Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m

"Get Well Soon" Neopets - An Official cK Patch List for Neopets

Getwellsoon Neopets - An Official cK Patch List for Neopets

Welcome everyone! @(you need an account to see links) and I thought it was time that we make an official cK patch list for all Neopets features, bugs and glitches that hinder your best possible experience in the game.

Please post features you miss or bugs/glitches that annoy you and try to describe them the best way possible.

Features/Bugs/Glitches will be organized in the table below. I will organize them first by what category of the game they belong to (Battledome, Games, Customization, ect) and then in each category they will be filtered from High, Medium, or Low importance.

This is in hope that one day once we get a detailed enough patch list perhaps TNT will start correcting some (or all) of these!

If you have a "better" solution for any of these feel free to post/DM me them! Collaborative thinking is always more powerful.

I will update this post daily with all new content given.

Category Description Solution Priority
    Games

Invasion of Meridell - Abused by generating NP claiming first mission prize then restarting. Simply remove the neopoint rewards (even just from the first mission would be enough). High
    Games Pet/Petpet/Site Spotlight - Discontinued for years. Fun way to show off your hard work in the game for everyone to see. Bring it back! If judging was too time consuming perhaps make it like the beauty contest where its player based voting instead of staff side voting. Medium
    Games Multiplayer Games - games like Geos, Armada and Kacheekers have been broken for years. They allow other players to enjoy neopets together in a multiplayer experience instead of competing versus computers always. Brings excitement and competition to the game scene. Medium
    Games Bilge Dice - Has been broken for years. Everyone on the site loves to gamble and this is a fun game to play. Also, it awards two avatars (that actually look nice) and a lot of people are missing. Stop people from spamming the submit score button which gave users multiple wins in a row. Apply same fix that's used for Faerie Quest and other parts of the site which stops duplicate request submissions. High
    Games Habitarium - Discontinued for years, but not forgotten. A fan favorite for sure. As far as I'm aware it was just discontinued during the sale between Viacom and Jumpstart. (Note this could also be made into a Neopets mobile version that would require you to link your online username, to earn exclusive rewards/neopoints) Medium
    Games Keyquest - Discontinued for years and largely missed by most if not all of the fan base. Very fun game to play and it was multiplayer! Gave out fun prizes like cheap neggs/codestones. Medium
    Games Beauty Contest - Sometimes entries wont load or back space doesn't work or the search in general doesn't work, or you can even find past entries or edit the one you summited. Low
    Games Plushie Tycoon - Nimmo plushies are glitched and turn your entire stock invisible. Low
    Games Lenny Conundrum - Discontinued due to a faulty prize script, and at first was only discontinued until "further notice," but TNT has since confirmed they have no plans of bringing it back. Create a working prize script or simply remove prizes all together and just keep it as solely an avatar giving game. Low
    Games Kacheek Seek - Broken after HTTPS update Fix static reference from HTTP to HTTPS, very simple fix. Medium
    Neopoints Almost Abandoned Attic - Closed for years. A well loved part of the site that would bring old players back. Open it back up, reduce the chances of r.99's to restock in it and reduce the buy limit from 5 items to 3 items per day. Medium
    Neopoints Dr. Sloth Giveaways - Discontinued for years. Dr_sloth account would give away rare stamps and battledome items that are near extinction for 1 NP through auctions. Start this back up and allow 1 Item every 7 days to be released. That would only bring back 52 items per year in total which would not negatively effect any one items price much. Would allow for people to earn mass wealth who arent wealthy to begin with. Great way to get and retain a returning user base. Medium
    Neopoints R.100 Items - No longer restock in neopian shops. One user found that they actually do restock still, but are blocked from the public to see. If you have the exact URL to the haggle page of the r.100 item then you can buy them and often they are sitting in shops until a "clear" since no one can see them. Update the restocking script to show items Lesser or equal to R.100 instead of r.99 like they have right now. Medium
    Customization UC Customization - still doesn't work, requiring people to use a flash-enabled browser and use the old customization page. Medium
    Customization Unaccepted Gifts - Currently they glitch out if the item is not accepted nor rejected within 72 hours. Requires a ticket to staff to get the item back. Medium
    Battledome 2P Move Order - Whoever moves last in a fight gets all the advantages, which naturally prolongs/stalls fights ('zzz). They get the advantage of possibly using the foresight glitch (see next line for details) while at the same time have the advantage in reflection items/full block items. Whoever moves second gets to reflect icons that were reflected back at them from their opponent. Also, reflected icons can go through full blockers if the full blocker user moves first. Reinstate the old move order. In the old dome, whoever moved first would get all the advantages as far as reflection and full block go. Also, this one patch would naturally cut down foresight abuse because in order to use the foresight glitch you will be forced to give up the move order advantage. High
    Battledome Foresight - If you are crafty enough with computers you can figure out a way to see your opponents turn (exact weapons used) before having to select your own turn. It requires you to stall in the battle and wait for them to make their move first. Slow battles are boring. In essence, you can always pick the "perfect" weapon/shield choice against what your opponent used if you abuse this glitch. First, implement the fix to the 2P Move Order (see above). That will be an automatic safety net in case someone figures out a new way to do this glitch. Next, do not send move information to neopets server when you click "submit". Instead, send a notification to the server that the player has locked in a move and then when the second person also sends the "locked in move" notification, then it sends the actual information of what items were used. High
    Battledome 1P HP Increase - The battledome challengers never increase past their 3 preset levels of difficulty. Makes battling extremely boring once you have beat them all at all the difficulties. Bring back HP increase when you beat a 1P challenger. That way at some point you will always reach a "wall" to where the challenger is hard again. High
    Battledome Defenders of Neopia - Has been broken for years. Challenge certain 1P challengers to earn shiny trophys on your userlookup. Award trophies for beating the respective enemy for the mission you're currently on. Simply tie in old code that checks DoN table/awards trophy if beaten with new Battledome... not hard! Medium
    Battledome Punchbag Sid - It's been years since he's made an appearance, and I know I personally have never seen him. Was a cool little quirk/battledome feature that should be used again. Low
    Site NeoBoard Preferences - Page URL missing from the boards. Add link to Preferences page on the NeoBoards. Medium
    Site Neomail - When attempting to neomail users sometimes you get the full inbox error message even when their mailbox is not full. Medium
    Site Safety Deposit Box - Menu item is missing under "Shop". Add under "Shop" pl0x. Another easy one. Medium
    Site Explore Map - Build a HTML5 coded neopets explore map. The explore page is not very inviting to new users with a few tiles that list out the areas of the map. This can be built in a small amount of time. Medium
    Site Hidden Tower - "Secret" Link needs added back to HTML5 map when created. Add a link for it in the current set up in the meantime. Medium
    Site Inventory - Some inventories are clogged with invisible Binary Supagoo Bobbleheads or premium scratchcards. We can't remove these invisible items but they count towards the 50 limit. Low
    Site Jelly World - Gigs up TNT, we know it exists. Add it to the world map list as well as place it on the HTML5 map that is created Low
    Site Lutari Island - Unused since the paid mobile subscription to Neopets. The island is already built, and many items regarding Lutari island un-used (Lutari Island Paint Brush). Some of the features of Lutari Island were also used and could be beneficial (The wheel, another bank link, the beads for userlookup talismans). Low
    Site Food/Books - Allow users to eat and read books without the username letter requirement causing your pet to not want to eat or read a book. Low
    Last edited by j03; 08-15-2022 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Updating Info

