27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Angry VPN Browser?

Can anyone suggest a good vpn to use? Currently I'm using a vpn with Private Internet Access which hasn't been too bad but they have been really annoying me lately. If I restart or there has been a few times where that wasn't the case I notice my vpn just disconnects and I don't notice until I have already started browsing which gets very frustrating. I'm tired of having to constantly check to see if I'm even connected.

Anyone have better luck with other vpn's?

Also at one point I was logging into a side using torbrowser and I'm thinking that's what might have gotten it frozen. Anyone have better vpn browser or advice so that doesn't happen again?

Thank you c:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    23 times
    Time Online
    26d 15h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Opera used to be perfect for me then it started giving me issues I'm not sure why. Try Opera and if you have the same issues try Epic Privacy Browser. If those aren't your cup of tea you could bring out the big guns and go with Tor, but some people suspect that tor is unsafe to use for neo. I'm sure there are other options too but I don't know them off hand nor have experience with them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sarada For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (01-30-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good vpn to use? Currently I'm using a vpn with Private Internet Access which hasn't been too bad but they have been really annoying me lately. If I restart or there has been a few times where that wasn't the case I notice my vpn just disconnects and I don't notice until I have already started browsing which gets very frustrating. I'm tired of having to constantly check to see if I'm even connected.

Anyone have better luck with other vpn's?

Also at one point I was logging into a side using torbrowser and I'm thinking that's what might have gotten it frozen. Anyone have better vpn browser or advice so that doesn't happen again?

Thank you c:
    You could try VPNs from providers such as Avira, Tunnelbear, Express, etc. (Avoid Norton would'nt even let you uninstall in peace)

That's not a good way to go though if you're using it on your main, as it's very likely everytime you login to Neopets the ip will change alerting their system. Do it too many times they will freeze you. Note, it's rare though as the ip maybe different but the region will be the same, but still there might be others logging in through the same ip.
    What I suggest to you is get an ip proxy for yourself and in any browser of your choice put that proxy (ip address + port) that way you have your own unique ip address and no one else is using your ip, also you can assign different proxies on the same computer and have multiple accounts logged in at the same time via different browsers. There are many good proxy providers on the internet. Just make sure that you get a proxy that lasts a couple of months and not one that expires every week.
    @(you need an account to see links) has provided a fantastic answer corresponding to the vpn approach and she is correct tor browser has a high freeze rate as everytime it logs into Neopets with a different ip(Now California, next login New York, next might be out of US too).

When ever you approach freeze rates, just ask yourself a simple question. What would a honest player look like?
    Same computer, same ip, same region.

Ps. Ignore the typos, I use autocorrect on my phone.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 01-30-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Guide to install and run Python programs
    (you need an account to see links)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyler Durden For This Useful Post:

♥ Dita ♥ (01-30-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorra View Post
    Opera used to be perfect for me then it started giving me issues I'm not sure why. Try Opera and if you have the same issues try Epic Privacy Browser. If those aren't your cup of tea you could bring out the big guns and go with Tor, but some people suspect that tor is unsafe to use for neo. I'm sure there are other options too but I don't know them off hand nor have experience with them.
    I will definitely check out Opera and Epic Privacy Browser then. Thank you so much c:

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    You could try VPNs from providers such as Avira, Tunnelbear, Express, etc. (Avoid Norton would'nt even let you uninstall in peace)

That's not a good way to go though if you're using it on your main, as it's very likely everytime you login to Neopets the ip will change alerting their system. Do it too many times they will freeze you. Note, it's rare though as the ip maybe different but the region will be the same, but still there might be others logging in through the same ip.
    What I suggest to you is get an ip proxy for yourself and in any browser of your choice put that proxy (ip address + port) that way you have your own unique ip address and no one else is using your ip, also you can assign different proxies on the same computer and have multiple accounts logged in at the same time via different browsers. There are many good proxy providers on the internet. Just make sure that you get a proxy that lasts a couple of months and not one that expires every week.
    @(you need an account to see links) has provided a fantastic answer corresponding to the vpn approach and she is correct tor browser has a high freeze rate as everytime it logs into Neopets with a different ip(Now California, next login New York, next might be out of US too).

When ever you approach freeze rates, just ask yourself a simple question. What would a honest player look like?
    Same computer, same ip, same region.

Ps. Ignore the typos, I use autocorrect on my phone.
    I will check out those vpns! Do you have any personal experience with them? I have until March to decide if I want to renew my vpn.

I didn't even really think about that so thank you for the heads up! I have been using it with my main but I also frequent my main on my phone without a vpn so do you think that would alert them to anything?

I will take your advice and check into an ip vpn then because that does sound better than just being all over the place with a vpn like that. I'll have to do some research into it. Do you know a good place to start with?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 22h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    I will definitely check out Opera and Epic Privacy Browser then. Thank you so much c:

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

I will check out those vpns! Do you have any personal experience with them? I have until March to decide if I want to renew my vpn.

I didn't even really think about that so thank you for the heads up! I have been using it with my main but I also frequent my main on my phone without a vpn so do you think that would alert them to anything?

I will take your advice and check into an ip vpn then because that does sound better than just being all over the place with a vpn like that. I'll have to do some research into it. Do you know a good place to start with?
    Yes I've used them and they all are more or less same to me. Some better than others at certain times. On average they're more or less the same.
    If your pc ip(wifi/ethernet) and phone ip differ that will trigger the monitors but more often than not being in the same area/region is not an issue. It will be an issue if you're logged in via a Australian ip on your pc and a British one on your phone, as no sane person (besides goku) can swap places so fast.

As far as proxy based ip is concerned the best is to setup your own vps(not n) and route all traffic through it. That way you have full control over basically everything. That's if you wanna be on the techy side of things. If you want to just do it with minimal effort, I'll suggest search for static ip proxy.
    They're fairly cheap and a single ip is assigned to you so you don't need to worry about others using it.
    Guide to install and run Python programs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 14h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm using PIA VPN as well and I must admit the PIA browser plugin disconnects occasionally so I did not use it. The desktop client works great for me so I use that permanently. The disadvantage is that you're unable to connect to different country proxies on different browsers at the same time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I was using a proxy and certain areas of Neo wouldn't work if it was on. I saw that someone else had posted a board as well with this issue. Is this just for unpaid proxys or does anyone have this issue with their proxy? Some say they just use one to log on but then turn it off, but then don't they follow your IP throughout whatever activities you do?

I remember I was using a proxy for the JN pricing script, as I was IP banned from Jellyneo. When I left it on I couldn't post on the boards or anything. So I would turn it off and it would let me post again.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    138 times
    Time Online
    59d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I personally reroute all my traffic for other accounts to use private proxies I bought. It's not very expensive and it's an easy way to make sure you always stay clear of TNT. It's a static IP as well, therefore it looks like just one person logging in from the same place every time - TNT still prefers that to VPN IPs that change all the time or are used by other people (if you're unlucky).

I think this is the safest way to do it.

🌜 ALL YOUR STARDROP ARE BELONG TO ME ⭐✨
    hatched as drake: 01.11.2021

Guides by me: (you need an account to see links) | (you need an account to see links)

ty Dita ♥

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stardew For This Useful Post:

Black Dog (02-02-2019)