Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I think neocodex ceased to exist?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I genuinely don't remember that but I apologize for falsely accusing you, I suffer from severe paranoia issues, and was heavily drinking all the time back then and would randomly accuse people of some pretty wild shit back then and I wasn't medicated back then either so I was, extra crazy. (even now I disappear for a while on this site because my brain tells me some wrong shit about people so I step away then come back when it passes. I've been in treatment for many many years now so me doing shit like that is such a rarity that people think of it as uncharacteristic at this point. I also don't touch alcohol anymore.)
    Also it's probably good you cut contact because I actually for real lost my god damn mind for quite a few years after that due to stuff offline, (I mean I'm still not all there and I never will be, but i'm actually aware of the signs, and can control myself very well by just getting the fuck off the internet if I start losing my marbles.) I don't remember much of it and to be frank I'm not sure I want to, beyond apologizing to people for bad things I did. and I don't want people to remember me when I wasn't in treatment anymore. I want people to know me for who I am now. But I don't think hiding that part of myself and denying it happened is good either. So I refuse to take that approach to it.
    I don't remember who you are but if you brought up the mango incident then yeah I can get a pretty decent guess. I don't really know if you want your old username said but I do have a very solid guess.
    Honestly, it's all good, and shit. That was 10-15 years ago. We're both different people now. I get not being ashamed of who you used to be, and the person you are now. In college I was addicted to coke and was drinking heavily. That's not who I am now, and we all learn from our past mistakes. We acknowledge what we did, and make the amends we need to make.

Thank you Hellraid <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Wow those are a lot of old names and events I've totally forgotten about (and honestly still don't remember fully because I truly just have terrible, fuzzy memory) but hearing all your/others' names is such a nostalgia bomb. Once again surprised to find out your previous names haha, although interestingly enough despite Aria/Mewtwo ringing a bell I don't really attach it to any particular behavior. I fell into the cheating hole looking up MP answers on 3volutionize back in the day and then somehow ended up at DZ. Although I joined closer to the tail end of it, and I was never "in" I guess the really popular/cliquey groups but was still friendly with some people. I do remember the move to ZB and how back then there was that "us" vs "them" mentality with ck but at least for me at that point it was primarily community driven (like forum events, tinychat nights etc) than cheating. But I was never super good at talking to people on intimate levels so although I have a lot of fond memories of people like Beca, Ana, one guy whose name is eluding me but he was always really sweet and welcoming...maybe Gengar?, none of my connections from back then were retained. I was also significantly younger back then and not really entrenched in internet/forum communities so as a "kid" to some degree I just didn't understand what the fuck everyone else was going on and as such was oblivious to a lot of the drama that happened 😂 But it is really crazy how people have grown up over the years and come and go, all because of Neopets. We really do be adults with families, mortgages, careers etc now! The early 2010s probably didn't treat all of us that good so I really do hope everyone from back then who was going through it are in better places now.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Delibird (06-15-2023),Dot (06-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023),Zapdos (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Honestly, it's all good, and shit. That was 10-15 years ago. We're both different people now. I get not being ashamed of who you used to be, and the person you are now. In college I was addicted to coke and was drinking heavily. That's not who I am now, and we all learn from our past mistakes. We acknowledge what we did, and make the amends we need to make.
    I'm glad you got clean too. Honestly. That makes me really happy to hear. I do remember the coke thing, a lot of us were abusing multiple substances at once (for me pain killers and alcohol) and telling each other about it on MSN and skype. I actually ended up losing a lot of people I care about to hard drugs. Death, prison, both are losses. So, hearing that someone I knew is actually sober and doing well has just really warmed my heart.
    Last edited by Synth Salazzle; 06-15-2023 at 04:57 PM.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (06-15-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    But it is really crazy how people have grown up over the years and come and go, all because of Neopets. We really do be adults with families, mortgages, careers etc now! The early 2010s probably didn't treat all of us that good so I really do hope everyone from back then who was going through it are in better places now.

