Thread: What is with all this Cache talk?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

What is with all this Cache talk?

I have been away from Neopets for about a year and I see everyone talking about cache UC pets and accounts etc.. so I was just wondering if someone can explain to me what caching is and why is it important.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Ok so in basic terms a cache is like a photograph of a page that is saved and backed up on the web. Lets say a page hasn't been visited in a long long time then it might not have a cache. Going to a website/page repeatedly can cache it or take a photo of it to store online. Not normal looking caches is how some people judge a pet or acct to be illegit. Hope that helps i am not good at explaining things

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

For example lets say there is an acct that has not been used in years but has a uc faerie draik. Immagine someone gains access to the draik and transfers it away to a different account. Now the pet might not have a cache as it wasn't viewed recently. If the poster were to try to trade it some certain pcers will jump all over the pet for not having a cache and the person could be reported for having a stolen pet. If it has a cache it might show the previous owners name on it. The account would look like it wasn't acessed in a while to suddenly trading away a pet randomly. So cache are very important
    .(you need an account to see links)
    good link if you want to try looking up cached pages to see what they look like

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thanks, so is it better to get my main account cached or does it not really matter unless I am going to be buying and trading stolen pets?

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    14d 22h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Chances are your main acct already has a cache. Personally I don't really worry about it to much you probably shouldnt unless your buying or trading or using accounts that haven't been accessed in a while.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    32d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Short version: the pc is hell. never go there. enjoy your newly purchased ucs. @(you need an account to see links) will hook you up with a cache.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cabbage For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-16-2014)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Well after about a year I decided to get back into neo again, I was chain iced after using some bad proxies and lost my original main I have had for over 10 years so I took some time off but out of all my accounts I found 1 shell that I had that wasn't chained so I decided to turn that into my new main, but that probably already has a cache even though I hadn't logged in for a really long time.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    143 times
    Time Online
    34d 23h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterplayer44 View Post
    Well after about a year I decided to get back into neo again, I was chain iced after using some bad proxies and lost my original main I have had for over 10 years so I took some time off but out of all my accounts I found 1 shell that I had that wasn't chained so I decided to turn that into my new main, but that probably already has a cache even though I hadn't logged in for a really long time.
    You can check to see if it has a cache by googling the URL for your userlookup

Thanks Munna for this qt signature <3
    Thanks Air for my awesome avatar!

Queso Bandito

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    If you want to update your userlookup cache use this link

(you need an account to see links)

Wouldn't recommend using this on pets though as they double image majority of the time.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Thanks for the tips, I probably won't bother until I end up buying a BD pet since I am too lazy to train one myself, at which time I will also end up paying for @(you need an account to see links) service in that situation to make sure it gets done properly.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterplayer44 For This Useful Post:

Cheese (09-16-2014)