Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: How long do you reckon...

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts


    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 5 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Rep Power
    5

    How long do you reckon...

    until TNT starts screwing with UC prices?

    I know they've said a million times that they won't be touching the values of UCs, but they've deflated practically everything of value having to do with pets in the past few years.

    Draiks (Forgotten Shores + AAA)
    Krawks (Forgotten Shores + AAA)
    RW/RNs (Purge, okay they do that every couple years but still)
    FFQs (Fortune Cookies)
    Paintbrushes (new BD, KQ, FFQs)

    And now they've gone and revamped Battledome and added fifth pets for Premium?

    Honestly, I feel like the dawn of users being allowed to unconvert pets is coming, guys :| 2013 might be the 2nd Neopocalypse.

    Anyhow, do you think TNT would ever actually do it? How do you think it'd affect clraik and all other sites like it?

    I am interested in your answers!

  2. #2

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    I don't think TNT will touch UCs, they're a ghost of the past; there is no reason for them to. They only grandfathered some pets into UCs because they saw there was a lot of talent in those old designs compared to the rest. If they really cared about UCs, they'd UC every design pre-2007. I would love a UC Blue Kacheek, unfortunately...

    Besides, there is more money to be made with customs now, errbody frowin' der coin fo dat lil wig er umbrella n goin', "oh shits, so cuuddie!".

    The deflation of everything else was inevitable and just. Krawks and Draiks were originally meant to be LE, but within reach of the average user with a little work. Not a status symbol of the elite, coming close to 20m each in their prime. Same with PBs, the plan was for the average user to have fun, get the PB they wanted, and paint their pet to their whim. 12m for a Plushie PB at its peak? More expensive than an Anagram, not as intended.

    I'll admit the FFQ Cookies are pretty messed though. They vowed that NC would never impact or allow paying players an advantage over non at NC's inception. Well here they are, hypocrites to the brim. The training cookies don't help either. But industry is just that, sometimes you need to throw away ideals for big $$$.

    But to answer your last Q, if they allowed UCs back, it would crush cK and other sites' market by 50%. Like Black Tuesday for Neo. Everyone would scramble to sell their UCs for a quick buck, and many people would be in PayPal debt.

  3. #3


    Mint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    [23/07/2014 10:57:41 AM] Ryan: i just want drake to get married
    Posts
    2,651
    Thanks
    4,135
    Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,235 Posts


    Downloads
    30
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1134 Post(s)
    Time Online
    194 d 21 h 53 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 h 35 m
    Rep Power
    10
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Z-E-P-H-Y-R-__
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    I don't think TNT will touch UCs, they're a ghost of the past; there is no reason for them to. They only grandfathered some pets into UCs because they saw there was a lot of talent in those old designs compared to the rest. If they really cared about UCs, they'd UC every design pre-2007. I would love a UC Blue Kacheek, unfortunately...

    Besides, there is more money to be made with customs now, errbody frowin' der coin fo dat lil wig er umbrella n goin', "oh shits, so cuuddie!".

    The deflation of everything else was inevitable and just. Krawks and Draiks were originally meant to be LE, but within reach of the average user with a little work. Not a status symbol of the elite, coming close to 20m each in their prime. Same with PBs, the plan was for the average user to have fun, get the PB they wanted, and paint their pet to their whim. 12m for a Plushie PB at its peak? More expensive than an Anagram, not as intended.

    I'll admit the FFQ Cookies are pretty messed though. They vowed that NC would never impact or allow paying players an advantage over non at NC's inception. Well here they are, hypocrites to the brim. The training cookies don't help either. But industry is just that, sometimes you need to throw away ideals for big $$$.

    But to answer your last Q, if they allowed UCs back, it would crush cK and other sites' market by 50%. Like Black Tuesday for Neo. Everyone would scramble to sell their UCs for a quick buck, and many people would be in PayPal debt.
    what's black Tuesday?

  4. #4
    Toasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    --
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 780 Times in 516 Posts


    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Time Online
    29 d 9 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    23 m
    Rep Power
    0
    I've heard people on the PC saying they'd pay upwards on hundreds of dollars for an item in the NC Mall that unconverts your pet. -_-

    I vote a big HELL NO to that, myself. o.o

  5. #5

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mint View Post
    what's black Tuesday?
    A day in the late 20s when the US stock market crashed, leading to overwhelming debt among nearly all who played the stock game and bankrupt businesses.
    People went apeshit and there were a lot of suicides from peeps who knew they could never clear their debt.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

    Mint (02-24-2013),Toasted (02-24-2013)

  7. #6

    oventoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Posts
    652
    Thanks
    959
    Thanked 474 Times in 216 Posts


    Downloads
    24
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Time Online
    21 d 2 h 20 m
    Avg. Time Online
    16 m
    Rep Power
    6
    I don't think they assign any real value to UCs, so I don't think that's how they would deal with them. My guess is that they'll just keep trying to freeze to illegit ones until they all wither away.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts


    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 5 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
    I've heard people on the PC saying they'd pay upwards on hundreds of dollars for an item in the NC Mall that unconverts your pet. -_-

    I vote a big HELL NO to that, myself. o.o
    Honestly, I wouldn't put it past TNT to pull some sort of Neocash stint on UCs though. Considering how willing people are to drop bucks on the old art (albeit most of the people are doing it because UCs are rare) TNT really could cash in big with a UC-zappermajig.

    I'm honestly all for retaining UC value; however, without illegit means, pretty much the only way to get a UC now is through training up a BD pet for countless years.


    Also lolol too bad those silly PC'ers haven't delved into the underworld xD

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Desu For This Useful Post:

    Toasted (02-24-2013)

  10. #8

    Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,821
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked 4,711 Times in 2,504 Posts


    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Time Online
    131 d 12 h 4 m
    Avg. Time Online
    1 h 42 m
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Desu View Post
    Also lolol too bad those silly PC'ers haven't delved into the underworld xD
    Word. They're the dumbest clique on Neo. Dumber than ACers, which means something.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

    Toasted (02-24-2013)

  12. #9
    Toasted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Location
    --
    Posts
    1,210
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 780 Times in 516 Posts


    Downloads
    16
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    467 Post(s)
    Time Online
    29 d 9 h 6 m
    Avg. Time Online
    23 m
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Word. They're the dumbest clique on Neo. Dumber than ACers, which means something.
    LOL MOD. I used to be an AC'er, until I came back from a 3-year hiatus and realized, wow, really? XD

  13. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts


    Downloads
    2
    Uploads
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Time Online
    3 d 5 h 55 m
    Avg. Time Online
    2 m
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    Word. They're the dumbest clique on Neo. Dumber than ACers, which means something.
    There are better ways of getting pets than sitting and bumping a thread 12 hours a day and idly moaning about why nobody won't love their RN "Emmylyie" and how unfair the world is.

    I was actively on the PC sucking up to people with UCs until I turned 11. And then I realized how ridic it was xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •