Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    21d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    I'm going to have to pay for it because I'm hallucinating about pulling my teeth myself BUT when I leave the dentist I'll go to the health insurance offices and...

*Deep breath*
    I'm sorry you are sick and I hope you get better soon. I guess it's something like a cold?
    It may be a cheaper option for you to fly to mexico for medical tourism. I gave up on getting healthcare in the US and now just make the ~5 hr drive to the closest border town where there are lovely doctors and dentists who speak English and charge >1/5th of what the same thing costs in the US.
    Depends on what part of the US you live in of course. I hope you find something that works for you </3 healthcare/dental care absolutely sucks

back on neopets god save us all

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fool For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (02-16-2023),kittyray (02-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 7h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    oh we hating on wisdom teeth today???

FUCK wisdom teeth. Mine started growing in during my early 20s 1) straight and 2) with enough room in my mouth, so I was just going to have bonus teeth. But then the little shits just stopped growing in all the way so they were partially exposed, partially still under little pockets in my gums. It was a nightmare. They were CONSTANTLY infected. But because the teeth were growing in straight my insurance wouldn't deem their removal a necessity even though I was living life with constant mouth and throat pain. Had to save and pay out of pocket for it.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this @(you need an account to see links), it's awful. I hope you're able to get some relief soon.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (02-16-2023),Cinnamoroll (03-15-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (02-16-2023),kittyray (02-16-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    71d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    59m
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    I went to the ER dentist because this morning I was in hellish pain and it turns out my wisdom teeth are coming in. Two wisdom teeth. Thirty years. I am thirty years old and I have two wisdom teeth coming in. Right there I found out that my health insurance does not cover the extractions and the price. They almost had to put me in the hospital.

And I'm mad because I'M 30 AND MY WISDOM TEETH ARE COME IN. Mother Nature definitely hates me.

some options...i literally had to get my wisdom tooth extracted last thursday lol.
    my job has crappy insurance plan but they offered aflac as a supplemental insurance which saved me. they offer a dental plan and it builds up benefits the longer you keep the plan. my 1 extraction was 69$ which is still quite a bit but better than 400$ for 1 tooth. I wasnt put to sleep so it was cheaper and the extraction took 5min. if the tooth is already showing and they dont need to use a scalpel then ur golden. took that sucker right out i was in shock and accused my dentist that she was lying and that it was someone elses tooth lmao.

idk if ur state offers aflac but they dont take a lot out of your paycheck but id look into it. the other thing is going to dental schools near you. Its usually free and offers the students to learn but of course they are students...and learning but they are always accompanied by a trained DDS.

***it took 3 months to receive the coverage tho for extractions for aflac to kick in
    Last edited by housez; 02-16-2023 at 12:29 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to housez For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (02-16-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 13h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    It may be a cheaper option for you to fly to mexico for medical tourism. I gave up on getting healthcare in the US and now just make the ~5 hr drive to the closest border town where there are lovely doctors and dentists who speak English and charge >1/5th of what the same thing costs in the US.
    Depends on what part of the US you live in of course. I hope you find something that works for you </3 healthcare/dental care absolutely sucks
    I feel like this is getting beyond "petty" but I haaaate that medical tourism has to be a thing. Like it's one thing if there's somebody who is truly an expert in a specific procedure or condition and you travel to see them or go to a certain clinic, but doing it out of financial necessity feels so grim. I'm job searching right now and I'm realizing/remembering that as a chronically ill individual, the details of the medical benefits matter wayyyy more than total compensation.

Also, @(you need an account to see links) what a nightmare. Gotta love when insurance is like "well if we phrase the situation in this one specific way then everything is peachy, so nothing needs to be done, so coverage denied, not accepting criticism".
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    426 times
    Time Online
    122d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I know most here are from the US and it's natural for you to assume that I am too, but I still find it funny because actually English isn't even my first language. I'm on the other side of the continent so yes, I'm a bit far from Mexico. hahaha
    In general, medical tourism is very common here, but people usually come to my country and not the other way around. Something similar should happen in Mexico, for foreigners it is cheap but for natives it is very expensive. The economy is also something that annoys me and it's not petty either. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    oh we hating on wisdom teeth today???

FUCK wisdom teeth. Mine started growing in during my early 20s 1) straight and 2) with enough room in my mouth, so I was just going to have bonus teeth. But then the little shits just stopped growing in all the way so they were partially exposed, partially still under little pockets in my gums. It was a nightmare. They were CONSTANTLY infected. But because the teeth were growing in straight my insurance wouldn't deem their removal a necessity even though I was living life with constant mouth and throat pain. Had to save and pay out of pocket for it.

I'm sorry you're having to go through this @(you need an account to see links), it's awful. I hope you're able to get some relief soon.
    This also bothers me. Why isn't the doctor on our side? They might say "ok, this is horrible, it hurts like sh*t, let's find a way to get health insurance to get their *ss off to help".
    My money or insurance money is the same. But it's less likely that I can actually afford it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by housez View Post
    some options...i literally had to get my wisdom tooth extracted last thursday lol.
    my job has crappy insurance plan but they offered aflac as a supplemental insurance which saved me. they offer a dental plan and it builds up benefits the longer you keep the plan. my 1 extraction was 69$ which is still quite a bit but better than 400$ for 1 tooth. I wasnt put to sleep so it was cheaper and the extraction took 5min. if the tooth is already showing and they dont need to use a scalpel then ur golden. took that sucker right out i was in shock and accused my dentist that she was lying and that it was someone elses tooth lmao.

idk if ur state offers aflac but they dont take a lot out of your paycheck but id look into it. the other thing is going to dental schools near you. Its usually free and offers the students to learn but of course they are students...and learning but they are always accompanied by a trained DDS.

