9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

So.. new car help

I got into a *tiny* car accident yesterday so within the next two weeks I am going car shopping. Price limit is $28-30k.

Any suggestions? I'm more so of an SUV type of person but cars would be alright suggestion wise. No preference on makers.

RIP ford, never again.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    1,190 times
    Time Online
    162d 23h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    You can get a bunch of really great cars with your budget.
    I'll let the ones who know what they are talking about to help you out.

All I can say is I absolutely adore my new Mazda 3.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cath For This Useful Post:

chiro (12-04-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Yeah I'm not a car person at all, that is why I am asking for suggestions. It is a big budget range, but I still don't really have any idea as I only originally went with the Ford Escape because it was an easy purchase.

Now I want to look at other options and actually search around for something I really do want, but I need suggestions of where to even begin.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    details on accident please i enjoy stories.
    and for 28-30k.... sheeeeeeeeeet very nice, you have the potential to get a nice af car. Escalade?
    Here's a list of suv in your price range:
    (you need an account to see links)

u 'mirin?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) nothing exciting. Was going down a hill to a stop sign around 40-45 MPH. Didn't notice my water bottle fell out of my cup holder and it ended up under my brakes so I couldn't stop. Ran the sign, got hit drivers side on by an oncoming car. Both the man & myself were alright, both cars wrecked.

Most horrifying thing I've ever experienced by far. I saw him coming, saw him hit me. Crashed happened. Woke up with paramedics & police everywhere.

I am slightly afraid of driving again but I have to go back into work on sunday so, need to get over it.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I would buy used, because depreciation on new cars is a bitch. Since you like SUVs (as well as safety I presume), I'd look at used Volvo XC90s, BMW X5s, and LEXUS RX series. The Toyota Highlander is also pretty nice.

I wouldn't buy a new car, but if you do buy used make sure you do your research on the car's history and also have it checked out by a trustworthy mechanic. If it looks like too good of a deal, it most likely is.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    124 times
    Time Online
    24d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links) I will look into those, thanks! I'm most likely going with new because I honestly am terrified of all the possible things that could happen with an old/used one, granted same thing could with new but I'd feel much safer in a new one. Helps that I am getting full coverage back from my car/accident insurance as well.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    27d 6h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    If a BMW X5 is in your price range, I'd go for it!! (I'm not too sure how much a new one is in the U.S. or where-ever you are. I just know a new one here in Australia is like $150,000 - $200,00 etc) but they are such a lovely car to drive (all BMW's in general.) You also feel safe in them?? Like I don't know if that's just me or not, but yeah I would rather drive a European vehicle > anything else tbh.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    5d 20h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Did anyone even read her first post? LOL... A Lexus? Escalade? Those are WAY out of the price range of $28,000 - $30,000 considering I'm going to assume you intend to have a payment plan and not just buy the car on the spot...

Why "never again" with Ford? You survived the crash without a scratch (from what I'm gathering) so why not consider them again. Anyways, I love the GMC Yukon. I rented one recently for a trip for me and my fiancee and it was fully loaded, I'm also a SUV person. I'd try to avoid foreign car makers like Hyundai, Toyota, Honda, etc; because they're made overseas and they're cheaper for a reason... Shitty quality!
    @(you need an account to see links)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 2h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    I wouldn't buy a new car. If you don't want to deal with car troubles then simply lease a new car. Otherwise, with that amount you might as well buy a nice used car (still like new & luxurious). When you drop that much on a brand new car, as soon as you leave the dealer it's value drops around half the price you paid.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------