Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    16d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I wish I wasn't as lazy, I can do nothing for hours...It's really bad and affects me at school

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    343 times
    Time Online
    286d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 38m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    I wish I wasn't as lazy, I can do nothing for hours...It's really bad and affects me at school
    Got to second this for myself.

I'm an intelligent guy (not to blow my own trumpet), and I have a decent job....I just don't work hard and I could make so much more out of my career but that includes effort XD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    16d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by nayfeee View Post
    Got to second this for myself.

I'm an intelligent guy (not to blow my own trumpet), and I have a decent job....I just don't work hard and I could make so much more out of my career but that includes effort XD
    As long as you're happy bro , But myself I need money to be happy (Don't give me the "Money won't buy happiness bullshit) If I can't pull myself together and start working hard I'm fucked, I need to get into a nice university...

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1,368 times
    Time Online
    131d 12h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    As long as you're happy bro , But myself I need money to be happy (Don't give me the "Money won't buy happiness bullshit) If I can't pull myself together and start working hard I'm fucked, I need to get into a nice university...
    True that, I'm a very materialistic person. The shit I want is unnecessary and expensive, but if earn the means, why not?

As for Uni, it's good to be able to get into the nicest school you can, the only importance of a school's reputation is when you want to do grad studies after, for research.

But as long as the program you're trying for is accredited and the Uni is a legit not-for-profit U, it won't matter in the workplace. Even admission to pre-professional programs like Law or Med doesn't mandate a prestigious school (they'd rather a 3.8 from some U, not a 2.3 from Yale). Especially once you've landed your first real job and build your work experience.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod For This Useful Post:

Nik (01-10-2013)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    38/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    16d 18h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod View Post
    True that, I'm a very materialistic person. The shit I want is unnecessary and expensive, but if earn the means, why not?

As for Uni, it's good to be able to get into the nicest school you can, the only importance of a school's reputation is when you want to do grad studies after, for research.

But as long as the program you're trying for is accredited and the Uni is a legit not-for-profit U, it won't matter in the workplace. Even admission to pre-professional programs like Law or Med doesn't mandate a prestigious school (they'd rather a 3.8 from some U, not a 2.3 from Yale). Especially once you've landed your first real job and build your work experience.
    I understand, and you're right. Good stuff costs money haha. Regardless I would still rather get into a nice Uni that people respect.
    Working well at Uni is another problem entirely

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    10d 19h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I think my worst quality is that I over-analyze every possible thing.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Pay more attention in class and understand things with ease

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I understand, and you're right. Good stuff costs money haha. Regardless I would still rather get into a nice Uni that people respect.
    Working well at Uni is another problem entirely
    There should definitely be a happy medium though. Also remember that a prestigious college (i.e. Yale) will cost exponentially more than a very good college that might be at the exact same caliber. College really is what you make of it and what major you pick. The whole "do whatever you like and money will come to you" thing sounds great but very few people actually succeed financially with that. (Unless whatever you like is engineering, comp sci or business)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    17h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I think I would make myself prettier... Not that I'm ugly, but I don't like my appearance.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 9h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Hmm, I'd make myself a few inches taller, well, more like 5 inches taller. I'm EXTREMELY short...I've been my height since 7th grade (super long time ago).