DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    my neopets account is 22 years old (jesus christ) and i only really come back on for events
    havent been on much lately lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    -When did you first start Neopets?
    My first account that I remember was in 2005. My best friend and I made our accounts together. My original account got purged, but I believe was in 2002 or so? I was very young and I hardly played. But in 2005, that's when I first started seriously playing. Unfortunately, I was stupid, and got that account frozen lmao. Then started fresh and still have the same account I re-started with.

-How often are your comebacks?(or have you never left?)
    I usually come back every December at least (because of the Advent Calendar).

-How long do your comebacks usually last?
    A couple months maybe. Usually forget about Neo again around February.

-Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    Yes, I play on my main every time.

-What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback?
    Neo bores me these days. I traded up for all my favorite UCs. I mean there are still some that I'd like, but not enough to have to trade for them. Hoping that the NC UCs happen and I can just return to my goals that way. Otherwise, I mostly grow tired of Neo because of how they run it. JumpStart has been mostly disappointing but meh whatever.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022),Totodile (12-08-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Sorry this is off topic from the discussion @(you need an account to see links), but I came back to say that, at first, I thought this was a board for Neopets clapbacks and I was setting up to be as diabolical as possible lol

Person1: I see you're still not going to Neoschool.
    Person 2: I see your pets are still eating out the Roach Motels.

#clapback

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

kittyray (12-08-2022),Narkotiq (12-08-2022),Ridley (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Neo bores me these days. I traded up for all my favorite UCs. I mean there are still some that I'd like, but not enough to have to trade for them. Hoping that the NC UCs happen and I can just return to my goals that way. Otherwise, I mostly grow tired of Neo because of how they run it. JumpStart has been mostly disappointing but meh whatever.
    god I feel this on a spiritual level! I just finished myself getting my last dream pet and there are still a few more I want but I think for my mental health I'm gonna wait for NC UCs. I don't care how long it takes. I'd rather wait for that then to get driven into a hiatus from the PC (Its so terrible lately - It drains my mental health and makes me depressed). I hope NC UCs come sometime in 2023 at least - It'd make something to look forward in the year

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Crow (12-08-2022),Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m

Oh my, I actually started way back when the site first started. I remember making my account maybe a week or two after the site came out? Reason is because my friend Elmer kept talking about it and finally got me to make an account.
    He loved the Korbat lol

Pretty often on my end. I leave for a bit, but then come back full swing till I just dont feel it again

Hm, I would say a few months at a time? I try not to be gone to long!

-Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?

Oh, I 100% play the same account each time. Its my main! I DID end up switching account about...3 times? Over the years though

Normally when my friends dont seem to be on anymore, or the "new friends" I make, no long play or chat with me.
    Another thing would be if I get to fed up with trading, so I take a break so new pets can come into the market lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post

Normally when my friends dont seem to be on anymore, or the "new friends" I make, no long play or chat with me.
    Another thing would be if I get to fed up with trading, so I take a break so new pets can come into the market lol
    I think that the friend thing hits the hardest for me. It's one of my best memories of Neopets. Other than Clraik, I haven't really had a friend or friend group to play Neopets with since I was maybe 14. I remember me and my friends had a huge friend group and people were constantly being added. We were from all over the world but would meet up in an AIM chat any time we were online and even though none of us ever met, we were very close because of Neopets (we even used to all have each others phone #s too and this was back before cellphones and discord and such so you were giving your parents/grandparents house phone # lol)

I think besides the site generally being a mess, not having any true Neopets related friendships in years and years is another reason it's easy for me to just go on hiatus whenever I feel bored with it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/elle/o/ол
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    27d 8h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Oh, this is a really fun question!

I think it was 15+ years ago, which is wild. My current account is ~13 years old, but my first one is older. I self-froze in the most childish way imaginable on my 11th birthday, when I came to terms with the fact that my honesty in admitting my age meant I couldn't interact with other players, lmao. Spent years regretting that decision.

-How often are your comebacks? (or have you never left?)
    I tend to come back round to it every 1-2 years, I think? It's most commonly an Advent Calendar thing, like some part of me craves it and so I've put it on my actual personal calendar. Otherwise it tends to be events in general, or if something interesting has happened on site - I check cK much more often than I actually go on Neopets, and so anything that pops up on here that spikes my interest might send me back over to the site itself.

