
    you just need love to survive. LOVE.

    LOVE will pay the bills, LOVE puts food on the table, LOVE makes cancer go away.

    Never forget:

    Unfortunately love doesn't pay the insurance on my jaguar.

  13. #9

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcakeninja View Post
    Unfortunately love doesn't pay the insurance on my jaguar.
    You don't need a Jag; it's just another corruption brought on by society and money.

    You just need a wheelbarrow, replacing the 2 legs with 2 wheels. It's how people got around back in the day.
    No insurance, no fuss.

    -And if you need to maintain speed on the freeway, hook up a couple turbos in sequential setup to a V12 engine on your wheelbarrow.
    -'course you'll want control, so you don't get into another unfortunate accident. Probably should clamp some Brembo brake pads onto your 3 wheels for maximum stoppage at 200 mph.
    -Hell, might as well put in a 5 inch exhaust to increase power output and install an ECU with proper tuning calibration to maximize wheelbarrow performance.
    -Maybe put in a swing axel on your front wheel for turning capability, attached to a Momo steering wheel.
    -Since you're pushing out some serious pony on your wheelbarrow, it'd only make sense to put in a dual-clutch transmission, possibly a 7 speed Getrag.

    Jaguar, lol.
    All you need is a wheelbarrow.

  14. #10



    Cupcake.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,387
    Thanks
    574
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 866 Posts


    Downloads
    10
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Time Online
    45 d 22 h 36 m
    Avg. Time Online
    35 m
    Rep Power
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    You don't need a Jag; it's just another corruption brought on by society and money.

    You just need a wheelbarrow, replacing the 2 legs with 2 wheels. It's how people got around back in the day.
    No insurance, no fuss.

    -And if you need to maintain speed on the freeway, hook up a couple turbos in sequential setup to a V12 engine on your wheelbarrow.
    -'course you'll want control, so you don't get into another unfortunate accident. Probably should clamp some Brembo brake pads onto your 3 wheels for maximum stoppage at 200 mph.
    -Hell, might as well put in a 5 inch exhaust to increase power output and install an ECU with proper tuning calibration to maximize wheelbarrow performance.
    -Maybe put in a swing axel on your front wheel for turning capability, attached to a Momo steering wheel.
    -Since you're pushing out some serious pony on your wheelbarrow, it'd only make sense to put in a dual-clutch transmission, possibly a 7 speed Getrag.

    Jaguar, lol.
    All you need is a wheelbarrow.
    I'll stick with my Jag. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •