DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    'Styling studio' though, really? This doesn't sound like NCUCs, it sounds like a barbie toy from the 90s.

I kind of wonder if this will be a feature to go alongside NCUCs rather than the UCifier itself, just because the name feels more like a way to put makeup on my pet and braid its hair, but I'm probably wrong. Interesting to see how its actually used.

Also cannot understand the drama on the boards for people that didn't get the item, as if it won't be released for everyone before the studio actually opens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tulpa19 View Post
    Tbh does anyone else hope that converted pets with this equipped will be outwardly impossible to distinguish from regular UCs? Not for the purpose of tricking/scamming people, obv, but the idea of the UC section of the pound chat evaporating overnight kiiiiiiind of fills me with petty glee. I feel like they got treated as such a status symbol on the PC it really scared me off trying to be on there at all.

Obv it would probably deflate the black market price some as well, but I love pet economy chaos/drama lmao :x
    Ehhh I don't really get the hate / glee I'm seeing some people express on the PC toward UC owners. It's not like they're responsible for falsely inflating or wrecking the economy, there just genuinely is a limited supply and that's on TNT. Yes, some people could be dicks about it, but some people could be dicks about everything. My own feeling is they should just have allowed everyone to switch between converted and unconverted years ago and solved this issue.

Plus pretty much all the players who used to use their UCs as a status symbol have been trading them for RWs for ages. If they make pets renamable then Y1s etc will take over. And that's if NC UCs don't have something glaring on lookup that would still leave 'OG UCs' more desirable.

For my part I do want to get some of the old 'lost' UCs back, but I'm just not sure I'll feel the same way about a skin as I do about my real pets.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Ice (01-01-2024),kittyray (01-01-2024),Parrot (01-01-2024),Styx (01-01-2024),Vis (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I agree with birdie - I feel way more animosity to the people wrecking the economy e.g. fcbotter (who do actual harm to the game...) than I do people who just want pets with cute old style art. I think the hate is misdirected. Sure I don't like the UC tier system and NTY GLT snobbery but again, that's on TNT for creating the issue and waiting until year 25 to resolve it lol. I personally hope NC UCs will be no-trade skin/distinguishable and I'm sure they will have focus grouped the shit out of it and realised that not doing so would alienate a large tranche of money-spending plalyers. But I'm sure I just think that as I have UCs of my own.
    Last edited by Parrot; 01-01-2024 at 12:12 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Rehashing a point I made in the Under Your Skin thread: TNT shouldn't have made the conversion an either-or, uni-directional thing. Just as there will always be people who prefer the old art, there will always be people into customising their pets, too. The option to let players toggle between UCs and converted pets should've been available from the very beginning, be it for free or at a (reasonable) cost. It would've solved the various issues surrounding UCs.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-01-2024),DarkSkies (01-01-2024),Pringle (01-01-2024),♥ Sneasel ♥ (01-01-2024),Vis (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
    I agree with birdie - I feel way more animosity to the people wrecking the economy e.g. fcbotter (who do actual harm to the game...) than I do people who just want pets with cute old style art. I think the hate is misdirected. Sure I don't like the UC tier system and NTY GLT snobbery but again, that's on TNT for creating the issue and waiting until year 25 to resolve it lol. I personally hope NC UCs will be no-trade skin/distinguishable and I'm sure they will have focus grouped the shit out of it and realised that not doing so would alienate a large tranche of money-spending plalyers. But I'm sure I just think that as I have UCs of my own.
    Faiiiiirly sure monthly chats with the 'ambassadors' have been as far as their focus groups go, and I've seen pancake princess on the PC precisely once since she became an ambassador. They have their surveys though, which SHOULD give them an idea, but just talking to the ambassadors feels too narrow, and surveys anyone can take no matter their level of involvement with the site feels too broad.

If they'd set up focus groups with regular board users / NC buyers etc though I'm sure we'd have heard.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-01-2024),Styx (01-01-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    Rehashing a point I made in the Under Your Skin thread: TNT shouldn't have made the conversion an either-or, uni-directional thing. Just as there will always be people who prefer the old art, there will always be people into customising their pets, too. The option to let players toggle between UCs and converted pets should've been available from the very beginning, be it for free or at a (reasonable) cost. It would've solved the various issues surrounding UCs.
    while I agree we should have had the option, yes, I think back at the time when snarkie had to make the decision she did I can't imagine the site's resources and infrastructure didn't play a factor in the decision; they already did such a heavy lift to get customization off the ground (not to mention all the wearables that needed to be drawn for like 40+ species) they probably didn't have the bandwidth or means for a switchable system... but god what a Neopets we would be living today if they had 😥

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-01-2024),DarkSkies (01-01-2024),Pringle (01-01-2024),Styx (01-01-2024),tulpa19 (01-01-2024),Vis (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    Faiiiiirly sure monthly chats with the 'ambassadors' have been as far as their focus groups go, and I've seen pancake princess on the PC precisely once since she became an ambassador. They have their surveys though, which SHOULD give them an idea, but just talking to the ambassadors feels too narrow, and surveys anyone can take no matter their level of involvement with the site feels too broad.

If they'd set up focus groups with regular board users / NC buyers etc though I'm sure we'd have heard.
    Ugh well that's on them then haha. Why do I feel like we could run this company more efficiently lmaooo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Parrot For This Useful Post:

Styx (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    130 times
    Time Online
    138d 5h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    while I agree we should have had the option, yes, I think back at the time when snarkie had to make the decision she did I can't imagine the site's resources and infrastructure didn't play a factor in the decision; they already did such a heavy lift to get customization off the ground (not to mention all the wearables that needed to be drawn for like 40+ species) they probably didn't have the bandwidth or means for a switchable system... but god what a Neopets we would be living today if they had 😥
    Imagine a Neopets where we could toggle between UCs and converted pets, and change our pets' names...

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Styx For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-01-2024),Parrot (01-01-2024),Pringle (01-01-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post

I'm sorry I am forever biased about ambassadors thanks to Herdy. Hard to believe they will do something for others

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

birdies (01-01-2024),Kisses (01-11-2024),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (01-01-2024),rio (01-01-2024),♥ Sneasel ♥ (01-01-2024),Styx (01-01-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    50d 10h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Okay I am late to the party. Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies!?!?!

Haven't tried but I wonder if you can use the missed day tickets and still get the bonus? Wonder if that's even worth it if they will give us another chance to just buy the supplies outright in the mall?

What to do....

☆ avatar & sig art by DankRUSE ☆

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Okay I am late to the party. Deluxe Styling Studio Supplies!?!?!

Haven't tried but I wonder if you can use the missed day tickets and still get the bonus? Wonder if that's even worth it if they will give us another chance to just buy the supplies outright in the mall?

What to do....
    Look at it this way, if this is the item that creates UC pets, do you think TNT will issue it only to people who played stocking stufftacular OR do you think they'll put it in the mall and make as much money from it as possible?

I can't see any reason to think anything about this is any more SS exclusive than the dye pots and FQC that were also given out.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Ice (01-01-2024),Parrot (01-01-2024),Styx (01-01-2024)