Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you find yourself playing more oldschool games these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Recently I was remembering random neopets flash games. But I was too angry that they froze my main account to be back. However a friend of mine kept talking about his pets and dailies and then I decided to come back, been playing tons of games and getting ready to get their trophies tomorrow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chenbi For This Useful Post:

splicknick (05-01-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by meatpotpie View Post
    Recently I was remembering random neopets flash games. But I was too angry that they froze my main account to be back. However a friend of mine kept talking about his pets and dailies and then I decided to come back, been playing tons of games and getting ready to get their trophies tomorrow.
    I get the same urge everytime I get an account iced then want to come back just to prove I can do better each time.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
    I get the same urge everytime I get an account iced then want to come back just to prove I can do better each time.
    how many times have you been frozen? I was frozen once like 15 years ago but I'm like hyper paranoid now. If my main was frozen now I'd probably just stop playing at this point

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by ringingbellz View Post
    I had my return to the Sims before my return to neopets, and I love it. I recently installed the HQ mod and reorganized all my custom CC I've downloaded... The sims 4 is a beautiful game.
    What's a HQ mod? Never heard of it, does it matter if I play on a retina screen? The best part I guess is the game packs, they really got it going on. Realm of magic, Strangevill and Island Living are my favorites.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    18h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by splicknick View Post
    how many times have you been frozen? I was frozen once like 15 years ago but I'm like hyper paranoid now. If my main was frozen now I'd probably just stop playing at this point
    At least a dozen times, but mainly over a course of a decade and not being careful. I'm back now as an older version I guess. The only thing I still haven't done is get myself a VPN..it's hard to justify spending money to make game currency.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deMorphine For This Useful Post:

splicknick (05-02-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    133/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    44d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I never got out of Neo unfortunately. But I did pick up Marapets again. And I'm finally getting around to games I never finished before (on the third Spyro game for the Switch). Outside of that, nothing "nostalgic", although I would LOVE to play Crystal version sometime (for some reason) haha

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam. View Post
    I never got out of Neo unfortunately. But I did pick up Marapets again. And I'm finally getting around to games I never finished before (on the third Spyro game for the Switch). Outside of that, nothing "nostalgic", although I would LOVE to play Crystal version sometime (for some reason) haha
    How is marapets compared to neopets? I think in terms of quality neopets wins by a large margin right? I've checked marapets a few times in the past but have never got over the fact that it looks like a knock-off.. D:

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    133/0
    Mentioned
    63 times
    Time Online
    44d 5h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by hairlessly View Post
    How is marapets compared to neopets? I think in terms of quality neopets wins by a large margin right? I've checked marapets a few times in the past but have never got over the fact that it looks like a knock-off.. D:
    It's definitely no competition. But I like the fact Mara isn't so PG. It leans more on the edgy side. And there's CONSTANTLY new content coming out. Mara wins in that respect. And there's like 1000+ avatars to get and a ton of pets and colors. The economy isn't in shambles. The userbase is actually very active. Lots of "dailies". It's incredibly easy to get a good footing regardless of how much you played in the past (if at all). Plus it rewards you for each day you visit the site through a couple NPCs. As long as you know the basics of pet sites, you can do well. I recommend checking it out.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam. View Post
    It's definitely no competition. But I like the fact Mara isn't so PG. It leans more on the edgy side. And there's CONSTANTLY new content coming out. Mara wins in that respect. And there's like 1000+ avatars to get and a ton of pets and colors. The economy isn't in shambles. The userbase is actually very active. Lots of "dailies". It's incredibly easy to get a good footing regardless of how much you played in the past (if at all). Plus it rewards you for each day you visit the site through a couple NPCs. As long as you know the basics of pet sites, you can do well. I recommend checking it out.
    Damm that does sound like it's much better than neopets. How did you manage to get over the fact that it's NOT neopets though? And I'm pretty invested in neopets plus the nostalgia.. I guess I should go check it out and decide again xD

Thanks for the info!!

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 15h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've always felt myself drawn to older games, or games made in the style/essence of older games, with few exceptions. I'm no gamer by far, though; I absolutely suck at most of them and don't play often enough to 'git gud'.