Mentioned
    705 times
    Time Online
    83d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m

It's Summertime!

It's finally summer time!
    (at least for those of us in the northern hemisphere!)

So, I want to know...

What is your favourite thing to do in the summer? Are you a total beach bum? Lake lifer? How do you like to stay cool? Popsicles, ice cream, good old fashioned AC?
    Maybe you have a favourite memory from the summer time? I wanna hear about it!

I will go first!

As a kid, we would always go to the outdoor waterslide park in June at the end of the school year. We would stay all day until we were EXHAUSTED. There was this one slide that was super scary to me, it was really fast, had big drops and was in pitch black. I remember the year I turned 12, I was FINALLY brave enough to go down it by myself. So I did, and it was a blast! Once it was time to leave, we'd get a twist (chocolate and vanilla swirled) soft serve ice cream cone.

----

Edit: This thread is popping off with discussion! Please remember to follow our (you need an account to see links), especially the first two:

1)
    This section is for discussion of miscellaneous topics that do not fit into another site section. If another section (like Help, Neopets Chat, Movies/TV, Debate Zone etc.) suits your intended topic better, please post it there instead. The key word here is "discussion"- if it is not a topic that will generate meaningful discussion, it will be moved to SPAM. Posting a meme, for example, belongs in the SPAM section.

2) All posts in this section must be a minimum of 1 sentence long, and need to include an explanation of why. This is to encourage people to not only state their view on a topic, but to provide evidence/examples that support their opinions. For example: "My favourite breed of dog is dachshund, because they have such adorably silly little body shapes and are very affectionate."
    Last edited by j03; 06-30-2022 at 07:04 PM.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Aero (06-30-2022),Alister (06-28-2022),Ariealle (06-28-2022),Bat (06-30-2022),Binah (06-27-2022),bluepen (07-03-2022),Buizel (06-27-2022),Cat Purrson (06-28-2022),Charmander (06-27-2022),Cinderella (07-01-2022),Clefairy (06-28-2022),Da Plushee Boree (06-28-2022),DarkSkies (06-30-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (06-27-2022),dustyc (06-27-2022),EnderTheory (06-29-2022),Erik. (06-28-2022),Ghastly (06-27-2022),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (06-27-2022),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (06-28-2022),hearts (07-05-2022),Hollow (06-28-2022),howdy (08-24-2022),Ice (06-27-2022),Ismira (07-03-2022),j03 (07-06-2022),Jackalope (06-27-2022),John Cena (06-29-2022),Kibba (06-28-2022),kittyray (06-27-2022),Lyrichord (06-27-2022),macca8 (06-30-2022),Mario2302 (06-28-2022),mugi (06-27-2022),♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-30-2022),RicoBandito (07-15-2022),sanrio (06-27-2022),Serebii (07-01-2022),Siebenschlaefer (07-05-2022),Strat (06-27-2022),Teakwood (06-27-2022),team rocket (07-08-2022),Trash Panda (06-30-2022),Tyranitar (07-01-2022),♥ Wooloo ♥ (06-27-2022),xmilo (07-01-2022),Zapdos (06-28-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    705 times
    Time Online
    83d 12h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    It is raining (still) but super heavily. Like, it’s all I can hear on the roof and through the patio door which I have slightly ajar.

However, little miss Poot does not like when it rains. So trying to get her to go outside when it’s raining so she can have her bed time pee is a struggle. She loves water. And loves snow. But HATES rain. Like hello dog make it make sense!!!

I also feel like all of this rain ☔️ is gonna make for some high river levels this summer. I guess it’s better than it being too hot and dry like it was last year :/

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    118d 1h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    I do have really fond memories of summer time sleepovers as a kid though! 🥺 one friend in particular would host them a lot and we'd do things like play manhunt around their apartment complex at night and play tons of Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros on the N64 #just90skidsthings
    YESSS THE NINTENDO AT SLEEP OVERS WAS EVERYTHING.
    even just on normal summer nights me and my sister would be up sooo late playing smash or animal crossing on the gamecube!! i'd make her play DK just so i could be kirby n suck her up for the funny little DK outfit lmaooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    It is raining (still) but super heavily. Like, it’s all I can hear on the roof and through the patio door which I have slightly ajar.

However, little miss Poot does not like when it rains. So trying to get her to go outside when it’s raining so she can have her bed time pee is a struggle. She loves water. And loves snow. But HATES rain. Like hello dog make it make sense!!!

I also feel like all of this rain ☔️ is gonna make for some high river levels this summer. I guess it’s better than it being too hot and dry like it was last year :/
    i will hold an umbrella for miss poot, pls stay dry my queens!! & i'll drink the extra river water, i will single handedly save some ecosystems

i like plushie tonu & making silly art ૮ ˶ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ˶ ა

6. The Following User Says Thank You to honeycomb For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    *screams in doubles standards and casual sexism* 😩😩 dude I'm so sorry but that is utter bullshit and I press F to pay respects to your unfair childhood. My parents were actually pretty chill about sleepovers for my sister and I, but I think that's because naturally no boys were involved (even for my birthday when I was a kid where I had a few girl friends over and our one boy friend, he got sent home early) so 🤷

I do have really fond memories of summer time sleepovers as a kid though! 🥺 one friend in particular would host them a lot and we'd do things like play manhunt around their apartment complex at night and play tons of Mario Party, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros on the N64 #just90skidsthings
    Oh! Mario Party, Kart, SSB and even games for the Sega are what I remember during Summer! My brothers and I would wake up SUPER early and try to sneak into the den just so we could play lol We weren't allowed to play till after 10am, but we always got up around 7am and would play till about 9 before my grandfather woke up lol
    One Summer our mother said we couldnt play till about...I think it was 1pm? Because she didnt want us on the games to early. But my grandfather always would be like "8am? That's close to 1, right? Go for it!" lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-04-2022),Ice (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    702 times
    Time Online
    156d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post