***it took 3 months to receive the coverage tho for extractions for aflac to kick in
    I don't know if something like that applies here, but I'll find out! The reality is that I have to change my health insurance for a more expensive one. I'm tired of paying a fortune every month so that when I need something from them, they don't cover any expenses and can only offer their condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I feel like this is getting beyond "petty" but I haaaate that medical tourism has to be a thing. Like it's one thing if there's somebody who is truly an expert in a specific procedure or condition and you travel to see them or go to a certain clinic, but doing it out of financial necessity feels so grim. I'm job searching right now and I'm realizing/remembering that as a chronically ill individual, the details of the medical benefits matter wayyyy more than total compensation.

Also, @(you need an account to see links) what a nightmare. Gotta love when insurance is like "well if we phrase the situation in this one specific way then everything is peachy, so nothing needs to be done, so coverage denied, not accepting criticism".
    Medical tourism is somewhat controversial here. We have a public health system, which is synonymous with free health, and the country's borders are open, which means that neighboring countries do not need a visa to access or attend our hospitals. I agree with this; it is inhumane to let people suffer or die because they don't have enough money. BUT it has its consequences because the demand is very high, and when you want an appointment with a doctor, you may have to wait a month. Or maybe more. I went to look for the dentist at the hospital and there is a waiting list until mid-March. In the private office they treat me tomorrow if I can pay it.

Well I think I talked too much lol when I forget about the pain I remember how angry I am.
    Thank you all for your good wishes, today I feel a little better♥

Pixie♥ ~
    Hatched 11/13/2020
    Chibi Grey Faerie by ♥ Wooloo ♥

Both Grey Pixel Pixie by the Honeycomb

my ubs by Lyrichord

Ryupocalypse 07-15-2021
    Grey love faerie by Houndoom

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreyFaerie For This Useful Post:

fool (02-17-2023),kittyray (02-16-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Not petty, but I'm so pissed off at how job hunting works, at least in the US. [rant incoming]
    Applying for jobs online feels like throwing your resume into a black void.
    Whether or not you qualify for a job, it's a total crapshoot whether or not your resume will even make it past the automatic screening software, let alone into the hands of an actual person.
    And then that actual person is just someone from HR who doesn't actually know anything about the job and is just looking for some keywords or specific phrases.
    Doesn't matter how dedicated of a worker you are or how much you'd excel at a job, if it's not written in black & white, 0's and 1's that you have done the job for 5+ years and are the perfect candidate, the hiring manager will probably never see your resume.
    Changing careers feels absolutely impossible. It's like you're pigeonholed into doing the same thing you've been doing since you left school, no matter what that 1 thing is, even if it's not what you went to school for.
    I have a BS in Biology that I can't even use because it's not a masters and I didn't go to med school/nursing school/etc. And I don't even want to use it, I want a job in tech, but that doesn't seem to want to happen either.

I'm currently on a break from job hunting since I'm due to have a baby soon, but even before the break, I'd been searching for a job for MONTHS with no luck. I got a couple interviews that went nowhere and innumerable automated rejection emails. It's so disheartening
    I have no idea how people even get hired anymore who aren't like... seniors that have been in the field for a decade. How do people get entry level jobs even??
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (03-15-2023),Cinnamoroll (03-15-2023),kittyray (03-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    706 times
    Time Online
    83d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Not necessarily angry or petty just annoyed with myself - I took Monday and Tuesday off this week as I just got back from a weekend in Los Angeles late Monday night. However, I’m now regretting not taking off the entire week because I have a mid-term exam and a huge project for school all due this week but won’t have much time if I’m working. And I think I’m getting sick potentially? Thankfully not from travelling though. I’ve realised I may have caught a bug from work before I left but brushed it off as a dry throat from the weather change we had.
    Maybe if I’m “lucky” I will get sick and have to stay home?? But I’ll still have to do school work so 🥲

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Not necessarily angry or petty just annoyed with myself - I took Monday and Tuesday off this week as I just got back from a weekend in Los Angeles late Monday night. However, I’m now regretting not taking off the entire week because I have a mid-term exam and a huge project for school all due this week but won’t have much time if I’m working. And I think I’m getting sick potentially? Thankfully not from travelling though. I’ve realised I may have caught a bug from work before I left but brushed it off as a dry throat from the weather change we had.
    Maybe if I’m “lucky” I will get sick and have to stay home?? But I’ll still have to do school work so 🥲
    Uff, I hope everything works out for you. It's definitely a struggle working + going to school.
    I'm looking forward to the day I only have to focus on one thing at a time. I'm not the greatest with time management so it's been hectic.
    I also hope you get better soon. Being sick is no fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Today I'm angry about having to do "trainings" for two of my jobs. I'm just over it. Online trainings that last for HOURS and I really cannot be bothered to do these!

Signature by Wave's Signatures Factory
    Thank you for my Ryu bar Great White North!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    16d 10h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Here’s a petty thing I think most people can relate to lol

Why is there never anything to eat? Even if I just went grocery shopping 2 days ago, it feels like I open the fridge and want… absolutely nothing in there xD
    Custom userbar/avvie by the lovely @(you need an account to see links)

Beautiful starbirb Ryu, Meteion, by the talented @(you need an account to see links)!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dasvidaniya For This Useful Post:

♥ lint ♥ (03-16-2023),macaronbae (03-16-2023)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    My blood sugars.. I'm a type one diabetic. Past few days I've had super low sugars. Like back to back... I caved and bought some Peeps. Still low sugars...

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

kittyray (03-15-2023)