Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Freezings and Witch Hunts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

Recent Freezings and Witch Hunts?

Has anyone noticed an increase in higher bdc user freezings? We all know that tnt has been pretty nonexistent in terms of freezing abs and such, but what are you thoughts? Have you noticed it being more about UC pets than cheating programs/hacking? Does anyone have info on tnts current status in terms of manpower and allocation?

For the second topic - what is with the boards trying to call players out? I feel like this game has become very vigilante based - and I kinda get some of the fears of buying illegit items, and there are A LOT of terrible cheaters who use blatant shells to sell r99 stamps and shit, but at the same time I feel like you always have to watch your back now. Emmajay or whatever was called out on bdc for a deal with _mariokart_ and someone was posting about knowing their first transaction? How could they know this? Tsuris_ actually gave a date (board was deleted) for emma's first trade...is there another tumblr like the pc one or what? I find it interesting that the people calling out "cheaters," both PC people and TC/BDC, tend to know a hell of a lot about cheating and ways to investigate it - do we have snitches among us?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I've noticed an Increase of UCs being frozen. Mostly due to the dumbies going onto the PC with out a cache or knowledge of the PC and PCOL. If you wannaa trade a illegit pet on the PC, you need: Legit looking account and caches ~ The basics really

PCOL is back but not as active as they used to be due to the lack of players xD I rarely go onto the PC anymore, buying NC here and now seems to keep TNT happy.

The help board has been calling people out recently for having shops on sides ect

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    18d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Noticed -username removed- saying that earlier, also something about going from 50 stamps to 650 in a month or something, I did check out the stamp album when he said that and it did seem strange (if true) such a leap in stamps..especially r99 ones. Until I looked in that emmas gallery and discovered shes seriously rich. I guess it would be easy to do then
    Last edited by vj87; 04-25-2015 at 05:24 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    7d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Probably.

I feel like the social justice neopian warriors are cheaters to the core, and they just want to come across as cheat-hating-bastards to prove to the "masses" that they are better than that. Outing cheaters on a site like neopets gets you SOOOo much recognition it's retarded. People let their epeens fly 24/7.

Regarding (removed username) the user that was calling people out, I had never seen him around before. Then he just showed up posting with snowy valley & faerieland collector avatars. Pretty peculiar if you ask me (although I could just be blind).

But, I don't give a fuck.

edit: I agree with @(you need an account to see links), we should probably exclude usernames from posts....we don't want to turn into PCOL :/
    Last edited by Virus; 04-25-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    >

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Virus For This Useful Post:

♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-25-2015),learningtoneopet1 (04-25-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    104d 6h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Can we take out the name of the user in question @(you need an account to see links)? It's not me or anyone I know, but I don't want to see that account go down

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to learningtoneopet1 For This Useful Post:

♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-25-2015),Virus (04-25-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    208 times
    Time Online
    98d 13h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    tumblr callout culture has reached critical mass and is now spilling out into neopets lmfao

i havent seen any callouts there in action but i figure theyre all for mundane reasons like tumblrs callout culture encourages.

"this person called me a noob on the boards and has a pic of drake on her lookup despite his recent crimes against women, drag her hc!!!!"

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mindfang For This Useful Post:

Bani (04-27-2015),Sakuras (04-26-2015),Virus (04-25-2015),Winona (04-25-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    7d 21h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Witch hunting needs to be a silence/suspend-able offense. I mean, it doesn't warrant any sort of good conversation, and it just pits users against each other.
    >

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Virus For This Useful Post:

Bani (04-27-2015),♥ Crowley ♥ (04-25-2015),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-25-2015),Q*bert (04-26-2015),Sakuras (04-26-2015),Winona (04-25-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtoneopet1 View Post
    Can we take out the name of the user in question @(you need an account to see links)? It's not me or anyone I know, but I don't want to see that account go down
    I see no reason to take the username out - we talk about mariokart for example on the boards. This person potentially attacked one of us, or is a snitch at the least, and they deserve the attention. For us as a community to not take a stand against someone like this lets them win. We should be having each others backs, and this is NOT the type of person we need around... and to allay any accusations, this is not hypocrisy because they are the one who made a BOARD trying to call this person out and elicit mass reporting. If they lose their account, they deserve it and earned it by trying to create ripples. The game playerbase is super fragile as it is and if we are to keep making money off of it, let alone enjoy it, these people need to be put in their place and see the consequences of their actions
    @(you need an account to see links) There is a SHARP contrast to this and PCOL...this is someone who attempted to start shit. My posting this is a reaction to someone causing trouble, not a "spur of the moment lets try to out a cheater without evidence"...what is being called into question are there actions - actions that were made public the moment that they posted that board in an attempt to get someone reported and or frozen. We should not and cannot tolerate that.
    Last edited by haiqtpi; 04-25-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by haiqtpi View Post
    I see no reason to take the username out - we talk about mariokart for example on the boards. This person potentially attacked one of us, or is a snitch at the least, and they deserve the attention. For us as a community to not take a stand against someone like this lets them win. We should be having each others backs, and this is NOT the type of person we need around... and to allay any accusations, this is not hypocrisy because they are the one who made a BOARD trying to call this person out and elicit mass reporting. If they lose their account, they deserve it and earned it by trying to create ripples. The game playerbase is super fragile as it is and if we are to keep making money off of it, let alone enjoy it, these people need to be put in their place and see the consequences of their actions
    @(you need an account to see links) There is a SHARP contrast to this and PCOL...this is someone who attempted to start shit. My posting this is a reaction to someone causing trouble, not a "spur of the moment lets try to out a cheater without evidence"...what is being called into question are there actions - actions that were made public the moment that they posted that board in an attempt to get someone reported and or frozen. We should not and cannot tolerate that.
    I dont get it,
    why are you accussing emmajay as a snitch? Sounds like its more personal than anything, from what i've observed they are just playing the game.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    21d 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    I dont get it,
    why are you accussing emmajay as a snitch? Sounds like its more personal than anything, from what i've observed they are just playing the game.
    O_O I suggest that you re-read the post... nothing bad was said about emma at all (i do not even know the person) - this is about the witch hunt started by tsuris_ who accused her of shadyness and elicited mass reporting on a board. As a matter of fact, no accusation was made by me whatsoever..I simply think that the PUBLIC actions of someone like tsuris_ are dangerous and should not be tolerated. People like this make not only what we do difficult, but makes being an active player full of paranoia as well.