DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Pyxis evolve to last stage! So I'm going to leave this here and then go away slowly

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Alister (03-05-2023),Ariealle (03-03-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    189 times
    Time Online
    85d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I've got a fish now! First time Just went from chameleon to it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aero For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (03-03-2023),DarkSkies (03-03-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I rerolled but ended up just evolving, which I know has happened to some of you. I've been taking a pretty loose attitude, so I'm not too fussed, though.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (03-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Hey guys! Some questions for you.

I came back after a long hiatus, like 1+ year. I had what according to this post would be a lvl 1 Fox. He had very low luck, like 0 or .5 stars. I took care of him and kept him up at full hearts since I've been back (couple weeks maybe?) and his luck rose a tiny bit, but it was still very low. I had been logging in every day and checking up on him but I got busy and didn't log in for a few days. I came back and now looking at the chart here it looks like this is a lvl 1 Deer. But his luck is very high - 4.5 out of 5 stars!

Did my poor fox die? Or was it that he tried to evolve but his luck was so low (<2 stars) that he failed his evolution and switched to a Deer instead?

I also have some general questions (sorry there's so many, I read the main post but haven't searched through the entire thread here):
    1. Does luck reset to 5 stars every time a Ryu evovles, whether successfully or failed?
    2. How do you gain/lose luck? Is it about your Ryu's hearts, or about how often you specifically interact with your Ryu? Can you gain luck by interacting with other peoples Ryus? (Likewise, if other people are helping take care of my Ryu and feeding/scooping/playing, so he is always at maximum hearts but I personally am never the one taking care of him, is that detrimental and will cause his luck to fall becuase it looks like I'm neglecting him despite being full hearts at all times?)
    3. Will a failed evolution always be a horizontal move? For example, will a lvl 2 Fox who fails to evolve become lvl 2 of a random non-Fox species? Or can it still gain a level (ie it fails lvl 2 Fox, but becomes lvl 3 Flower instead)? Or, on the other hand, will it reset?
    4. Is an evolution just a random thing that happens in the background? Is there any warning/notification/signs that your Ryu would display that would indicate "oh it's about to evolve/it's going to evolve soon" (I know it's generally a 21-28 days time, but I mean something that you could know just by looking at the Ryu, or if you aren't tracking how long it's been etc.)
    5. Is there any way to see when your Ryu was first hatched/it's previous evolution date?
    6. If you Ryu is at lvl 3 (last evolution branch) what happens then? Does it still roll to evolve every 21-28 days and a "success" just means that it stays the way it is and doesn't branch hop? If that's the case, what happens if it fails - does it revert to level 1 (I guess the second half would be answered by question 3)?

Sorry again for all the questions, just really like this feature

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    415 times
    Time Online
    84d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Comics View Post

I came back after a long hiatus, like 1+ year. I had what according to this post would be a lvl 1 Fox. He had very low luck, like 0 or .5 stars. I took care of him and kept him up at full hearts since I've been back (couple weeks maybe?) and his luck rose a tiny bit, but it was still very low. I had been logging in every day and checking up on him but I got busy and didn't log in for a few days. I came back and now looking at the chart here it looks like this is a lvl 1 Deer. But his luck is very high - 4.5 out of 5 stars!

Did my poor fox die? Or was it that he tried to evolve but his luck was so low (<2 stars) that he failed his evolution and switched to a Deer instead?

I also have some general questions (sorry there's so many, I read the main post but haven't searched through the entire thread here):
    1. Does luck reset to 5 stars every time a Ryu evovles, whether successfully or failed?
    2. How do you gain/lose luck? Is it about your Ryu's hearts, or about how often you specifically interact with your Ryu? Can you gain luck by interacting with other peoples Ryus? (Likewise, if other people are helping take care of my Ryu and feeding/scooping/playing, so he is always at maximum hearts but I personally am never the one taking care of him, is that detrimental and will cause his luck to fall becuase it looks like I'm neglecting him despite being full hearts at all times?)
    3. Will a failed evolution always be a horizontal move? For example, will a lvl 2 Fox who fails to evolve become lvl 2 of a random non-Fox species? Or can it still gain a level (ie it fails lvl 2 Fox, but becomes lvl 3 Flower instead)? Or, on the other hand, will it reset?
    4. Is an evolution just a random thing that happens in the background? Is there any warning/notification/signs that your Ryu would display that would indicate "oh it's about to evolve/it's going to evolve soon" (I know it's generally a 21-28 days time, but I mean something that you could know just by looking at the Ryu, or if you aren't tracking how long it's been etc.)
    5. Is there any way to see when your Ryu was first hatched/it's previous evolution date?
    6. If you Ryu is at lvl 3 (last evolution branch) what happens then? Does it still roll to evolve every 21-28 days and a "success" just means that it stays the way it is and doesn't branch hop? If that's the case, what happens if it fails - does it revert to level 1 (I guess the second half would be answered by question 3)?

