119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

I need some help...

I was playing Neopets the other day and it prompted me to log out and change my password... my issue is I can't for the life of me remember what email address I used for my main account.

Does anyone know if this is something Neopets will actually help me with? I did submit a ticket on Thursday. I'm so annoyed with myself

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    10d 3h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    No way they will give you your email address for the account. Do you know the email the account was used to create the account?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    8d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    This is very annoying! What a shame you had to go through that.

This is a security measure that the site has implemented, I can't say since when, but there is a period when after logging into your account (a few minutes), you are automatically logged out and the password is changed automatically by the site itself. This is a way for them to try to prevent scammers from entering other accounts without having the email that is registered in the account.

If you have account information, such as your neocash and premium purchases after 2020 (purchases made by paypal, nc cards or credit card) they can return the account to you. But if you don't have any of this information, you don't even know the original email, it may be more difficult to recover. But try to pass on more information that you can that can prove that you own the account.
    Post the ticket number on their social networks (twitter, facebook, instagram), if you create a ticket and wait for the answer, they will never answer, but when you send the number to them through social networks, they usually respond very quickly.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
    No way they will give you your email address for the account. Do you know the email the account was used to create the account?
    Damn!

I don't remember. The account is 14 years old. I'm super annoyed with myself that I didn't use my main email address. Past me makes zero sense! I do have active Premium with Neopets so I was hoping they'd be kind and take that into consideration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gena View Post
    This is very annoying! What a shame you had to go through that.

This is a security measure that the site has implemented, I can't say since when, but there is a period when after logging into your account (a few minutes), you are automatically logged out and the password is changed automatically by the site itself. This is a way for them to try to prevent scammers from entering other accounts without having the email that is registered in the account.

If you have account information, such as your neocash and premium purchases after 2020 (purchases made by paypal, nc cards or credit card) they can return the account to you. But if you don't have any of this information, you don't even know the original email, it may be more difficult to recover. But try to pass on more information that you can that can prove that you own the account.
    Post the ticket number on their social networks (twitter, facebook, instagram), if you create a ticket and wait for the answer, they will never answer, but when you send the number to them through social networks, they usually respond very quickly.
    Thank you!! I thankfully do have active premium membership. I know how many items were in my shop, SDB, and how many neopoints I have, and roughly the amount of neocash.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Oof, yeah, the sudden password boot has gotten many people locked out of their accounts.
    I think you have a pretty good chance proving it's you if you can pull up the statements of your premium membership from your credit card/bank.
    Good luck!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    That's annoying, sorry you're having to go through that! I think your receipts could very well prove it's your account, but like another user mentioned be sure to tag them on socials or send it through that way to ensure they atleast respond to you quicker.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    That's annoying, sorry you're having to go through that! I think your receipts could very well prove it's your account, but like another user mentioned be sure to tag them on socials or send it through that way to ensure they atleast respond to you quicker.
    I'm so annoyed with myself and Neopets hahaha! Fingers crossed they let me back it. I'm super attached to my pets.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Alright, this conversation has run its course and devolved into rule breaking. Do not privately or publicly request or offer e-mail addresses under any circumstances. This is explicitly against the rules of our community.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Zenitsu (07-30-2023)