1-6 months, I'd say! When I was actively cheating I was probably playing for about a year, quite possibly more. Now I play mostly legit and that keeps me from doing anything too lengthy, so it's shorter. I pop back onto the site whenever something interesting happens on cK, and that's often just playing for a few days or so, but every December my Advent Calendar kick means I'm on for at least a month. I think this time I'm going to be back for a while longer, as I'm finally done with schooling and into the workforce proper - I can absolutely play every day now that I'm no longer dealing with bullshit assignments haha.

I always stick to the same accounts! Probably why I'm so careful to not get frozen. I have my original accounts because that's where the sentimental attachment lies, and I just can't imagine it being fun to play on anything else with different pets. Neo is definitely a full-on nostalgia thing for me, I don't think I'd be interested in it if I was starting from the beginning.

When I was at university it was assignments - I'd come on for the Advent Calendar, get hooked over the holiday break, and then immediately get my fun smashed as the new semester started again in January. Otherwise, it tends to be other players... I make the mistake of going onto the boards, I lose faith in humanity, I go on hiatus, lol. Hoping this time round I just keep to myself and enjoy playing the game, since I've actually got the time to do it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Winona For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkotiq View Post
    I think that the friend thing hits the hardest for me. It's one of my best memories of Neopets. Other than Clraik, I haven't really had a friend or friend group to play Neopets with since I was maybe 14. I remember me and my friends had a huge friend group and people were constantly being added. We were from all over the world but would meet up in an AIM chat any time we were online and even though none of us ever met, we were very close because of Neopets (we even used to all have each others phone #s too and this was back before cellphones and discord and such so you were giving your parents/grandparents house phone # lol)

I think besides the site generally being a mess, not having any true Neopets related friendships in years and years is another reason it's easy for me to just go on hiatus whenever I feel bored with it.
    Oh, I feel this so much.
    I use to be in a Guild on Neo and we were all such close friends. But I was in the same boat! We didnt know each other in RL, but we would all chat and talk on Neo and off it. I remember an old friend of mine that I got super close with, and we would chat and talk so often!
    But life started getting busy and she couldnt get on as much. I haven't heard from her in so many years. I just hope she's okay! I know she was going to have a child the last we spoke. That child should be about 8-9 now lol

But yeah, I try and make friends when I can on Neo, but it sadly doesnt always seem to last.
    Here though? Oh my word I LOVE talking to everyone here! I feel that I have more of a connection to people here than I do on Neo

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh, I feel this so much.
    I use to be in a Guild on Neo and we were all such close friends. But I was in the same boat! We didnt know each other in RL, but we would all chat and talk on Neo and off it. I remember an old friend of mine that I got super close with, and we would chat and talk so often!
    But life started getting busy and she couldnt get on as much. I haven't heard from her in so many years. I just hope she's okay! I know she was going to have a child the last we spoke. That child should be about 8-9 now lol

But yeah, I try and make friends when I can on Neo, but it sadly doesnt always seem to last.
    Here though? Oh my word I LOVE talking to everyone here! I feel that I have more of a connection to people here than I do on Neo
    It's so nice that you have a connection with people here <3 I used to be part of the tumblr neo community but that seemed to have a lot of drama all the time so I ended up ducking out after a bit.

Here on cK it's so nice... when you are gone for a bit people welcome you back immediately, and there is more to talk about on here than just neo. It's a good space to be in if you want that company.

Also that is CRAZY about your friend haha! Have you tried reconnecting at all?

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (12-08-2022),Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

I started playing the flash games around 2004 and made an official account after the conversion in 2008.

I go through phases where I will leave for a couple months or even years, and then become fixated on Neo and then leave again. I'm currently in a weird phase where I check it every day but am not as invested in it... just for dailies and stuff. The frequency varies, honestly.

My combacks can last from just a few weeks to several months haha. It depends on what is going on in my life, I think.

I keep the same account(s)!

I achieve what ever little goal I had at the time... or it just becomes stale. Recently, it's been mostly due to the layout changes making things not as fun for me.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)