DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Honestly, I get that style of writing isn't enough for most people to go off of but if j03 and Bat are both completely convinced it's the same guy that they were friends with for years, I'm ok being overly cautious of a literal predator.
    Also just as an aside writing style is often used to tie people to otherwise anonymous crimes. It's one of those things that really hard to change long term and while people do sometimes have similarities to each other it's a combination of small quirks that make a larger picture. Not saying it's a smoking gun then either but it's something I think is worth trusting when an old friend recognizes their style. Lots of the true crime stories I've dived into include parents/friends/etc. knowing for a fact that a final text or post wasn't them just by the style of writing for example.
    Last edited by Jackalope; 10-15-2022 at 05:22 PM.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Buizel (10-15-2022),chii3d (10-15-2022),dulcet (10-25-2022),Jessica (02-13-2023),Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    7d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by kms View Post
    I can assure you I was not being defensive; I have no skin in the game, there's nothing for me to defend! Like many active Neopets players, I'm finding the whole saga fascinating and am eager to consume and participate in discussion about it lol.

I found OP's evidence of n_t's identity to be uncompelling; not only is there no "smoking gun," there's nothing resembling one either. Some suppositions based on some circumstantial evidence, presented as if they're damning, with so many in the replies glomming on as if they are indeed damning. I mean there are replies here that imply unironically that the only reason someone would post this stuff on Reddit instead of here is that they're banned here and egoistic lol. It's not totally rational to me, and I felt like as someone who has mostly only ever lurked here (and even that only very intermittently) I actually have the distance to recognize that, and felt compelled to say something.

I do appreciate that y'all allow me to "do me" here and chirp in my thoughts without repercussion. I was slightly worried about getting warned or banned. Not every Neopets community is as tolerant of those who contradict the local hivemind.
    Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion here.

But I'm wondering if you're just here to troll? You looked at ... one thread RDD/DB created? Of course you're going to think otherwise. It takes a couple minutes to quickly skim over their threads/tutorials posted and make a real comparison.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vegeta For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-16-2022),Jessica (02-13-2023),Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    355d 16h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Their posts are egotistical though, there's no denying that. They could post this on Twitter, Instagram, ect., but chose reddit since that social media platform has the biggest gathering of active players, outside of the discord. To be frank, a multitude of his posts CONSTANTLY break the Neo discord/reddit rules that they set in place. Yet, they allow said posts since it fits their narrative to out other people. These players eat up each of his outing posts and find it "necessary" that he constantly accesses a database that he should have no access to, just to spoon feed them information they shouldn't know. I promise you, the second he chooses to randomly one day mess with the site in a negative manner (and I think this isn't possible now, I'm just saying hypothetically. Since he has changed the PC board title to NT in the past, again, just to flex lol) then these same users that have been singing his praises to the moon and back will turn on him in a second and blame TNT even further for not removing his access before. You know, before. When all the users loved him but now hate him.

Granted, yes, some cheaters are pretty brazen with what they do, and admittedly, it's VERY obvious they're cheating. But as a user, you're more than welcome to report your suspicions to TNT and let them handle it in an official capacity. What shouldn't be ok is some random person making so much information public to put said user on the cutting board for all to gawk at. NT has more than enough damning information to just report the information to TNT silently. Instead what does he do? Put them in the spotlight to be laughed at and humiliated by other users.

So let's stop acting like NT isn't getting a boost in his ego from this. He's ONLY posting to inflate it further. So excuse if Vegeta takes some of his other actions as flexing. It's LITERALLY all NT has been doing.

And as a last note, I personally believe his postings of ANY kind shouldn't be made public. His prior posting on daily odds and the likes, while helpful, still shouldn't be known to the userbase. People find it helpful, yes, but NO ONE should have backend access to this site, period. The fact TNT has done absolutely nothing about taking legal action against him is just surprising.
    Last edited by Buizel; 10-15-2022 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Sorry, fixed some grammar and spelling mistakes

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (10-28-2022),Cinnamoroll (10-16-2022),DarkSkies (10-16-2022),Jackalope (10-15-2022),Kohana (11-19-2023),Lyrichord (10-15-2022),Sakuras (10-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    7d 7h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope View Post
    Honestly, I get that style of writing isn't enough for most people to go off of but if jO3 and Bat are both completely convinced it's the same guy that they were friends with for years, I'm ok being overly cautious of a literal predator.
    Also just as an aside writing style is often used to tie people to otherwise anonymous crimes. It's one of those things that really hard to change long term and while people do sometimes have similarities to each other it's a combination of small quirks that make a larger picture. Not saying it's a smoking gun then either but it's something I think is worth trusting when an old friend recognizes their style. Lots of the true crime stories I've dived into include parents/friends/etc. knowing for a fact that a final text or post wasn't them just by the style of writing for example.
    Yes, exactly. You just reminded me of a criminal that was caught because of their writing style... The creator of that black market p2p network or w/e called Silkroad. A detective was on the case for a while ... one thing lead to another, and then they found one of his first posts he made which tied his identity with the project.

