Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Book/Book Series?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by shaka View Post
    i enjoyed twilight when i first read it too. it wasnt like a+ literature but ,,, i really like vampires and werewolves that look like actual wolves. it was fun without being too challenging ig

ive been really into gothic literature lately. house of leaves is like, really good? and i didnt expect phantom of the opera to be but its really fun drama, just didnt like how they handled raoul, i still prefer his movie self
    I�m curious, I personally enjoyed the twilight movies, as a book fan what did y�all think of them?

Also my favourite books are atlas shrugged and fountainhead, I�m a major ayn rand fan (to most of my friends dismay)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    34 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by realisticerror View Post
    I’m curious, I personally enjoyed the twilight movies, as a book fan what did y’all think of them?

Also my favourite books are atlas shrugged and fountainhead, I’m a major ayn rand fan (to most of my friends dismay)
    i enjoyed the first two movies, but i never watched the rest, i had already moved on from my twilight phase ig. but i honestly liked them? i mean, theyre not cinematic wonders but for my younger self they were fun. great soundtrack too. just wish they casted someone dif for edward, not a big fan of his rl looks. i also feel like he was a tad more creepy in the movies than in the books? but maybe thats just me

also i had a big crush on bella lmao 10/10 girl

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    133 times
    Time Online
    55d 4h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by shaka View Post
    i enjoyed the first two movies, but i never watched the rest, i had already moved on from my twilight phase ig. but i honestly liked them? i mean, theyre not cinematic wonders but for my younger self they were fun. great soundtrack too. just wish they casted someone dif for edward, not a big fan of his rl looks. i also feel like he was a tad more creepy in the movies than in the books? but maybe thats just me

also i had a big crush on bella lmao 10/10 girl
    It wasn’t just you, he was super creepy in the movies, I really like R pats in his other roles though. I think the reason people make fun of the acting is the writing and directing called for stiff performances and that’s what they were given, both of the mains have done amazing acting outside of the Twilight movies.

I concur with that last part lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    well my favourite genre is true crime/mystery. i've read too many good books to pick favourites. i'd be here all night/day just giving everyone suggestions

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by obstaclez View Post
    well my favourite genre is true crime/mystery. i've read too many good books to pick favourites. i'd be here all night/day just giving everyone suggestions
    hmmm i'm kinda interested in getting into this genre.. wanna recommend atleast 1 to me hehe
    - 火災

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    7h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I'm not much of a reader, but Harry Potter has always been able to keep me captivated (:

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 18h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Todoroki View Post
    hmmm i'm kinda interested in getting into this genre.. wanna recommend atleast 1 to me hehe
    Let's see, last one I sat down and read was the autobiographies of the Cleveland kidnapping survivors. Two separate books really, one by one girl, and one by the other two. I liked them both!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to obstaclez For This Useful Post:

Todoroki (07-21-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 11h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've always had a soft spot for the Maximum Ride series and anything that has to do with the Percy Jackson world (including the Norse and Egyptian series).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    1d 16h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    My favorite was also the Inheritance Cycle. It's very well described and the worldbuilding is very deep and detailed. Brisingr is the best name for a sword ever. The ending was so disappointing though...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    10h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. I love Conrad and find that book to be a literary masterpiece that blends poetics and novella narrative to perfection.