I feel you with all of the rain we've been getting. Mind you our property was surrounding pond was in dire need of it! Tonight at baseball we got rained on and the infield turned into a soupy slipper mess. To boot mini me jumped on my and I stepped back on a teammate's foot and felt/heard snapping and cracking in my ankle. I was able to play the rest of the game but now I've stopped its constantly aching and is like mildly swollen but it hurts so much to walk I'll have to get an xray or something at work tomorrow.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    943 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Oh! Mario Party, Kart, SSB and even games for the Sega are what I remember during Summer! My brothers and I would wake up SUPER early and try to sneak into the den just so we could play lol We weren't allowed to play till after 10am, but we always got up around 7am and would play till about 9 before my grandfather woke up lol
    One Summer our mother said we couldnt play till about...I think it was 1pm? Because she didnt want us on the games to early. But my grandfather always would be like "8am? That's close to 1, right? Go for it!" lol
    Omg I have almost the exact same memory as you just in reverse haha!! When it was summer time and I was in early high school days, my computer time was still heavily limited and I'd "turn off" the computer at night and "go to bed" when my mom went to sleep but then after like 30 minutes I would sneak back out into the living room where the computer was and try to play MapleStory as quietly as I could until late night 😂 that must have been around like 2006 or 2007 lol!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (07-05-2022),DarkSkies (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    413 times
    Time Online
    84d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Omg I have almost the exact same memory as you just in reverse haha!! When it was summer time and I was in early high school days, my computer time was still heavily limited and I'd "turn off" the computer at night and "go to bed" when my mom went to sleep but then after like 30 minutes I would sneak back out into the living room where the computer was and try to play MapleStory as quietly as I could until late night 😂 that must have been around like 2006 or 2007 lol!
    Haha you just remembered myself lol I was very invested on this game called montersgame, basically vampires vs werewolves (obviously I chose Werewolf sorry lol) and when we were in guild war it was like:

Ok you need to attack each 2 hours or sth like that to be protected from vampires so it means at 5 or 7am you go and attatck on our accs and then we cover your back...

So there was young me tiptoing on living room at 6am turning on computer (there was only 1 computer) praying not to be caught haha. What a time.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    76d 21h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Oh my word! So when I was in High School (Freshmen) my parents would NOT let me use the computer lol ONLY during the Summer!
    So during the summer, I had...30 MIN A DAY to use it! I remember using all my time for MySpace LOL
    But during the rest of the year, I could only go on if I had a project lol

But my High School let us use the computers during lunch, so I used that time to play Runescape lol

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Ice (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    413 times
    Time Online
    84d 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Oh my word! So when I was in High School (Freshmen) my parents would NOT let me use the computer lol ONLY during the Summer!
    So during the summer, I had...30 MIN A DAY to use it! I remember using all my time for MySpace LOL

But my High School let us use the computers during lunch, so I used that time to play Runescape lol
    In my school there were only like 2 computer with games,so if you happened to get one of those during class you were a lucky kid haha. Back then it was Mario o Persia Prince the coolest stuff you could play and that was enough :3

Restricted computer was almost compelling when everyone shared same device, happened to me too. How time changes

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (07-05-2022)

Chopper
    Pronouns
    she / her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    55/0
    Mentioned
    128 times
    Time Online
    34d 6h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m

I used to be addicted to Maplestory and I would wake up as early as 7am (would secretly put my laptop on my bed and I'll play under the blanket until my parents leave the house).
    I would play till I go to bed past midnight and only have 1 meal a day which is dinner because then my parents would have bought some food back for me.

I didn't have any sleepovers, but my school had these compulsory 3d2n camps whereby we had to do obstacle courses like flying fox, abseiling, those rope obstacles and getting the whole group over a tall wall.
    I really hated those because I have a phobia of heights.
    I remember standing very long at that small platform for flying fox and the instructor was asking me if I needed help and she could give me a push.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xChoppie For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (07-05-2022),Ice (07-05-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    943 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    @(you need an account to see links) jeeze I am so sorry your school had compulsory summer camp, especially with activities that you were afraid of?? that's kind of effed up I have to admit on what grounds did they make these activities mandatory, what were you getting out of being traumatized 😭

I have only gone to a few summer camps in my life, forced and voluntary :o I'm actually surprised I didn't catch (unless I simply missed it) any talk of summer band camp! I did marching band for 3 years in high school (wish I did 4 but I might not have survived starting in freshman year lol) and summer time meant standing out on the hot asphalt in scorching 90+ degree weather, in direct sunlight for HOURS practicing drills and literally blowing hot air. The week away summer camp for band was really fun and as chaotic as you would imagine lol! I wish I were less of a physical weenie because the strain of summer heat and the act of marching itself really took a toll on me but it was a truly once in a life time experience I hold fondly.

I attended a day summer camp when I was a lot younger (probably 8 or 9?) at Brown Uni and I was FORCED to go to this by my mom. And she chose my activities that I was signed up for with the exception of one (I think), so it ended up being cooking (which was fun), beginner clay (my pick, also quite fun), and fucking. MUSICAL. THEATER. OH MY GOD. I had severe stage fright as a child and because I was a drama queen (only in front of family!) as a kid she thought it would be a knee slapper to sign me up for the musical theater program. I vividly recall having to 'audition' for a part (mortifying) and then practicing along with the whole group (it was The Music Man - but with the camp's locale special twist so everything was New England/camp themed... me being a one timer to the camp understood NONE of the inside references and I had like 0 friends 🙃) before eventually having to perform it for the parents at the end of camp. Mom, what the fuck? 😂

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

xChoppie (07-05-2022)

Page 190 of 260 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast