Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 5h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Oh boy I can't wait for them to fuck up the NC UCs! Imagine them trying to implement some sort of gacha element to it?

I'm gonna do a hard pass on buying these. RNG has completely been screwing me over lately and like we've already seen, a lot of these look atrocious on certain pets. Like if they're not compatible with a lot of species why not just sell them separately in the mall like with all the Be-Gone items? Sell them in a package with the Mouth-Be-Gone only available if you buy the set? Technically that's the only way to get the Body-Be-Gone so....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fiore For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-21-2023),Polorin (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her 🌙
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    15d 15h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiore View Post
    Oh boy I can't wait for them to fuck up the NC UCs! Imagine them trying to implement some sort of gacha element to it?
    i was thinking about it and that sounds like the perfect solution to them. they know uc trading is one of the most popular activities in the website. if they just release any ucs the person wants in the nc mall there is a possibility they're just buying it, getting tired after a while and leaving...

if they implement some gacha (like, idk, we have several uc pbs, each one of a color, but you get a random pet from each color), the uc trading continues and they get more money with people trying their luck...

i hope i'm wrong about that, hahah

edit: another idea... there is only one ucifier item. the person uses on their pet and they get a random uc color available to that pet species
    Last edited by Polorin; 04-21-2023 at 09:46 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Polorin For This Useful Post:

Fiore (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    42 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m

I'm gonna do a hard pass on buying these. RNG has completely been screwing me over lately and like we've already seen, a lot of these look atrocious on certain pets. Like if they're not compatible with a lot of species why not just sell them separately in the mall like with all the Be-Gone items? Sell them in a package with the Mouth-Be-Gone only available if you buy the set? Technically that's the only way to get the Body-Be-Gone so....
    Yes imagine: You can only buy the Faerie Ucifier but you can not choose the species and end up with a UC Faerie Moehog. (I personally like UC Fae Moes, they're cute ^^)
    The Drama!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sneasel For This Useful Post:

Fiore (04-21-2023),Polorin (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    15d 11h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Meepit View Post
    Tnt needs to fuck off with this shit. Mouth be gone should have been with the other be gone items.
    WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE MOUTH OR EYES BE-GONE TO USE THE EXPRESSIONS!!! Lots of items remove the body part underneath to make them work!!!! THEY SHOULD JUST WORK ON THEIR OWN!
    UGH sorry for yelling it's just so absolutely egregeous.
    🔗(you need an account to see links)

💖 meme inspo : Dita and Cat Purrson 💖
    orig. + more memes in (you need an account to see links)
    🌵 Cactus Ryu : Great White North🌵

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to howdy For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-21-2023),CadmiumYellow (04-21-2023),Fiore (04-21-2023),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-21-2023),Merit (04-21-2023),Polorin (04-21-2023),Pringle (04-21-2023),♥ Sneasel ♥ (04-21-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    191 times
    Time Online
    122d 17h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Ricos second ticket response comes across as so fucking passive aggressive borderline rude and just. DAMN.
    Who said the playerbase wanted gacha premium items to use another? Just
    dunno what to do with this...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hydrapple For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-21-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m

The killing part is that NC UCs only became a thing when users exposed (twice) that it's just a link to UC a pet.

So if they manage to fuck up just setting that link up in a way we can utilize it as players with NC, then I'll be floored lol.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Fiore (04-22-2023),howdy (04-21-2023),Pringle (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 8h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by howdy View Post
    WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO USE MOUTH OR EYES BE-GONE TO USE THE EXPRESSIONS!!! Lots of items remove the body part underneath to make them work!!!! THEY SHOULD JUST WORK ON THEIR OWN!
    UGH sorry for yelling it's just so absolutely egregeous.
    I figured the items are because they are using a different layer. The mouths should just replace the mouth though but I do want a mouth be gone item. I dont want to use the shitty mouths they made lol I just want to give my pets stupid ass faces. I really wouldn't have cared that much to get it from the regular mall but fuck that cap bullshit.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Fiore (04-22-2023),howdy (04-21-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Yeah, I actually have done a full turn around back to my original stance and I am definitely in the minority here which I have accepted. Although I understand people's frustration, the more I think through it (after everything has been clearly stated which Ive addressed before), it really doesn't make sense to me.

The items clearly dont read "Smiling Eyes", its new items. Not old items. It's wrong because that's not how things work around here? Re-releasing dw or htg items isnt how it used to work around here or the much anticipated releasing of an item to make nc ucs. Why is it a problem in one example and not the other? (I mean it is depending on who you ask..) Because of the feeling its a money grab adding another item to make the expressions work? Neopets is not a charity though, unless you count the site being free () Thats clearly a joke but are we saying they shouldnt try to make more $$? They have every right and should maximize their profits, its a little wild to me that people think otherwise about a business. If someone can explain to me why they think it's wrong that a struggling business shouldnt try to maximize their profits, I dont really see why. Profit for a business doesn't always = for the money eating bad guys. Within a business there are employees and growth. Now the important part about all of this, is that consumers wont buy it if they *actually* feel like its a rip off, and TNT won't replicate it if it doesn't sell. Be-gone items themself were already a hit, it just wasnt a hit when it meant people had to spend more for this 'expansion pack'. Thats the test. Somehow these caps are selling preeetty well so far given how vocal the outrage has been.

Gambling? Caps have been a thing for years. There's always been gambling. But is this now a problem people cant stand? Also, lootboxes and case openings are huge in the industry, its very normalized...especially in free-to-play games as its an effective practice so that these games can be free. Just going to add I don't agree with gambling being such a normal practice in the gaming industry, just don't think it's a bone to pick with the smaller struggling sites because it's convenient to my own funds.

It's a children's site promoting gambling? Lets be real here, its a children's site where majority of its player base are not children. Children also CANNOT buy NC. You have to be 18 and over or have parental guidance. Also reinforced with needing a paypal or credit card in which both require being 18+. So I don't understand this point at all.

One last thing regarding the LE, you dont need 20 LE BGs for the 20 expressions you have. You need 1 LE BGM per pet...not per an expression.

I am genuinely all ears if someone has a better point to be made on why they think this is just completely wrong or if they want to address any of the above. We might just disagree, and that's okay. This is just how I see it but I hope they release something that makes everyone feel better later...like nc ucs. Now would be a fantastic time.
    Last edited by Moon; 04-21-2023 at 11:28 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Moon For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-21-2023)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    354d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree personally, Moon. I and many others outside of ck believe this to be an unethical way to introduce a feature users have been asking for for some time now.

Hopefully TNT still takes the feedback overall about this items handling into account if they do make any changes to it going forward.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

howdy (04-21-2023),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-22-2023),Ice (04-21-2023),Merit (04-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 17h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    @(you need an account to see links) sure ND/JS has the right to monetize the service/product they are providing us for free but that doesn't make them absolved of criticism for their shitty management/decisions (on ND/JS part) and lack of legitimate transparency/listening to your paying players' concerns. sure they are free to do whatever they want and if we don't like it we can leave and honestly I really hope a lot of NC whales DO leave and/or pull their spending over this. speaking with your wallet is probably one of the most impactful things customers can do and it's high time they cut off their spending that goes straight into ND/JS directors' pockets, who don't give a fuck about the integrity of the Neopets IP and the classic website. honestly I'm so sick of it at this point I rather the site shut down and us all be free of this bullshittery to spend our money elsewhere than pay their salary lol

also I'd punch Rico in the face with some brass knuckles, the guy is absolutely asking for it

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Buizel (04-22-2023),howdy (04-21-2023),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (04-22-2023),Merit (04-25-2023)