Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to make UCs "PC Safe" anymore?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    16d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
    you could just chat with a side account on the pc, so no one sees your pretty main with 5 or 6 ucs
    i have an account with 4 tier 8 ucs for years now. no one knows about it and yet i play daily on it. if i were to show this acc to the pc i could instead ice myself. same result
    That's a great idea, omg thank you

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    If the pet is just a personal goal you're happy with only yourself and maybe a selection of friends knowing about, then stay away from the pc in particular especially if they are new buys.
    However if you're planning on going public or want to show off your flashy new thing, then I'd follow the advice of @(you need an account to see links).
    I think it's important to have a small network to back you, even if they are you on alts.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    8d 11h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    ive introduced at least 5 bought higher end ucs to the pc and all of them are still around now either in perm homes or being traded. ive got a high end uc that ive only had for 7 months that i have as an active and ive had no issues. been chatting with it as soon as it came onto my account. I never get questioned and but i never advetise it for trades or speak of it..just take compliments and move on

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    33d 17h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    It really depends on who See's it I guess. I like to think most people just don't care, but the ones who do generally won't tell you about it, they'll just report you. It's definitely possible to get along with an illegit pet, I'm sure it happens every day.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    40d 11h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevarine View Post
    I like to trade my bought UCs bc I love playing with fate.

But really, I've had no problems trading bought dn/bn lower tier ucs. I wouldn't try it with a NICE pet though.

I think pets with nicer names tend to stick out more, too. Like, no one's going to remember if xxxx_xxx##### the uc whatever has been around, but they'll certainly notice Xxxxx coming out of nowhere.
    Yeah agree, most people have their eyes on any new vwn ucs that pop up and they will track it down. Not many people care about BN ucs unless it's something like a rare T10.
    Last edited by blastoise; 01-28-2018 at 07:11 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    When I was a baby cheater I did a lot of dumb things and still never got caught. I used to fake trade with myself a lot - so I could explain how I got the UC if anyone asked (no one ever did) - and more often than not I'd transfer the pet used to fake-trade for the UC back to one of my sides a week or two later. Honestly if you aren't trying to introduce something extremely high-tier or rare, people don't take too much notice if you don't look obviously suspicious? Aren't trying to adopt the pet out to clearly yourself, or act like omg this is a totally legit pound catch!, etc. Or if you aren't a well known asshole that people are trying to find reasons to report.

If a UC is long-time secured and I'm concerned that the PC would be suspicious if they saw it, I'll just send it to one of my sides that I very rarely post with and let it stew on the account for more than a few months before doing anything with it. Eventually maybe I'll add the UC to my portfolio page or something, just slowly introducing it as "Yeah so and so has always had that pet". With caches being up on user look ups I don't think people bother checking out people's side accounts even if they're linked on the main account's profile.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    16d 14h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    In my opinion, your best bet is to...

1. Jazz up your account with trophies, avies, anything you can do to make it look legit.

2. Buy from Andrew or Drizzy - their pets were the safest for me

3. Talk on the nc board, customisation boards, premium boards, Art boards...even submit a picture for the beauty contest (I've had great luck with this)

4. Continue to make your pet known around the boards without bringing to the PC (Don't buy a pet unless it plans to be a permie)

5. Never trade your pet in the P.C. ...if you must post there every so often, fine, just don't create a trading board...and you will be pretty much safe

There is real no such thing as PC Safe; however; your pets can remain safe by following these above rules...that is what I do =)
    -
    Buying UCs be like...

❤ Claire Bear ッ

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 23h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I never had any trouble trading my bought UC's on the PC. Just introduced them slowly by having them as my active for a while and then after a few weeks I posted them on the UC trading boards saying he was tent. uft.
    I never had more than 2 or 3 uc's on one account, the others were converteds.
    Just mid tier UC's (T 4/5/6) with not spectacular names though. Yes its the most smart to just buy the uc you want and not trade them but it happened to me that I got the uc I wanted but with a name I hated so I traded it. Also trading is just really addictive.
    Most UC's are still being traded around and no one questions them so. If you're casual about it. Theres always the risk but yeah youre doing something thats not allowed so that shouldnt be a shocker.
    Anyway I'm frozen now but thats my own fault for drawing lots of attention lol.
    Last edited by slothdrone; 01-28-2018 at 05:16 PM. Reason: missed something

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I've experienced introducing pets in a few ways recently.
    It all really depends on the pet itself.

I've had the following two situations most recently:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to motherfucker For This Useful Post:

Mindfang (01-29-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10d 13h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Figured this might be the place to ask: what's the consensus on attaching a petpet to a bought UC? Should you avoid it all together or is there a certain amount of time that's reasonable to wait?