Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    154d 14h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 16m
    To add to this, there seems to be an uptick in very... suspicious reversals. Pets returning to shells and what are obviously seller accounts, likely regretting a trade or sale and looking to make a quick buck again...

From experience, TNT will just reverse a pet to you if you so claim it was stolen and the pet was on your account at one point. To them everything is stolen even if proven otherwise.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Merit For This Useful Post:

cornishwall (05-04-2022),missgyp (05-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    25d 21h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Merit View Post
    To add to this, there seems to be an uptick in very... suspicious reversals. Pets returning to shells and what are obviously seller accounts, likely regretting a trade or sale and looking to make a quick buck again...

From experience, TNT will just reverse a pet to you if you so claim it was stolen and the pet was on your account at one point. To them everything is stolen even if proven otherwise.
    i have had this happen with a handful pets which end up on accounts with a collection of jaw dropping names, so that is why I am willing to heavily speculate. It is way tooooo coincidental to be the original owners

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    10d 14h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by cornishwall View Post
    i have had this happen with a handful pets which end up on accounts with a collection of jaw dropping names, so that is why I am willing to heavily speculate. It is way tooooo coincidental to be the original owners

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 3h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    There are definitely some very suspect reversals happening lately. The worst ones IMO are name reversals as TNT don't seem to be alive to the fact that rw/rn can be worth more than UCs at the moment. So if you trade your red gelert called Gorgeous for an UC dari draik, and it's reversed, you'll probably be told all you can get back is a red gelert from the pound.

They've got to sort out this reversals system, taking back a pet legitly traded for after 8 years is insane. I was just reading a thread on an old forum that reminded me that pre 2012 if a hacker got into your account and dumped your pets into the pound TNT wouldn't even return them as 'the pound is fair game and the new owner got them fairly'. Now they've gone to the other extreme of 'we don't care how hard you worked for this we're taking it back'.

Just, if the pet has been on an account for over a year ask the original owner to create a replica. If the name is an issue, dupe the name, having two pets called 'Sunshine' won't hurt anyone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Double.Trouble (05-05-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    256 times
    Time Online
    53d 13h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by birdies View Post
    There are definitely some very suspect reversals happening lately. The worst ones IMO are name reversals as TNT don't seem to be alive to the fact that rw/rn can be worth more than UCs at the moment. So if you trade your red gelert called Gorgeous for an UC dari draik, and it's reversed, you'll probably be told all you can get back is a red gelert from the pound.

They've got to sort out this reversals system, taking back a pet legitly traded for after 8 years is insane. I was just reading a thread on an old forum that reminded me that pre 2012 if a hacker got into your account and dumped your pets into the pound TNT wouldn't even return them as 'the pound is fair game and the new owner got them fairly'. Now they've gone to the other extreme of 'we don't care how hard you worked for this we're taking it back'.

Just, if the pet has been on an account for over a year ask the original owner to create a replica. If the name is an issue, dupe the name, having two pets called 'Sunshine' won't hurt anyone.
    How would someone dupe a pet name?

u 'mirin?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    13d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I would send a ticket to TNT and ask for a replica UC pet of the same type that you lost. Especially if it was a direct transfer and not a pet-for-pet trade
    Ie - if it was a UC Faerie Ixi, ask for them to make a new UC Faerie Ixi from a pet currently stuck / in the pound.
    Good luck! It seems if you push and push they eventually do this for users ..

Neopets + GC player, collector, fanatic.
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for the amazing userbars
    Thanks (you need an account to see links)for vector art

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    943 times
    Time Online
    116d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Miri View Post
    How would someone dupe a pet name?
    I don't think they mean for the user to, but that they're generically telling TNT to make pet names non-unique.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    15d 13h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Have you successfully done this? TNT is currently claiming they don't keep records from 2014 so I would like them to create a new one for me but don't know how to go about it

Crap I meant to reply directly to @(you need an account to see links)
    Last edited by Shockz; 05-07-2022 at 03:20 PM.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    1d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missgyp For This Useful Post:

Jayfeather (05-07-2022),RicoBandito (05-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m