Your fox didn't die just changed branch because low luck.

1. After every evolution your stars go low (half stars). Maybe because the hiatus your first species struggle with luck but the second didn't? I'm not sure if luck also resets after jumps.

2. Your luck (stars) can increase by taking care of your own ryu or another ryus . If you don't attend yours more likely will always jump species branches.

3. Fail Evo = 1st stage of another species.

4. No indications other than you keeping track of the 20ish days range.

5. If you ask @(you need an account to see links) for that info you will know

6. As long as you allow evolutions on your profile settings 3rd stage evolving = 1st stage of another species.

No worries always happy to help another Ryu parent :3 I still feel number 1 or 2 would be helpful for others to give us their feedback too.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Dasvidaniya (03-06-2023),DC Comics (03-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (03-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    458 times
    Time Online
    149d 16h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by DC Comics View Post

There's a chance your fox didn't** die and (had low luck and***) hopped to the deer branch. based on your activity (sorry for being a super creep), it seems within the range of of egg happening and possibly missing it. iirc, I think there are two different types of eggs. a branch hop and an evo. I could be mistaken.
    it'd be because the luck was so low. if you want to guarantee an evo, you'd have to bring your stars up to 5. taking care of your own Ryu helps gain the most luck, but you can gain from taking care of others as well.

1. I don't know exactly what the luck resets to. In my experience, it's been about 2 - 2 1/2 stars (i think...?) that I've lost when my Ryu evos. when I re-roll though, I lose all my stars. I think no matter what, once a Ryu goes into an egg, it'll lose some luck.

2. To gain:

- keeping your Ryu happy and healthy is the main objective (if you can call it that). it's your companion here!
    ^ to do that, feed and play with your Ryu often. Check in every.. idk what your schedule is like, and this is a long suggestion coming from me, but maybe 2-3 hours? get your feeds and plays in to help lift the luck. in turn, your Ryu doesn't poop or need to be refilled all that often.
    - I don't know for sure if it's the hearts or how often you take care. I do know that if you're consistent, it really helps.
    - Yes, you can take care of Parent's Ryus through your travels or on many of the lists offered around the subforum and gain luck.
    - You can befriend other Ryu Parents to unlock the ability to take care of their Ryu at any time of the day. Essentially overriding their sleep pattern. this can help as it gives you a wider range of Ryus to take care of during night-night times.
    - if people are helping take care of yours.. I know they'll get luck for helping, and I do believe that if you're friends with that person's Ryu that you're taking care of, that they get luck as well?? or maybe in general you get luck as well? I'd have to brush up on that one. or if anyone can fill in.

To lose:

- neglecting your Ryu! especially purposely neglecting could possibly result in losing your Ryu all together. they didn't do anything to hurt anyone. this could mean not feeding or playing or scooping the poop, for extended periods of time, and the luck running low for even longer. doing death to branch hop is a no-no. I believe that hearts can deplete at any point at the refresh times (:01 and :31). it's not all the time that your Ryu will be affected by the refresh.

again, speaking strictly from length of time taking care of Ryus (1 - 2 a day for.. lets round to 1 year-ish), other users taking care of your Ryu isn't detrimental to the luck. However, it's not as much luck as they could be getting like when you take care of it on your own. I've seen lots of Ryus branch hop after their eggs, a lot of the times because the Parent hasn't been online during the alive period (I keep track of that for forever eggs (Ryus that have been in eggs for a very, very (not really) long time) and stuff. it's a process). this doesn't always happen either. they could evolve. A lot of referencing to the creator, but I think I remember seeing, Bat had a tester account? ugh. I have the worst memory and working atm unfortunately to go through posts, um, but.. ugh. something something, everyone played with it enough and the luck went up so much it evolved? idk if I'm dreaming. sorry, I normally come stacked with info lol.
    TL;DR you might just branch hop instead of evolve if you're relying solely on other users (cause anyone can if you have it set to "Allow babysitting") to take care of your Ryu.
    *having full hearts means that no interactions are required at this time. having full hearts for a long period of time ?can help increase your luck?

