Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween or Autumn movies/shows?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    Do you also remember Don't Look Under The Bed on Disney?!
    I've never even heard of that! It looks like 1970s is based off the cover! I wonder if it's on any streaming services.

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    Do you also remember Don't Look Under The Bed on Disney?!
    I've never even heard of that! It looks like 1970s is based off the cover! I wonder if it's on any streaming services.
    OMG yes! With the boogie man!! I loved the make up and costume work on that movie!

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    140 times
    Time Online
    13d 15h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelcake View Post
    OMG yes! With the boogie man!! I loved the make up and costume work on that movie!
    YESSSS it's another movie no one knows what I'm talking about!

(you need an account to see links)

•  •  •  •  •  •  •  • 

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Yeah it from the late 1960s its on some streaming places and i think it might be on You Tube.
    But its actually really funny, comedy horror - some old films are really good - like the old Wolf Man from 1941 (im not that old i promise haha)

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

hearts (09-01-2022)

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Quote Originally Posted by hearts View Post
    YESSSS it's another movie no one knows what I'm talking about!

Yesss I love that movie, while ago my mum didnt remember it so we watched it. She asked me how did this not scare kids, Hey it was the 90s/2000s we were tough !

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-31-2022),hearts (09-01-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 12h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    ALRIGHT GANG $(you need an account to see links) knuckles*

I like to rattle off my favorite horror movies in genre of horror movie because it's impossible for me to narrow it down to just a few otherwise. Here's a round one of favorites.

Haunted House: Hausu (1977)

There's a critic review out there of Hausu that comments that if you took some bad acid and crashed a teenage girl's slumber party, it would be about like watching Hausu. Yep. Hausu is definitely a horror movie, we've got pianos eating teenage girls alive and demonic cat paintings puking out seas of blood, of course it's a horror movie, but the tone is so jubilant and cheerful that it's obvious that being scared is not really the point. Do not watch Hausu if you want a coherent plot and genuine scares. Watch Hausu if you want to cry-laugh for 90 minutes straight while asking "what the fuck is going on???" every thirty seconds. I LOVE this movie.

Demon/Possession: Evil Dead 2 (1987)

I feel like this one doesn't require any explanation so here's a picture of me meeting Bruce Campbell to have him autograph one of my Evil Dead 2 posters :')

The Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, and Army of Darkness is mandatory viewing imo

Werewolf: Cat People (1982)

I wish I could say that I only like this movie for its fantastic score by Giorgio Moroder but it would be a lie. I genuinely love this movie about incestuous were-panthers. Cat People refers to itself as an "erotic horror" film and sex is a main plot element, but there actually is surprisingly little gratuitous nudity that isn't part of the plot.

Vampire: Near Dark (1987)

I was very lucky to get to see a theater screening of Near Dark recently where the host explained Near Dark as not so much being a vampire movie as it is a movie about very complicated people. That's a great way to describe it. Near Dark is a brooding, thoughtful, beautifully shot, gorgeously scored (by Tangerine Dream!!) western vampire movie starring Bill Paxton in his best role ever. And if you happen to be an Aliens fan, why yes that is indeed Bishop, Hudson, and Vasquez starring together as a gang of murderous vampires.

Zombie (Serious): Dawn of the Dead (1978)

There's a lot of stellar zombie movies out there but the OG Dawn of the Dead will always have my whole heart. It's a sequel to Night of the Living Dead but you don't have to have any knowledge of Night to enjoy Dawn. Dawn of the Dead drops you right into the chaos of a news station trying to navigate a zombie apocalypse and everything just goes to hell from there. I highly recommend following up Dawn of the Dead with Day of the Dead if just for the compare of the opening scenes alone, which complement each other brilliantly as a pair.

Zombie (Comedy): Braindead (aka, Dead Alive) (1992)

this is a realllllly hard category to pick a favorite for because there are so many amazing ones. Shout out to Planet Terror, Return of the Living Dead, Zombie Flesheater, and Zombi 2. But this is the king of them all. I cannot fucking believe they let Peter Jackson make the Lord of the Rings movies after he made this.

Witch: Suspiria (1977)

the most gorgeous horror movie ever made, with one of the greatest horror scores ever written

Slasher (Serious): Maniac (1980)

I am not a big slasher person (unless we're talking Christmas slashers - those exist in a galaxy of their own). I think they're boring. I'd have to be forcibly restrained to watch a Friday the 13th movie. Maniac is a rare exception, and it's really only the ending that I love so much. But holy shit. That ending.

