Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember when Pokémon was just a tv show?

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    703 times
    Time Online
    156d 12h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I was in grade 4 or 5 when I started getting into Pokémon. Which I belive I was in 1997ish times. Omg what a flash back. I remember rushing home every day from the school bus to watch the Pokémon sho on YTV. Then I had a friend on the school bus who had Pokémon red for his GBC. I begged my parents for a GBC and Pokémon Blue. And I got it for my bday. My friend and I always played on the bus ride. I remember having to trade by cable link and that was just a whole new world! Then the Pokémon cards came out. And boy if younger me knew what they were today I would have for sure hung onto them instead of selling them in a garage sale. Would have done the same too with my Gameboy original, gbc and games. Oh well. Anyways I Remer how the cards were quickly banned from schools due to the fights it would cause and kids getting ripped off. It's crazy to see how this show has turned into quite the dynasty!

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    omw that looks so ridiculous. Would you then be logged onto the sae account or have multiple accounts
    I'm not sure about that but I always go O__O when I see them.
    HAHA! I'm amazed by their dedication too.
    But I guess it helps to keep them healthy in a way? By exercising and keeping them occupied.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    88d 8h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by xChoppie View Post
    I'm not sure about that but I always go O__O when I see them.
    HAHA! I'm amazed by their dedication too.
    But I guess it helps to keep them healthy in a way? By exercising and keeping them occupied.
    40/50 is still very young I would think they would be working building there lives. I think 30-60 is when you are suppose to work your ass off to build a future not playing games.. But thats just me. And I a on here right now while I should really be building that future. My parents are in there 60's I think I can see them doing something like that to keep busy but I think they dont consider being on an app as relaxation.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    945 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I think I was still a small kid when the games were getting really popular (my older cousins were playing Red/Blue when they were first brought to the states) but I personally didn't start playing the games myself until Yellow version. I have a very strong memory of wanting Crystal for Christmas when I was maybe around 7ish? if memory serves right and I found a cartridge in my mom's stuff (she had bought it off ebay bless her) and I was SOOO excited Crystal absolutely remains my favorite version to date and I would buy a remake in a heartbeat.

My sibling and I definitely spent a lot of Saturday mornings trying to wake up early and watch the Pokemon show though, I remember watching it from its original run maybe up through like Advance? or the one before. Honestly for us 90s kids I feel like the original Pokemon season just really hits different. We are the generation of nostalgia though and cling to our childhoods where things were simpler/life wasn't a fucking battle to get through every day LOL.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    I was born in '93 and I always watched pokemon, like every day, one of the biggest fans as a lil kid.
    Then in like 2000, I had my first game, Pokemon Gold and my life changed. I then got Blue and Red and as today, I have all the games that pokemon has released.

I watch the anime here and there, have watched many seasons completely, have to catch up with Pokemon Journeys

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi
    (you need an account to see links)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Oh my, I remember when Red and Blue first came out lol I was about 10.
    I also remember when the show only came out once a week and we had to wait so long sometimes for a new episode!

My grandfather always had the TV ready for when it would come on and my brothers and I would go and get our blankets, snacks and get all excited. It was like we were getting ready for an epic movie

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-05-2022),Strat (07-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 3h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh my, I remember when Red and Blue first came out lol I was about 10.
    I also remember when the show only came out once a week and we had to wait so long sometimes for a new episode!

My grandfather always had the TV ready for when it would come on and my brothers and I would go and get our blankets, snacks and get all excited. It was like we were getting ready for an epic movie
    It was always on in the mornings right before we had to leave for school, so majority of the time, we had to record it on VHS to be able to watch it after school instead. It was really annoying. But on Saturdays in the morning, they also did re-runs of like 5 episodes, so that was kind of cool. I spent many a cold, wintery weekend morning binging the shit out of Pokemon

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 6h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    I was 9 when Pokemon Red/Blue were released and I was obsessed. It further blew my mind as a kid watching the anime for the first time and seeing Mew and Mewtwo in the actual opening credits like omg?????? also most hype theme to a show ever*. I remember, the show used to air around the time I'd be waiting with my dad to pick my brother up from basketball practice after school. We had a ridiculous family van with a TV and a VHS player in the back so I'd always watch Pokemon on this old box set with horrible reception. I can distinctly remember ugly crying during the Goodbye, Butterfree! episode xD

Pokemon will always be my comfort series. I loved it when I was a kid and obsessively followed the series and games through Crystal, took a very long, reluctant hiatus once I got older, then got back into the series right before Sun and Moon came out. There was a family tragedy and I was sitting around with all this time on my hands while on bereavement leave and got the random inspiration to go get a 3DS and a copy of Pokemon X for a distraction and that was that, I was hooked again.

*except for Monster Rancher and Sonic Underground, of course ;D

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Strat (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    173 times
    Time Online
    244d 3h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    It was always on in the mornings right before we had to leave for school, so majority of the time, we had to record it on VHS to be able to watch it after school instead. It was really annoying. But on Saturdays in the morning, they also did re-runs of like 5 episodes, so that was kind of cool. I spent many a cold, wintery weekend morning binging the shit out of Pokemon
    Same here! But in my country, they would only show on weekend mornings. To be specific, at 9am. I always hated to wake up so early just to catch the show, only to oversleep and wake at 10am instead. I also remembered when gameboy yellow came out on gameboy emulators. and my uncle would play it while my brother and i watched from the side. man, we sure came a long way, now that we have virtual reality and using apps to catch pokemon IRL.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xmilo For This Useful Post:

Strat (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Strat View Post
    Oh yes! My grandfather use to record shows for us so we could rewatch them lol
    I remember when I use to rewind the intro just so I could sing the Theme over and over again!
    Wish I kept those VHSs though.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Strat (07-05-2022)