34/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Great White North View Post
    One of the doctors I work with is big into 3D printing. I recently went to a conference and saw a bunch of neat 3D printed medical devices. I am hoping to pair up with them to create some things! I know nothing about it and how it works so it will be a journey!

Not sure if this is a thing but can you 3D print with a soft silicone material?
    Yes, the material is called TPU(Thermoplastic Polyurethane). I have a spool of some, it's probably a little harder than silicon, but it's flexible and printable. Think unlimited garden hose gaskets and RC car wheels.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bitbean For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (06-08-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    I just bought a Prusa MK4 with enclosure, I am really excited to start printing again!

My last print was a Prusa resin printer but it got stolen out of my garage

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I work at a library lucky enough to have been gifted a 3d printer by a donor, but it can't print anything nearly as clean looking as what you've done! It's a pretty old model and it really doesn't like highly-detailed stuff or anything taller than a few centimeters lol

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    Quote Originally Posted by balzabul View Post
    I work at a library lucky enough to have been gifted a 3d printer by a donor, but it can't print anything nearly as clean looking as what you've done! It's a pretty old model and it really doesn't like highly-detailed stuff or anything taller than a few centimeters lol
    I did some tooling around with a pretty old 3D printer a couple years ago and it was fun, but similarly limited. Have been low-key thinking of looking into tutorials to convert it into a pen plotter of some sort.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

balzabul (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    242d 13h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    this is so cool! i've always wanted to have my own 3d printer. but the electricity costs here is increasing every couple of months. it's like 0.21/kwh at the moment from the cheapest electricity provider.
    i have a shrimp aquarium running in my house. and with the chiller, lights, fans, submersible pumps and what not, it's slowly starting to add up.
    electricity aside, i've heard it's pretty noisy (which you have already mentioned) and it's something like a heat generator? my chiller has already increased my ambient temperature by about 1°F. not sure if that's a wise choice. lul.

Pronouns
    ✿💿✿
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    9d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    My Ender 3 & I are not currently speaking. Everything has been going great, until suddenly it decides to clog on my day off... Pfft. Like sure, I wasn't planning on printing a purse holder for my car that would've took 8 hours when I could've bought it from the store for cheap. It's cool.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 15h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by gobblegum View Post
    My Ender 3 & I are not currently speaking. Everything has been going great, until suddenly it decides to clog on my day off... Pfft. Like sure, I wasn't planning on printing a purse holder for my car that would've took 8 hours when I could've bought it from the store for cheap. It's cool.
    If it's still a bowden tube stock ender, take out the heatbrake, rub some thermal grease on it. Make sure the ptfe tube is in there tight and everything is cranked down good. Heat it up to 260ish and retighten everything again. I promise(as long as your nozzle isn't damaged) your clogs will be gone. I just went through this with my aliexpress chimera clone after being spoiled by nice micro swiss DD extruder.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bitbean For This Useful Post:

gobblegum (11-19-2023)