I was talking to some friends about this the other day about people who have come in and out of our lives through various Neopets communities and how we're all extremely different people and would never be naturally-occuring friends in real life, but we've got this random mutual interest that gives us the opportunity to bond despite being extremely different people and seen each other grow up and shit.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-15-2023),Ice (06-15-2023),Lyrichord (06-16-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I was talking to some friends about this the other day about people who have come in and out of our lives through various Neopets communities and how we're all extremely different people and would never be naturally-occuring friends in real life, but we've got this random mutual interest that gives us the opportunity to bond despite being extremely different people and seen each other grow up and shit.
    It blows my mind when I think about it. I never would have met anyone that I did on DZ, codex, or anywhere else if I hadn't liked neopets. More specifically if I wasn't sharing a computer with my high school ex and we both had 5 accounts and got banned and they said we could have one of the 10 back and it made me so violently angry that I just started looking for ways to piss off TNT. Even my origins were me being a little shit. A little of that little shit might be left in me because tony p is the one person I still have a grudge with after all this time.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Wow those are a lot of old names and events I've totally forgotten about (and honestly still don't remember fully because I truly just have terrible, fuzzy memory) but hearing all your/others' names is such a nostalgia bomb. Once again surprised to find out your previous names haha, although interestingly enough despite Aria/Mewtwo ringing a bell I don't really attach it to any particular behavior. I fell into the cheating hole looking up MP answers on 3volutionize back in the day and then somehow ended up at DZ. Although I joined closer to the tail end of it, and I was never "in" I guess the really popular/cliquey groups but was still friendly with some people. I do remember the move to ZB and how back then there was that "us" vs "them" mentality with ck but at least for me at that point it was primarily community driven (like forum events, tinychat nights etc) than cheating. But I was never super good at talking to people on intimate levels so although I have a lot of fond memories of people like Beca, Ana, one guy whose name is eluding me but he was always really sweet and welcoming...maybe Gengar?, none of my connections from back then were retained. I was also significantly younger back then and not really entrenched in internet/forum communities so as a "kid" to some degree I just didn't understand what the fuck everyone else was going on and as such was oblivious to a lot of the drama that happened 😂 But it is really crazy how people have grown up over the years and come and go, all because of Neopets. We really do be adults with families, mortgages, careers etc now! The early 2010s probably didn't treat all of us that good so I really do hope everyone from back then who was going through it are in better places now.
    I miss Beca and Ana. I also really miss Katie. She was like everyones mum lol. I know she was here for a while before she stepped down.

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delibird For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    I miss Beca and Ana. I also really miss Katie. She was like everyones mum lol. I know she was here for a while before she stepped down.
    Yes I will always remember Ana’s love of penguins and Beca’s hair they were such sweethearts. (I also definitely remember your name but I don’t think we ever talked much haha)

I know some people definitely straddled both comms with success like Katia specifically, I personally owe a lot to her and it’s nice to see when she or other old users poke their heads in from time to time

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    I unironically used to call beca the saint of DZ because she was always so nice to me no matter how shitty I was acting that day. I literally never had one incident where she was mean or strict with me. Like, I think she genuinely tried to help me because when I'd get extremely bad she'd just message me on skype or something and try to encourage me gently to stop using the internet that day.

My contributions:
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Hawaiian (06-15-2023),Ice (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    114/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    42d 1h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    24m
    I played neo off and on for years as a legit restocker but always kept getting wrongly frozen so eventually I decided to get my first autobuyer.
    SlopDog! I couldn't remember the name of the site until someone posted it earlier in this thread
    I had stopped playing for years until I saw someone playing on twitch.tv (voyboy) and I tried to find an autobuyer again which lead me to finding NeoCodex.
    NeoCodex was interesting but they lacked the good quality program I was looking for which led me to clraik
    Glad to see a lot of people migrated communities over here and have a place to fit in.

I wonder how crazy people on neo would get if they found out n_t was probably once like the people he's been giving information about.
    I know there's a few who are already skeptical that he's even accessing the database.
    Last edited by Hawaiian; 06-15-2023 at 05:38 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    Oh were you? What was your username back in the day? I'm not too sure who Yung is, but I know when Swar was helping lead things, it seemed like the only thing going for them was people buying userbars. I always seem to mix up zombians/metaplode. I think Darkztar->Zombians, GamingGutter->Metaplode.
    I'm pretty sure you're spot on with the codex ban. All I really did was post and chat, didn't even utilize the trading section and was banned because they claimed they only dealt in "legit" things. I'm pretty sure a lot of people there were selling things obtained in similar fashion as how I got them, but due to my rep from other sites, I got the boot right off the bat. Didn't really bother me too much though!
    Oh my god. My memory of those days is pretty foggy because I was quite young, but I remember Swar from DZ, and how he met his partner on there. They're still together and I'm pretty sure I'm friends with them on facebook still. That makes me happy. Its crazy the amount of friendships that have stayed together throughout all these years and forums.
    Last edited by foxe; 06-15-2023 at 06:21 PM.

was that worth it?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxe For This Useful Post:

Ice (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)