There are enough clues shared here and in Discord to give you the impression of who this person is, what they're capable of, their history in the cheating scene and their natural motives - which have always been the same. Still doing it today ... Chasing clout and struggling to find a way to make $.

kms is here to chirp, that's all.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vegeta For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (10-16-2022),Jackalope (10-15-2022),xCarRadio (10-24-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    8d 20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I'm willing to assume kms is earnestly concerned that condemning someone without real justification could be a problem here and isn't just here to troll. However regardless of how concrete the proof is, I think using this as a reason to have the right people watching n_t and making sure nothing predatory is happening, ie asking people to chat with them elsewhere, is important. I'd much rather everyone was on high alert for a predator and was wrong than the reverse. Which is exactly what j03 did. Neopets isn't really the "kids site" it once was but it's still worth watching out for regardless.
    Last edited by Jackalope; 10-15-2022 at 05:21 PM.

Thank you @Orbit for the Jackalope Ryu

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jackalope For This Useful Post:

Buizel (10-15-2022),DJ Music Man (10-15-2022),j03 (10-15-2022),Jessica (02-13-2023),kms (10-16-2022),Nightingale (10-23-2022),Sakuras (10-19-2022),Synth Salazzle (10-16-2022),♥ Wooloo ♥ (10-15-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishwall View Post
    To be fair, voice modulators, VPNs, and video editing do exist, tho that does seem like some extreme lengths for neo. Also, I'm pretty sure neo_truths still has at least read access to neopets backend even after TNT's security upgrades, so if they really wanted to patch exploits, they should inform TNT of their illegal access.

I'm also curious how you've worked with neo_truths. They appear more like a soloist who responds to questions than someone who actually works with others
    Yes, all that is possible. They gave me information that I asked for that made my life easier. If it is Rare, I've been fooled this whole time and I'm sorry for saying otherwise.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (10-15-2022),Jessica (02-13-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    5h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    But I'm wondering if you're just here to troll?
    kms is here to chirp, that's all.
    🙄

I promise you everything I've said in here has been sincere.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kms For This Useful Post:

j03 (10-16-2022),Zenitsu (10-16-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylae View Post
    Yes, all that is possible. They gave me information that I asked for that made my life easier. If it is Rare, I've been fooled this whole time and I'm sorry for saying otherwise.
    It’s a lot of work to go through just to fool one person (though they could have done it with multiple people, who knows). Just seems like a bit much for what it is.

But, I was once in a guild for an MMO where the guild leader pretended to be two different people. Never really gave a reason for it when he was found out. Guess he was just lonely. People did talk to him on VC and it seemed to me like different voices so he must have been doing something.

So, yeah, this kind of thing could happen but where is the motive?

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

Pronouns
    🍃⏳
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    24d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by chii3d View Post
    It’s a lot of work to go through just to fool one person (though they could have done it with multiple people, who knows). Just seems like a bit much for what it is.

But, I was once in a guild for an MMO where the guild leader pretended to be two different people. Never really gave a reason for it when he was found out. Guess he was just lonely. People did talk to him on VC and it seemed to me like different voices so he must have been doing something.

So, yeah, this kind of thing could happen but where is the motive?
    There was someone in one of my MMO guilds who did something like that. They pretended to be a girl and even went as far as to fake being married, having children (at one point being pregnant), and it wasn't until someone noticed something strange about specific timings of things or dates not lining up that we began to piece together that something wasn't right. They eventually came clean about it, but it was too late by then and of course everyone felt extremely lied to and like they couldn't trust that person. They didn't seem to have any motive either, nor any reason that we could see to lie to us like that to begin with. It was so strange.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    2d 8h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishwall View Post
    So what do we think about aplowd and neo_truths? Cause this seems like a lot if they weren't the same person

(you need an account to see links)
    I think we should be careful making assumptions like that. It's very easy to read into things too much and think you're seeing patterns where there are none. Aplowd doesn't seem like they'd be n_t, they type significantly differently enough and I just don't get that feeling at all. n_t responding in detail like that isn't unprecedented and he does it quite a lot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diacetylmorphine For This Useful Post:

Serebii (10-16-2022),Zenitsu (10-16-2022)