Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading post haggling suggestions?

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    I dislike nms that write "what is the lowest you'll go" because I get mailed a lot by resellers when I list items (sometimes items that don't have a lot of listings on TP, so I don't want to sell to hoarders/inflators by mistake). I even got multiple mails from some TCer guild that it's known for mailing you till you sell the item to them once? As praise_the_sun says sometimes negative experiences shape a lot how you perceive things!

But I already list my stuff lower than TP price so I'm just hoping for a mail that wants to buy the item as it is.

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I have found apon returning to Neopia there is constant undercutting I know there is drastic inflation but I find using Neopets discord is better for trading

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clefairy View Post
    I dislike nms that write "what is the lowest you'll go" because I get mailed a lot by resellers when I list items (sometimes items that don't have a lot of listings on TP, so I don't want to sell to hoarders/inflators by mistake). I even got multiple mails from some TCer guild that it's known for mailing you till you sell the item to them once? As praise_the_sun says sometimes negative experiences shape a lot how you perceive things!

But I already list my stuff lower than TP price so I'm just hoping for a mail that wants to buy the item as it is.
    That's messed up. I get that negativity and viewpoint. So it sounds like you prefer not to haggle because your list is already good. makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkec View Post
    I have found apon returning to Neopia there is constant undercutting I know there is drastic inflation but I find using Neopets discord is better for trading
    That's interesting. Do you like both selling and buying on the discord or just one?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Onetwo For This Useful Post:

Clefairy (03-02-2024)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    247d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Quote Originally Posted by Onetwo View Post
    That's messed up. I get that negativity and viewpoint. So it sounds like you prefer not to haggle because your list is already good. makes sense

- - - Updated - - -

That's interesting. Do you like both selling and buying on the discord or just one?
    I sounded super negative on my first post but if the account is normal looking I'll always make the price even lower, some users are just searching for that gorgeous paint/petpet combo and I love it!

Userbar by ♥ Infected ♥ - Watercolor clefairy by ♥ Wooloo ♥ - Wink cle/avatar art by ♥ DankRUSE ♥ - Pumpkin cle by ♥ hearts ♥

Icon by ♥ mothman ♥ / ♥ sugarbee (heart cle) ♥

Zenitsu has best cookiez

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Clefairy For This Useful Post:

Onetwo (03-03-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clefairy View Post
    I sounded super negative on my first post but if the account is normal looking I'll always make the price even lower, some users are just searching for that gorgeous paint/petpet combo and I love it!
    Yeah, I try to keep things fair with my offers. I don't like making resellers offers on things. I'm mostly shopping for stamps that I'll put in my album. I'm thinking that I should start mentioning that in my offers but it feels... slightly like begging? I'm not sure