31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by oventoast View Post
    My biggest fear has been confirmed and they have updated their "password reset" to ask for the OG email on the account lol

The fucked thing is that i type in the OG email and it says its not correct which i am 99% sure it is correct, so that's great. i knew this was going to happen which is why i was initially peeved by all of this, even though it didn't initially affect me because i kept a spreadsheet/changed all my emails and passwords. but if they are going to start requiring the OG email (and possibly sending it to that email???) that is incredibly fucked up.

i am not sure if this is a new prompt or not, i could have sworn that i reset this account already. i would be very careful everyone rn, ive personally logged out of all of my accounts because i have no idea if this is a new reset or what

This is especially fucked up because they are allowing active accounts to be ticketed into (presumably w/ zero info????), but those of us who want to get into our legit side accounts have to jump through hoops and remember the precise second of the hour we created our account and what the weather was in farenheit if we want a chance of getting into it! lovely.
    Well if this is gonna be like damn, TNT is really hitting hard their playerbase. Not everyone have their OG mails, this would only make things worse :/

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

galaxystar (08-05-2022),Gotch (08-08-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Getting flashbacks to when someone re-created my original hotmail account (because I guess hotmail deletes old emails?) and used it to just absolutely dominate my account, despite me having tons of evidence of it being mine.

It's straight up theirs now because of this, the stupid original email rule. Why are they still doing this. So stupid.

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (08-08-2022),galaxystar (08-05-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 4h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    ehn, maybe i shouldn't share this
    Last edited by kittyray; 08-06-2022 at 03:18 PM.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 1h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Luckily, I still have access to my original email, but there seems to be some kind of error with the site cookies because whenever I log out and back in, I get the password leak warning again and again. I also was forced to change my password three times instead of one, so I'm very glad I have a password manager to generate and keep my password for me.

Pronouns
    She/Bitch
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 8h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I got my accounts back but fkn hell. That was a bunch of bs & I hope everyone recovered their sides with some ease. Trust TNT to make a bad situation 10x worse.
    Last edited by galaxystar; 09-22-2022 at 01:18 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Like a lot of the security related things going on with Neo lately its a major double-edged sword because on one hand we all hope that our stuff is protected as does anyone playing Neo, but at the same time, some (or most) of us own more than one important account that we didn't make, I have the emails for about half of the 150-170 accounts I own, and I made maybe 10 of them, just for perspective. I know there's people who have 10x-100x that many accounts they have to worry about... it all just seems overtly dysphpric when you start thinking about having to make and change the emails of more than a small handful of accounts... so anyone who has a big amount of stuff on their plate they gotta deal with, I I yall the best of the illegitimate homie luck that I can. 2gether we can hope for a safer neopets that still can be haxxed and bent to our whim and financial gain. ♡♡♡
    (⊃•́•̀)⊃⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼
    i'm literally dead inside

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DrillyGang For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (08-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by DrillyGang View Post
    Like a lot of the security related things going on with Neo lately its a major double-edged sword because on one hand we all hope that our stuff is protected as does anyone playing Neo, but at the same time, some (or most) of us own more than one important account that we didn't make, I have the emails for about half of the 150-170 accounts I own, and I made maybe 10 of them, just for perspective. I know there's people who have 10x-100x that many accounts they have to worry about... it all just seems overtly dysphpric when you start thinking about having to make and change the emails of more than a small handful of accounts... so anyone who has a big amount of stuff on their plate they gotta deal with, I I yall the best of the illegitimate homie luck that I can. 2gether we can hope for a safer neopets that still can be haxxed and bent to our whim and financial gain. ♡♡♡
    Yeah thank you. I'm good about keeping as much as I can up to date and accessible but gmail won't let me make anymore accounts without a phone number to confirm with and I've reached the limit for mine so I'm in a stupid position where I honestly don't know what else to do to have unique accessible emails to protect myself from this.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    They should have warned people though. When it’s time for a password change my company’s IT and also the manufacturer I work for display pop ups at each login telling me have X days and X hours left before I’ll have to change my password to continue access. Is this not the norm in your experience?
    We have set password policies - that's pretty standard in most organizations. Passwords must meet complexity requirements, must be changed within a certain time period, must not match the previous "x' amount of passwords. Sometimes there's minimum age for passwords too.

To force a password reset, especially in a manner like this, let's them publicly show that they are doing something to help with the situation. However, it also shows that they are panicking and not really thinking it through. It's kind of amateurish if I say so myself.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

12. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Jackalope (08-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Ugh welp now I'm actually starting to get the pushback and they asked for a picture of my fucking ID. Nope. I wouldn't trust you my ID regardless of the legitimacy of the account, that's insane.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (08-08-2022)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    52d 15h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Ugh welp now I'm actually starting to get the pushback and they asked for a picture of my fucking ID. Nope. I wouldn't trust you my ID regardless of the legitimacy of the account, that's insane.
    Just photoshop a fake one if its your account, to keep yourself protected. Usually they ask you to black out any identifying info other than your name and DOB though, so its pretty safe!

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

Fiore (08-08-2022),Jackalope (08-08-2022)