Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else miss the battledome plots?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by shimenax View Post
    Me too<3 But to be honest... They do not make an effort even in the new colors, which are recolored on the same basis, much less invest time in a plot.
    It breaks my heart, but I prefer not to get excited.
    I hear you guys on all those thoughts, I'll just keep hoping that once this beta site is done and released, they'll get back to really making the site back into what made it great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to penguin1991 For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-11-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Me too<3 But to be honest... They do not make an effort even in the new colors, which are recolored on the same basis, much less invest time in a plot.
    It breaks my heart, but I prefer not to get excited.
    The problem is after they converted the pets they had much less of an incentive to make cool or interesting colours, they're all in the same position anyway and most people are putting clothes over them, I blame the conversion wholly for the downfall of Neopets

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I actually wouldn't mind a less BD focused plot if it was actually good, which feels like a lot to expect out of TnT these days. Still I do wish they'd update the BD, modernize it a little, fix the glitches. There's never really anything going on, just do daily BDs for the item prizes, do obelisk, that's it.
    I'm a little worried we won't get anything interesting any time soon since they're so focused on the AC rn (and that's something that's basically already made for them)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    What's the point of making new colors if they're all just as boring? the maraquan color is interesting and can be dressed as well. I'm just saying that being able to dress them is no excuse for doing something boring. or shouldn't be an excuse... Things can be done better.

@(you need an account to see links) said something very interesting about the plot (you need an account to see links). I think adapting that type of content to the present day is a great challenge. A great and difficult challenge and TNT knows it...

I want to be positive, I swear. but even the beta is... :/ not very encouraging for me. I'll wait and hope TNT surprises me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreyFaerie For This Useful Post:

Enchantix (05-12-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Or they can include more weekly event concepts like the Obelisk. This could keep people going on for quite some time.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Robindoo For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-12-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7d 15h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    LD plot was my favorite. I don’t think they have the resources to invest in an event like the old days

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaia For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    What's the point of making new colors if they're all just as boring? the maraquan color is interesting and can be dressed as well. I'm just saying that being able to dress them is no excuse for doing something boring. or shouldn't be an excuse... Things can be done better.
    On the topic of colors, I actually think a lot of the newer colors are good ideas, and then TnT just fucks up the execution. Like I love the idea of toy color but half of them are just bright, over saturated messes that are barely in line with the toy theme besides a few lines and rivets. They're almost more jelly than they are toy. Colors are so boring now that I may as well cover them up with clothing because it barely feels like most of them matter anymore.
    Even some of the new additions to old colors are boring as hell imo, Darigan is such a great color but the Darigan Vandegyre is super boring compared to the Ixi or the Xweetok or the Gelert. TnT is clearly capable of making fantastic, unique pet colors and it feels like they choose not to half the time. And for what it's worth I think that there's still hope, wraith ended up being a super cool addition for example.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Enchantix For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    Candy, marble, jelly, toy... They all look the same to me. When I saw the hissi toy I thought it was golden.
    There are basic, cheap and uninteresting colors... and there will be more. But I also want nice things. ):
    Steampunk color is good even if it looks like a remake of the robot color. There is potential, there is not much desire apparently.

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

(you need an account to see links)
    Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Candy, marble, jelly, toy... They all look the same to me. When I saw the hissi toy I thought it was golden.
    There are basic, cheap and uninteresting colors... and there will be more. But I also want nice things. ):
    Steampunk color is good even if it looks like a remake of the robot color. There is potential, there is not much desire apparently.
    I don't think the current Neopets art team is very talented. Most of the front page art (Newsflash in particular) comes straight from the site's archives, and what little new art that comes out is barely above what you'd find on a no-name tumblr blog. And I'm not just comparing pets (obviously UC's will always look superior to converted pets), just look at stuff like the caption contest.

Even front & center new characters look frumpy next to the site's older designs. Queen Fyora looks half as illustrious as she does in older art and she still mogs all over Kaia.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (05-13-2020),kittyray (05-13-2020),Sakuras (05-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 1h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Yea. The new colors doesnt entice me at all