Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Who or what about Neopets Classic gets under your skin?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    From what I hear Classic is on the way out and GC is on the way in.
    Although, it would be like just starting afresh on Neopets, which would suck

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-21-2022),cornishwall (10-20-2022),Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m
    Yep, it seems like all of my pals from Neopets Classic have officially moved on to GC and/or Moderneo. I have not tried either since I just don't have the time/energy to put into another site right now, I hardly have any interest in regular ol' Neopets lately. But from what I've seen, both sites have really nice features and events going on! Glad everyone has moved on from the NC hellhole. I can't imagine choosing to play that site over the other clones right now. I actually just checked their news and it seems like other than some new pet colors and MPs, nothing has been going on.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dustyc For This Useful Post:

Aero (10-21-2022),Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    From what I hear Classic is on the way out and GC is on the way in.
    Although, it would be like just starting afresh on Neopets, which would suck
    on the bright side the devs are not assholes like noah and actually listen to the community/are transparent. i've been having a blast on GC so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    Yep, it seems like all of my pals from Neopets Classic have officially moved on to GC and/or Moderneo. I have not tried either since I just don't have the time/energy to put into another site right now, I hardly have any interest in regular ol' Neopets lately. But from what I've seen, both sites have really nice features and events going on! Glad everyone has moved on from the NC hellhole. I can't imagine choosing to play that site over the other clones right now. I actually just checked their news and it seems like other than some new pet colors and MPs, nothing has been going on.
    yeah GC and MN are the main ones people are on, and virtupets i think as well? i checked npc's news recently as well and its just... sad.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

dustyc (10-19-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I looked up moderneopets and see that they only open up sign ups on certain days. What is the other website, GC? Do they also only open sometimes?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,162 times
    Time Online
    557d 10h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by LoonyLuna View Post
    I looked up moderneopets and see that they only open up sign ups on certain days. What is the other website, GC? Do they also only open sometimes?
    When I've looked into them, they seemed to be all invite-only or requiring a referral and I don't actually know anybody who plays them, but I think for some as long as you have an in it's relatively quick? I'm really not sure, though as I didn't look too closely.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    you know back when Classic started, I immediately had this feeling that it would probably not last more than 2 years. Damn was I pretty much on target.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (10-20-2022),Zenitsu (10-19-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    Quote Originally Posted by LoonyLuna View Post
    If you don't mind spending 7.50 USD, i think you can still get an invite code via (you need an account to see links)

i dropped it for a while after first making an account, but after figuring out how to make NP there (faerie employment agency quests that almost always pay well) it wasn't to hard to get more established. from what i can tell, drop rates for rarer items are higher in REs and dailies

one of the things that bothers me is that there's little circulation for codestones :') multiple times i've looked up a codestone to train and there were literally NONE of them on the SW lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

LoonyLuna (10-19-2022),Sakuras (10-20-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    4d 23h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobot View Post
    If you don't mind spending 7.50 USD, i think you can still get an invite code via (you need an account to see links)

i dropped it for a while after first making an account, but after figuring out how to make NP there (faerie employment agency quests that almost always pay well) it wasn't to hard to get more established. from what i can tell, drop rates for rarer items are higher in REs and dailies

one of the things that bothers me is that there's little circulation for codestones :') multiple times i've looked up a codestone to train and there were literally NONE of them on the SW lol
    Thanks! I may look into it. I see they have some cool paint brush colors.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoonyLuna For This Useful Post:

Sakuras (10-20-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    This isn't really a rant, but more of a question for Neopets Classic or Grundo's Cafe or any other old nostalgia Neopets servers out there

Other than the nostalgia factor, are there any other perks to playing these private servers? I'm assuming the old bits of the game still doesn't work right like those avatars that used to be awarded, random contests, better than you, retired avatars etc.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    This isn't really a rant, but more of a question for Neopets Classic or Grundo's Cafe or any other old nostalgia Neopets servers out there

Other than the nostalgia factor, are there any other perks to playing these private servers? I'm assuming the old bits of the game still doesn't work right like those avatars that used to be awarded, random contests, better than you, retired avatars etc.
    i play for the community/people. and GC just implemented lenny conundrum so i assume some contests will eventually get added.

if anyone has specific questions about moderneo or grundos feel free to ask, im on both regularly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    When I've looked into them, they seemed to be all invite-only or requiring a referral and I don't actually know anybody who plays them, but I think for some as long as you have an in it's relatively quick? I'm really not sure, though as I didn't look too closely.
    MN has signups open on certain days of the month or you can go thru patreon to get an account.
    grundos is referral or applying when they have signups open. (which is announced beforehand when it happens)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

Autobot (10-20-2022),kittyray (10-20-2022),Synth Salazzle (10-30-2022),Unown (10-20-2022)