3. no matter what level of branch you are, 1-2-3, if you don't have the required amount of luck to evolve and you hop a branch, it'll go back to the first level of a branch. though with saying that, if you re-roll, for example, and you're on level 2, you could hop to another level 2, or, you could roll from level 1 to level 2 (in the same branch), before uhh the 20-30 day evolution time frame. I don't know if you can roll from level 3-3. and I'm also unsure if you can re-roll the same that you were just on, or if you can just do that naturally either.. I'll definitely update this post when I have time to deep dive.
    you won't move up a branch if you're not apart of that branch. I don't think you can move up from a re-roll if you're not apart of that branch either.

4. when your Ryu is ready to evolve, it'll display a cute little eggie. after 30 minutes is up, whether you're online or not, you can hop onto your profile and watch your egg hatch (figuratively, there's no animation). the only time you can see your egg is if you catch it within that 30 min. once you're online and visit you're Ryu, your egg hatches (unless you're fast enough). you can view your profile offline as well to see if your timer is up.

5. there's currently no way to see when your Ryu hatched or was born, visible to us. If you ask Bat, he can let you know. best practice is, if it's something you want to do, keep track! little sticky note or sheet or doc or what have you. it's a fun time.

6. if your Ryu is at level 3 and you choose to keep evolving, it'll randomly choose a branch to start over at level 1 with. it'll still evolve within the period of evolution (again, so long as your "Allow evolutions" is ticked on). either successful or a fail at level 3, you go back to level 1 if your Ryu enters an egg.

!! I love when I can catch some questions. post anymore if you happen to have, or if you need clarification on any of these ones.
    Last edited by Ariealle; 03-05-2023 at 10:25 AM. Reason: trying to do two things at once

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (03-05-2023),Dasvidaniya (03-06-2023),DC Comics (03-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (03-05-2023),Lyrichord (03-05-2023),Nyanobyte                      (03-05-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    678 times
    Time Online
    213d 23h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 32m
    Hey @(you need an account to see links)!

Luck and stars are different. Caring for other ryus is a great way to raise your stars, which is what determines whether your ryu will evolve up or switch branches. Going through the ryu list a couple times should get you to 5! Make sure to say hello to your ryu too, but I've found helping lots of other ryus to be what really brings my luck up!

I've found that when evolving from 5 stars: 1st evo of new branch is 4.5 stars as the starting point, 3.5 for 2nd evo, then 2.5 total for the 3rd. Each evolution takes stars. If you're starting with lower than 5 stars at evolution time, you'll likely branch hop. Multiple branch hops due to low luck I think results in lower luck at the start of each new phase. Re-rolling for a new species also reduces the luck at each phase of the new branch.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (03-05-2023),DarkSkies (03-05-2023),Dasvidaniya (03-06-2023),DC Comics (03-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (03-05-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    69/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    6d 6h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Thank you so much to all who answered!! Super useful information and exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DC Comics For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (03-05-2023),DarkSkies (03-05-2023),Lyrichord (03-05-2023)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,761 times
    Time Online
    644d 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Evolution through rerolling was a funny little oversight. When you reroll your Ryugotchi, your luck is zeroed out in order to borrow that value to determine whether or not a branch hop should occur when the Ryugotchi hatches. Interacting with your Ryugotchi is not possible while it's in an egg, so your luck shouldn't raise beyond zero, but I forgot that there's a small chance that your own luck can be raised when you interact with other people's Ryugotchis. This causes your luck to go up, and that fudged the logic for rerolling, which potentially resulted in a much faster evolution instead of a branch hop.

Luck and stars are actually the same thing, and it's a play off the "thank your lucky stars" idiom. When your stars are at five, then your luck is maxed out. When your stars are at zero, then your luck is bottomed out. Your luck is used for a number of different bonuses, such as improving your chances of unlocking things when you're eligible, and increasing your chances of an evolution when your Ryugotchi is old enough. The logic is: rand(0, round((100 - X) / 10)), so the higher your luck is, the more likely it is that you'll land on zero and trigger an evolution.
    Last edited by Bat; 03-05-2023 at 10:23 AM.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (03-05-2023),DarkSkies (03-10-2023),DC Comics (03-05-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (03-05-2023),kittyray (03-05-2023),Lyrichord (03-05-2023),Nyanobyte                      (03-05-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,161 times
    Time Online
    556d 7h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Oh, neat, thanks for explaining it! Never occurred to me that interacting with other Ryu while mine is in an egg could fudge the numbers like that.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Page 148 of 182 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast