Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what about [VIDEO GAME TITLE] gets under your skin? (spoiler-free)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    161 times
    Time Online
    36d 2h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m

what about [VIDEO GAME TITLE] gets under your skin? (spoiler-free)

post spoiler-free pet peeves you have about certain games or games in general!

[persona 3/reload] i think that whenever kenji ditches me on our social link hangouts i should get another chance to hang out with someone else >:/

blessed by @Clefairy for a prosperous and eggy 2022
    and blessed by @honeycomb with snek on a string crowley ily

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crowley For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-23-2024),caviar (02-23-2024),♥ Rattata ♥ (02-23-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I really dislike timed games. I want to explore too much and deviate from the main quests, but you have to play straight to the point with the game series Atelier (Rorona, Totori, ect.). Granted, this isn't a problem with the newer games, Ryza, but I could only get through Rorona because the pressure was too much.

Basically, you're an alchemist in a town and you'll get important requests for a potion or something from the king, and you have XX amount of days to make it. Except, the game means literal (in game) days and tracks you by the hours down to 0. Even traveling outside the town to gather ingredients cost hours/days depending on how long you're out, so you only can focus on getting what you need over actually exploring the game.

The kicker is if you run out of days and don't do the quest, the game will take you ALLLLLLLLL the way back to the start of the chapter/day 1 again of when you got the request. So you just lost all the progress, materials, YOUR FUCKING TIME that you spent with the first try. I eventually beat Rorona, but I won't even touch the other two in the series since they have this same mechanic too, and I absolutely hate it. ;c

But again, the developers removed this feature in the Ryza series, so I can actually enjoy that game at least haha. ;_;

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    anything/goes
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    2d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    The thing that gets me is over the top backtracking :v for example, DK64 - the mod that allows for switching kongs on the fly makes it WAY better.

I don't mind a little for added lore/surprise unlockables/etc because it can be nice to revisit certain areas, but holy cannoli obvious padding drives me nuts!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiquitabanane For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-23-2024),♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Any game that has you following someone at a certain distance without being seen. I absolutely hate those kind of missions

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

Alister (02-23-2024),♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    18d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    I really dislike timed games. I want to explore too much and deviate from the main quests, but you have to play straight to the point with the game series Atelier (Rorona, Totori, ect.). Granted, this isn't a problem with the newer games, Ryza, but I could only get through Rorona because the pressure was too much.

Basically, you're an alchemist in a town and you'll get important requests for a potion or something from the king, and you have XX amount of days to make it. Except, the game means literal (in game) days and tracks you by the hours down to 0. Even traveling outside the town to gather ingredients cost hours/days depending on how long you're out, so you only can focus on getting what you need over actually exploring the game.

The kicker is if you run out of days and don't do the quest, the game will take you ALLLLLLLLL the way back to the start of the chapter/day 1 again of when you got the request. So you just lost all the progress, materials, YOUR FUCKING TIME that you spent with the first try. I eventually beat Rorona, but I won't even touch the other two in the series since they have this same mechanic too, and I absolutely hate it. ;c

But again, the developers removed this feature in the Ryza series, so I can actually enjoy that game at least haha. ;_;
    I can't agree more with the timing frustrations, games like Pikmin 1 are wayyyy more stressful than they need to be - like your game series it's been removed in Pikmin 4, which makes it a lot more enjoyable.

One that has just come up for me is that I like when games have different possibilities for multiplayer in storylines. I think that most games could use a "little buddy" mode so you can have younger gamers play along and get drawn into the game, without it being a massive source of frustration.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billytiddles For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-23-2024),♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    Any game that has you following someone at a certain distance without being seen. I absolutely hate those kind of missions
    Has to be this, especially in Assasin's Creed when they do it so often, AND walk so slow, AND for as long as they do. Even the Abstergo office parts in Assasin's, and you can't even 'run' as that character.

Even the new Spiderman has so many slow walking story missions with no action and just talking I stopped playing the game.

And too much talking in games like Pokemon, especially the SV DLCs. It gets so boring and lame.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Has to be this, especially in Assasin's Creed when they do it so often, AND walk so slow, AND for as long as they do. Even the Abstergo office parts in Assasin's, and you can't even 'run' as that character.

Even the new Spiderman has so many slow walking story missions with no action and just talking I stopped playing the game.

And too much talking in games like Pokemon, especially the SV DLCs. It gets so boring and lame.
    Yeah, AC was the main game I was thinking of lol

Also I do agree with too much talking as well. Some games have way to much conversation

thank you Hollow for the amazing Gengar art piece

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hellraid For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Tekken 8 - there seems to be a massive issue with people plugging half way through online ranked battles when the opponent is on the losing end. Namco have yet to do anything about it, it's been happening for a very long time though, probably since Tekken 6 which was all the way back in 2009!

*that's rough buddy*

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Palworld and the way you have to throw pals to assign them instead of a menu

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-25-2024),♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    When The Sims 4 doesn't load fast enough - I don't care that I have a metric fuckton of custom content, load faster. Skill issue. /hj

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (02-24-2024),♥ Crowley ♥ (02-23-2024)