2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 18h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by keknorris View Post
    If you haven't done so yet, please install a password manager like lastpass and get some serious randomness to your passwords.

You'll thank me once you start using it, it is so simple and it adds so much security. Remember to put 2fa on your lastpass login.
    honestly all the pc needs to do is change their password, the account with Steam on it I was in that account like 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I just left it alone because I don't fuck with actives

even with something like lastpass if someone really was dedicated to breaking into your neopets account they can, it would just be a little more difficult

as for the people hacked I guarantee they haven't changed their password in over 5 years

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    15d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Decode View Post
    honestly all the pc needs to do is change their password, the account with Steam on it I was in that account like 2 or 3 weeks ago, but I just left it alone because I don't fuck with actives

even with something like lastpass if someone really was dedicated to breaking into your neopets account they can, it would just be a little more difficult

as for the people hacked I guarantee they haven't changed their password in over 5 years
    I don't necessarily feel bad for these people, I'm just more sad about pretty pets being lost tbh.

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Like yeah I'm sure changing your password will make it more difficult, but if someone wants in.. They'll get in : /

(you need an account to see links)
    ・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Often imitated, never duplicated

Get yo shit together kids.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Binah (08-29-2016),Ms M. (08-29-2016),Raposa (08-29-2016)

Pronouns
    🍏
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    84 times
    Time Online
    28d 5h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Often imitated, never duplicated

Get yo shit together kids.
    Did someone fuck with the wrong people? xD

・・♡ custom nc/np outfits ☆・・

pfp/ryu/siggy bar by the amazing (you need an account to see links)
    avatar by the great (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Bruh. 219 pages of pure gold. Too bad I hadn't joined cK before.

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 AM ----------

For every newbie that signs up and makes it to clraik rank without spamming like a moron, I'll give you a baby pb ;D
    Is that still valid, Andrew? *glances at rank*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Decode View Post

I'm really interested to know how they plan to get in without that way without access to the email account (if it is even public..). A really random 20 char password would be uncrackable, especially if precautions are taken like stopping attempts after 5 failed logins, etc.

Ofcourse, you also need a similar strength password on your email to prevent that from being compromised and still losing the account.

Reusing passwords is the worst thing you can do, especially with the recent database leaks (email + weakly hashed passwords), any script kiddy can load a list like that and attempt logins on neopets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    Was just following a topic where Fun/Mark's owner claimed all their sides had been hacked just now too, but that got deleted. Wish TNT would spend their time on improving the security rather than on deleting topics that make people aware of what's going on.

Priorities, priorities.
    I followed that as well and the topic got deleted if that side she started the board was frozen.

Also people there said if you updated your email, it does not update (or takes a few days) has anyone tested?

*sigh* I honestly don't have anything worth stealing and my email is solid but I do start thinking to make new email for my bank and other stuff. I mean people don't get to bank thru my email but I've had just one address so maybe to make a new one.

I seriously believe something isn't adding up when people say "I've changed all my info, I've just changed my pw". Either they lie, use very simple pw or just keep reusing old ones. I mean look how much there is users who don't give a shit about hackings and it seems to be same people over and over again.

When I was young and stupid, I kept rotating pws in different sites. Now I am old and paranoid XD

Tho I must say that one regular PCr/NCr that got recently chainfrozen is a cheat and scam and I hope they never get their account back. Dont know what sobstory they've made previous times they were caught (not meaning the owner of Mark. I do not know them so well)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fruitynutcase For This Useful Post:

notsober (08-30-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 19h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitynutcase View Post
    I followed that as well and the topic got deleted if that side she started the board was frozen.

Also people there said if you updated your email, it does not update (or takes a few days) has anyone tested?

*sigh* I honestly don't have anything worth stealing and my email is solid but I do start thinking to make new email for my bank and other stuff. I mean people don't get to bank thru my email but I've had just one address so maybe to make a new one.

I seriously believe something isn't adding up when people say "I've changed all my info, I've just changed my pw". Either they lie, use very simple pw or just keep reusing old ones. I mean look how much there is users who don't give a shit about hackings and it seems to be same people over and over again.

When I was young and stupid, I kept rotating pws in different sites. Now I am old and paranoid XD

Tho I must say that one regular PCr/NCr that got recently chainfrozen is a cheat and scam and I hope they never get their account back. Dont know what sobstory they've made previous times they were caught (not meaning the owner of Mark. I do not know them so well)
    Change email address on Neo does take up a little bit of time , can vary from 10mins - a few hours after you click the confirm link at your new email . The longest I ve had was around 5 hours till it shows my new email address .

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by keknorris View Post
    I'm really interested to know how they plan to get in without that way without access to the email account (if it is even public..). A really random 20 char password would be uncrackable, especially if precautions are taken like stopping attempts after 5 failed logins, etc.

Ofcourse, you also need a similar strength password on your email to prevent that from being compromised and still losing the account.

Reusing passwords is the worst thing you can do, especially with the recent database leaks (email + weakly hashed passwords), any script kiddy can load a list like that and attempt logins on neopets.
    really random passwords are easier for computers to crack then word and number strings tho... I mean I doubt it's relevant at all with limited attempts etc but still a fun fact
    Ana's slave <3