24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    I wouldn't buy a new car. If you don't want to deal with car troubles then simply lease a new car. Otherwise, with that amount you might as well buy a nice used car (still like new & luxurious). When you drop that much on a brand new car, as soon as you leave the dealer it's value drops around half the price you paid.
    I've been working in finance for a little under three years and I've been training as an accountant for two years.. Leasing is always an alternative, it should never be your first choice. Typically individuals leasing are people who are well off financially, because they want a new vehicle every 24-48 months.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I switch phones that much, cars definitely not.

Going to be talking with my insurance tomorrow night and get suggestions on what I should do.

I definitely do want to buy full out though, but if they agree leasing would be a better option than why the hell not. I'll get something fancier if that's the case. Not really a big deal to me as I just need something to get to & from where I need to be.

And I don't do cheap/used cars, nope. I'm high maint on that, hah.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by chiro View Post

Going to be talking with my insurance tomorrow night and get suggestions on what I should do.

I definitely do want to buy full out though, but if they agree leasing would be a better option than why the hell not. I'll get something fancier if that's the case. Not really a big deal to me as I just need something to get to & from where I need to be.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) problem is I live in Michigan. I need something that can handle this bullshit amount of snow we get. And the fact that we have no snow now means we will have well over a foot until march or april.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    158/9
    Mentioned
    217 times
    Time Online
    54d 9h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    @<a href="http://clraik.com/forum/member.php?u=5792" target="_blank">Water</a> problem is I live in Michigan. I need something that can handle this bullshit amount of snow we get. And the fact that we have no snow now means we will have well over a foot until march or april.
    (you need an account to see links)
    Suzuki SX4,

(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Water; 12-08-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: video funnier

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

I'm from Windsor, just across from Detroit, so I can relate on the climate needs for a vehicle. Check out GMC's line-up of 2015 SUV's if you're in the market for something new, buying is much better than leasing! They're gonna push for you to lease if you walk in and suggest that you might be open to it. Both options are in a sense "payment plans" if you think of the initial downpayment as a trade-off for the car when you decide to upgrade in a few years; sure the value is gonna drop, but you can still sell it or drive it til it dies!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post

@(you need an account to see links)
    This is the car I have and I absolutely love it.
    The gas mileage isn't too bad. Drives real smooth and it's actually pretty roomy.
    It's a Volkswagen Tiguan and it's about.. $22k ~ $23k? (For the base model)
    And it's super cool because it has the same engine as a GTI, turbo engine.
    I will definitely look into that, thanks! There's even a dealer in my area with a few different models of the Tiguan

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by JordBarb View Post
    Did anyone even read her first post? LOL... A Lexus? Escalade? Those are WAY out of the price range of $28,000 - $30,000 considering I'm going to assume you intend to have a payment plan and not just buy the car on the spot...

Why "never again" with Ford? You survived the crash without a scratch (from what I'm gathering) so why not consider them again. Anyways, I love the GMC Yukon. I rented one recently for a trip for me and my fiancee and it was fully loaded, I'm also a SUV person. I'd try to avoid foreign car makers like Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, etc; because they're made overseas and they're cheaper for a reason... Shitty quality!
    @(you need an account to see links)
    If you buy used, you can totally get a late model luxury SUV for 30k, which i understand she'll be paying upfront because her insurance is covering the replacement cost of her totaled Ford.

Also, I believe Toyota and Honda have manufacturing plants in the US, and not only that--but have consistently been rated as two of the most reliable car manufacturers in the world. Hyundai has traditionally had a reputation for poorer quality, but they've made great strides in recent years (especially with their 100k mile, 10-year warranty). I'd understand ideological reasons to buy domestic brands, but reliability and build quality should not be a factor when making that decision.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by Warpath View Post
    If you buy used, you can totally get a late model luxury SUV for 30k, which i understand she'll be paying upfront because her insurance is covering the replacement cost of her totaled Ford.

Also, I believe Toyota and Honda have manufacturing plants in the US, and not only that--but have consistently been rated as two of the most reliable car manufacturers in the world. Hyundai has traditionally had a reputation for poorer quality, but they've made great strides in recent years (especially with their 100k mile, 10-year warranty). I'd understand ideological reasons to buy domestic brands, but reliability and build quality should not be a factor when making that decision.
    Either way, I'm open to everyones opinions or I wouldn't of posted about it in the first place as it's definitely not an easy thing for me to deal with right now.

So I really do appreciate everyone whose commented on it so far, hopefully I'll have all the insurance details ironed out by tonight or tomorrow so I can get a jump on it before the snow gets bad and I'm stuck searching in between blizzards.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 22h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Like Teal said the Tiguan is a great car! My friend has one, and I have driven it a lot.
    I know you said you didn't want a ford, but I really like the ford edge. It is not so bad on gas (I drove one 15 hrs once). It is super comfy and has a lot of room.