Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could buy neo, what are the first actions you would take?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehentalix View Post
    Maybe someday there will be a group with enough money and interest to actually take on Neopets as a project. Given the right resources, it would be extremely easy to make a franchise worth hundreds of millions of dollars. All the factors are there: nostalgia, marketability, simplicity, a preexisting fanbase, and brand tie-ins. I think if someone who actually cares were to buy the IP, and be really aggressive with it, they could make a $500M valuation in a year or two.
    I completely agree. The website has the ability to target every audience. They could make a killing if they put forth more effort.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    40d 23h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1991 View Post
    I completely agree. The website has the ability to target every audience. They could make a killing if they put forth more effort.
    I guarantee you, with maybe 50-70M I could make the franchise worth a billion inside of five years.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehentalix View Post
    I guarantee you, with maybe 50-70M I could make the franchise worth a billion inside of five years.
    I don't doubt it!

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I don't have the knowledge or network to know how to make it work, but with everybody saying hire a dev team, hire ck, et cetera... got me thinking about making certain aspects of neopets open source.

I googled and found (you need an account to see links) and I know neopets isn't really a traditional MMO, but it even mentioned Glitch, a game that shut down and made a lot of the assets open source which allowed it to live on. I don't know if there's really any equivalent to neopets to see if anything similar worked as open source, but I can't find anything.

(you need an account to see links)

I feel like this would probably fail terribly, but my heart wants it to work.

(I say this as somebody who has never successfully contributed to an open source project, I think I'm doing something simple, like minor text changes and boom fail all the tests).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It's funny, my friend asked me the exact same thing last week.

I'm sure we all have some variant of a fantasy where we buy Neopets and maximize its potential.

The cancer starts at the top. I don't know who's leading Neopets right now, but he doesn't know his audience—it's probably just a job for him. I'm not even sure he could name all the Neopets.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to x-factor For This Useful Post:

Bellz (05-20-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    10d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I honestly feel if they would just fix the battledome, it would be such an improvement overall. Like... you can't alienate a whole niche community. Fix that shit. I remember being 11 and my classmate describing a website where you can create and train your own monster and battle other people's monsters. I was sold. I didn't know about any other facet of the site or how complicated it could get. This was almost 20 years ago. That's how I was introduced. BD is such a huge part of Neo.

+ Create a battledome centric app, it would do so well. Battle your pets with your friends, co workers, family.
    + Fix abilities, weapons, freezing, healing... like fix that shit correctly
    + Guilds battling each other
    + Bring back chia flour, screw you special snowflakes who complained
    + Create monthly battledome tournaments, can even break it down into different leagues and divisions (stats and weapon price range)
    + Give prizes for said competitions

It's just so frustrating to me because Neo has SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Like, this should have been the alternative to Pokemon. It's maddening to see how TNT/whoever the fuck is really in charge of Neo, continue to be on course to steer the boat into an iceberg.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gera For This Useful Post:

cuddlypanda (05-21-2020),Oshun (05-21-2020)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 24m
    Show loyalty to existing users rather than try to recruit users outside the current demographic. Do we really want young children / preteens back on the site? I don’t think that’s the correct vision for the site.

- protect unfortunately named UC that were presumably “grandfathered.” If a UC is deleted, it should be replaced, especially if there is to be no manner of creating future UC
    - ease on some of restrictions/rules/filters. Though it is way funnier to say ba.lls than balls
    - answer tickets. Don’t go in with the assumption that the user is at fault.

Bottom line is to be more receptive to current user base and the factors that lead users to quit. Who’d want to stick around if there pet is suddenly deleted? Who’d want to continue buying NC if there are glitches in redeeming cards or purchases?

Use your head, TNT

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 23h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    UCs wouldn't be so much of a problem if they took the new poses and fixed them up to look better. There's nothing a redline can't fix.

After fixing that, I would allow users to be able to trade and sell artwork for points and items and let them make art shops like any other petsite ever to bring some life to the art community.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    First thing would be to make an app for neopets. With the release of the app have a fun plot that reveals a new app only world to entice users to use it. The app only world would still be connected (just not accessible) to your desktop neopoets account so whatever items you buy/win from it you will have access to easily. Then plot-twist, the plot continues and the BD is fixed and you have to use it to the completion of the story.
    When you finish the plot they re-release key quest and habitarium.

I'm living in a dream world.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Oshun For This Useful Post:

Immortal (05-21-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by gera View Post
    I honestly feel if they would just fix the battledome, it would be such an improvement overall. Like... you can't alienate a whole niche community. Fix that shit. I remember being 11 and my classmate describing a website where you can create and train your own monster and battle other people's monsters. I was sold. I didn't know about any other facet of the site or how complicated it could get. This was almost 20 years ago. That's how I was introduced. BD is such a huge part of Neo.

+ Create a battledome centric app, it would do so well. Battle your pets with your friends, co workers, family.
    + Fix abilities, weapons, freezing, healing... like fix that shit correctly
    + Guilds battling each other
    + Bring back chia flour, screw you special snowflakes who complained
    + Create monthly battledome tournaments, can even break it down into different leagues and divisions (stats and weapon price range)
    + Give prizes for said competitions

It's just so frustrating to me because Neo has SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Like, this should have been the alternative to Pokemon. It's maddening to see how TNT/whoever the fuck is really in charge of Neo, continue to be on course to steer the boat into an iceberg.
    I'm really glad I started this thread, answers like these are awesome to read, actually all of them have been great. Maybe the members of TNT THAT LURK THESE BOARDS. Will take some notice and make some positive changes.