For those of you who have pm'd me with this issue or those who have not pm'd but still get the error.
If you try to run a program and get a non descriptive Visual Basic error, try these steps.
"Failed to load ctlRipperWrapper...blab bla bla..."
On your computer, download and run this:
The files you need:
For trainers only (if not already installed)
Instruction After Downloading the .ZIP File:
Open the .ZIP file, then open the folder and move all of the files into your system32 folder (C:\Windows\System32)
IF YOU ARE RUNNING A 64-BIT COMPUTER (Check this by right clicking "My Computer" -> Select Properties and then a window will pop-up, it will tell you under "System type" near the middle) THEN YOU NEED TO DO THIS IN THE C:\Windows\SysWOW64 FOLDER!
2) Next up, go to Start, type "cmd" (Windows 8+, do this in the search), right click the icon and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. A black console window should come up.
...and type regsvr32 "%systemroot%\System32\msinet.ocx" in the box OR change to SysWOW64 if you put the files there, for all
DO THIS FOR THESE ONES TOO:
Note: If you are not getting a successful register, chances are you have to right click the "Run" program and run as admin.
If you are still having the same issues try finding the missing ocx here or dll here
Last edited by Infamous Joe; 07-03-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Well, I've ran into some problems helping others and of course on my own computer after a fresh install of Windows. So I thought I'd post a little bit more help in case anyone else has these issues. Particularly this post will cover the manual files section. I've put together the collection of OCX files so you don't have to manually download each one, and also written a batch file that should take care of the registering for you.
VB Files for 32-bit Machines
VB Files for 64-bit Machines
All you have to do is:
1. Download the link based on if you're a 32-bit or 64-bit user. (If you don't know, go to My Computer and then check your C: drive. If you see both Program Files and Program Files(x86) then you're 64-bit. If you just have Program Files, then you're probably 32-bit.)
2. Extract the files through Winrar or Winzip.
3. If you're 32-bit, you need to move all of the files that end in .OCX to C:\Windows\System32
If you're 64-bit, you need to move all of the files that end in .OCX to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
4. Double-click the file that ends in .bat (OCX32.bat or OCX64.bat depending on which you downloaded) and follow through the prompts.
When you're done, if the program still does not work, you may need to restart your computer, but otherwise you should be good to go at that point.
Last edited by wrath; 02-11-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Any chance you still have those batch files? Because the download links are broken and I'm having trouble registering MSINET.ocx for whatever reason.
I've used Soredavide's proxy tester within the last few days, today I try to run it and it says it's missing that file...
I've tried everything in the post and nothing seems to work...
When I ran %systemroot%\System32\msinet.ocx and it just outputs 'This system cannot execute the specified program."
Last edited by drd; 07-14-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Hope this helps
Can someone use team viewer to help me.....? = =
I put it in the system32 but I cannot install
For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term."
I looked up the error code and ended up registering them manually.
I keep having the same error aswell.. is this windows 8 compatible?