Slasher (Comedy): Slumber Party Massacre 2 (1987)

you ever seen a comically ludicrous black comedy horror movie featuring a bunch of himbos and bimbos being slaughtered by a rockabilly musician with his deadly guitar/drill???? WELL NOW YOU'RE GOING TO

Mad Scientist (Serious): Eyes Without a Face (1960) and yes this came before the Billy Idol song

An asshole plastic surgeon causes a car wreck which disfigures his beautiful daughter. To "save" her, he begins killing other women to try and transplant their skin to his daughter to fix her appearance. Meanwhile, the daughter herself is held captive as a prisoner/test subject in her own home, forced to wear a porcelain mask to hide her ruined face, not permitted any mirrors, windows, or contact with the outside world. This movie is very poetic in nature rather than gory or jump scare, it's tragically beautiful, and possibly has my favorite ending to a movie ever.

Mad Scientist (Comedy): Frankenhooker (1990)

Bill Murry himself advocates for this absolute fucking treasure of a movie. I don't like super ironic, deliberately funny horror movies generally speaking. I'm suspicious of horror movies that have funny titles. The movies always feel like the title is the punchline to the one single joke the movie has. Not this one. This one is fantastic. I beg of you, if you like dark adult comedy, watch this movie

Bogeyman: Phantasm (1979)

BOOOOY!

Science Fiction Horror that does not feature Sigourney Weaver: Dark City (1998)

this one gets a trailer instead of a poster because the trailer is some good shit. If you do ever end up watching Dark City, try to rent the director's cut, not the theatrical release. Dark City in its intended form was deemed too mysterious and confusing for audiences (it's not) by its distributor, so they slapped an opening narration that explains the plot onto the beginning of the movie. Lame. Watch the director's cut if you can and enjoy discovery wtf is going on alongside the amnesiac main character.
    Last edited by Alister; 09-02-2022 at 03:01 PM.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Bea (08-31-2022),Cat Purrson (08-31-2022),chii3d (08-31-2022),dustyc (08-31-2022),hearts (08-31-2022),Raposa (08-31-2022),Zenitsu (09-09-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    134/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    64d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Omg that film used to scare the hell out of me (Dont Look Under The Bed)
    When hes crawling along the floor with those eyes, fuck sake!! I was a proper scardy kid.

But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart
    I will always be with you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bea For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    When I was little, my family watched the Poltergeist (fucking creepy) and The Ring which fucking TRAUMATIZED me. That girl in the movie was SO fucking scary to me as a child

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

hearts (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Have ya'll seen the trailer for the upcoming Adams Family show on netflix ''Wednesday''?
    I'm really looking forward to it!

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kibba For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (09-01-2022),hearts (08-31-2022),Jackalope (08-31-2022),Narkotiq (08-31-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    80 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibba View Post
    Have ya'll seen the trailer for the upcoming Adams Family show on netflix ''Wednesday''?
    I'm really looking forward to it!

I'm so excited for this! Obviously no one will ever be the og Addam's but they cast this SO WELL! I LOVE that Gomez Addams is going to be, ya know, Latino.

Also SPEAKING OF NETFLIX!
    I literally cannot wait for Wendell & Wild. Jordan Peele and Henry Selick working together to basically prove Tim Burton is wrong AF that POC don't fit his aesthetic which tbh is actually Selick's aesthetic but is attributed to Burton.
    Literally fuck this:
    “I remember back when I was a child watching ‘The Brady Bunch,’ and they started to get all politically correct, like, ‘OK, let’s have an Asian child and a black’— I used to get more offended by [seemingly forced representation] … I grew up watching blaxploitation movies, right? And I said, ‘that’s great.’ I didn’t go like, ‘OK, there should be more white people in these movies.’”

According to the Washington Post, Burton further expressed his views to editor Rachel Simon that “things either call for things, or they don’t.”
    POC punk kid in a stop motion spook film all gd day. Tim Burton's movies will always have a special place in my heart but his opinions are dogshit.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

dustyc (08-31-2022),hearts (08-31-2022),Kibba (08-31-2022),kittyray (08-31-2022),Raposa (08-31-2022)