Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Should there be a price limit on UCs?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Okay so after the fact a couple of them have been sold that's what a least 100+ new pets in a few peoples possessions.

How can you be so ignorant to think that Gambling UC's is what killed the market....
    How did Tablo even get those pets? Why wasn't it stopped before he got more of those pets?

Like i said theres no one to blame but ourselves.
    So you can sit here and point fingers like a jackass, but all your doing is proving yourself to not take responsibility for things you have taken part of as well.

I'm not saying tablo, myself, you, andrew, and kat are innocent. But seriously you gonna try and point at everyone else but yourself?
    Fucking pathetic, go fix your thread you got "unfairly priced UC's", jackass.
    "others price their UCs now below the guide because 1) its slightly outdated , 2) they HAVE to due to a flooded market (see ryans post)"

Keep up the harassment lol, I dont see why you're getting so worked up hero.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I for one applaud all 3 of them for their creative marketing approaches. They are just like JD said, fighting monopolies.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettser View Post
    "others price their UCs now below the guide because 1) its slightly outdated , 2) they HAVE to due to a flooded market (see ryans post)"

Keep up the harassment lol, I dont see why you're getting so worked up hero.
    Kevin I'm not getting worked up. Trust me, idc.
    I just want you to realize that a mod going around pointing fingers at people is very unprofessional.

Before this flood of UC's you, myself and jake before we even teamed up. Have priced way below the guide prices to sell UC's faster. Why did we do it? because we can to get sales.
    So now that everyone has UC's and can do it too. It becomes all of their faults and not ours?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    1,446 times
    Time Online
    368d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by |2eap View Post
    Kevin I'm not getting worked up. Trust me, idc.
    I just want you to realize that a mod going around pointing fingers at people is very unprofessional.

Before this flood of UC's you, myself and jake before we even teamed up. Have priced way below the guide prices to sell UC's faster. Why did we do it? because we can to get sales.
    So now that everyone has UC's and can do it too. It becomes all of their faults and not ours?
    Yea but theres pricing low and then destroying the market with prices, huge difference, and the only fingers I pointed were at people who participated in the tablo gambling madness.

Anyways, were implementing a new pricing guide soon to hold on to a thread in the UC market.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    75/0
    Mentioned
    822 times
    Time Online
    111d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    I wouldnt be "harrassing" if you would have never tired to pick a bone with me in the first place.

Now I don't want to burn bridges with anyone. I respect all of you.
    But seriously its not a group of peoples fault, its ALL OF OURS.

I think I'm done here. G'day

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I don't think there's any reason for anybody to point fingers at anybody else. If you have sold UC's, you have contributed to their price decline. When there are more pets out there, the value of them goes down. People get iced sometimes, so that kinda plays a part as well. But ultimately, if you've sold UC's, you've put pets out in circulation, you've contributed to them being more available and less desired (even slightly). There was a time when certain types of pets were NOWHERE to be seen. Now, I know of at least a dozen of every type of pet out there. Things there I didn't think were around anymore, they were around, just hiding.

I don't follow the guide to a tee, I never have. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I did. In the end, the guide is just a guide. It's not set in stone. Some pets I saw as being too much, some as too little. There are pets listed on the guide, where if somebody asks me for a price, I will tell them a higher price. They may say, "but the guide says..." - that's great, but I'm selling higher. There are some where I will sell quite a bit lower because I think the price for that pet is insane.

Did certain events play a larger role than others in pushing prices a bit low? Absolutely.

There isn't just one person at fault. A lot of the bigger sellers are easy scapegoats in situations like these, but they are often the ones who get frustrated the most. All that supply, but they have to be smart about it and not go too low. I see people who pull a pet from an account list, or an unreg or something. They sometimes look at the price guide and cut their price in half. That's fine, whatever. They don't have as much of a stock as other people, so they have to compete somehow. I've been in that position, it's tough to get a hold and start making sales. But let's not get ridiculous guys. Use your heads, a little common sense from everybody and we will be fine.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

|2eap (11-12-2014),Drizzy (11-12-2014),♥ Munna ♥ (11-13-2014),Naomi (11-12-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1,992 times
    Time Online
    279d 19h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    JD it was always a guide suggesting prices, not a set pricing criteria
    You could sell lower or higher and I think both you and Kevin are fine with how you priced them so both ya'll needa chill, shake hands and move on.
    I can honestly say I've sold below guide prices, we all have, but not to the extreme extent that we're all witnessing now.
    This is what we're trying to stop before shit gets really outta control.
    With the recent chain of events we have no choice left but to regulate the prices.
    It's all fun and games until someone takes it too far.

So with that said, there will be a UC price criteria coming soon.

Hello I am retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrah
    Why would I need to buy from anyone else anyways? You're practically walmart
    (you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drizzy For This Useful Post:

|2eap (11-12-2014),Bettser (11-12-2014),Buizel (11-12-2014),I_royalty_I (11-12-2014),♥ Munna ♥ (11-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 times
    Time Online
    22d 1h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    To go back to the original post because I have no idea about who sells what really...

UCs can't and shouldn't be priced the same. An item is an item; if you buy a Ghostkerbomb from Seller A or a Ghosterkbomb from Seller B, the only difference is safety of the item. Thankfully the mods here do their best to ensure all sellers are selling safe items, unless otherwise noted. Same with NC and NP.

However, my UC Grey Cybunny and your UC Grey Cybunny are different. They have different names, different ages, and likely are different levels of "safe." There's also no way to cap it--my idea of VBN is XXCYBUNNIEXX but yours might be XXCYBUNN1E3XX_X2.

As a couple of people mentioned, this is also an issue of supply and demand. Less people are on Neo and more people are afraid of buying UCs now. Not to mention more people are quitting so they're selling off their UCs. There's an influx of UCs in the market and not as many people to buy them.
    @(you need an account to see links)'s guide still lists UCs as WAY cheaper than other sites out there. And as he mentioned, before you even get to the guide you have to read/scroll past the disclaimer. Guides and rules are different. Maybe the guide needs to be updated, but I bet you sellers will want to make a fast buck and that $15 UC Baby Kougra just became $7.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to parakeet For This Useful Post:

♥ Munna ♥ (11-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    13d 18h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    If changes are being made to the guide, might I suggest using /~Za as a base for some pets? That seems to be the guide that most people use now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    8d 7h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If I could just stick my nose in here for a second... market issues aside, the sale of UC's is SO incredibly subjective it's ridiculous. I bought a low-ish end UC from Andrew months back, and do you KNOW how many names we went through before I found one I liked? And this is from his list of "VWN" - meaning 6L or less. But (and these are completely made up names!) Catll is NOT the same as Veera. I would definitely not pay the same price for those two (again, completely made up) names. They're both 5L, they're both capped, but they don't quite have the same "value" to me, and I'm sure a LOT of potential buyers think the same way. If you're going to regulate prices, that's gonna make it a HELL of a lot more difficult.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meeseeks For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (11-12-2014),♥ Munna ♥ (11-13-2014)