2. The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to Getwellsoon For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-31-2022),Aladdin (03-18-2022),Alister (01-13-2022),Andymac106 (01-13-2022),Ariealle (01-13-2022),Autobot (08-11-2022),aymo (01-12-2022),Binah (01-13-2022),bluepen (07-23-2022),Buizel (01-13-2022),Cat Purrson (01-13-2022),Cherubi (01-13-2022),Chupacabra (01-13-2022),Clefairy (01-18-2022),Corliss (01-13-2022),cregganwhitehare (01-13-2022),cuddlypanda (01-17-2022),Da Plushee Boree (01-14-2022),♥ Dita ♥ (09-22-2022),Doge (06-30-2022),DrSloth (02-04-2022),Druid (01-24-2022),dustyc (01-13-2022),Erik. (01-13-2022),Flordibel (01-14-2022),Gato (01-13-2022),Hall (02-03-2022),♥ hugosasso ♥ (05-24-2023),Ice (01-13-2022),incognito (04-18-2022),Ismira (01-21-2022),j03 (01-12-2022),kendreadful (08-04-2022),kittyray (01-12-2022),kopiko (04-08-2022),macca8 (05-24-2023),macr0s (05-24-2023),Mama Bear (01-29-2022),Menine (01-13-2022),Mikal (01-13-2022),miss_darkie (08-09-2022),nataurs (01-13-2022),Neal Caffrey (01-30-2023),oxylolyn (01-14-2022),padfoots (04-02-2022),Pringle (01-13-2022),Sakuras (05-23-2022),Sephora (01-13-2022),Shawn (11-29-2022),Spoildlittleme (11-20-2023),Stardust (01-13-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (01-13-2022),Wormjaw (01-13-2022),XER0 (02-04-2022),Zapdos (01-13-2022),Zenitsu (01-12-2022),ZeroTwo (01-13-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Thanks for helping put this together, @(you need an account to see links).

As far as I know, there is no compiled and updated patch list similar to this one anywhere. Here's hoping that TNT will take our advice and bring some extra life back into the game that many, many older players will appreciate.

Some of these fixes require little to no effort, and they would go a long way!

I figured we should voice our opinion since we have some of the oldest and most experiences players that still play the game, compared to other communities. On top of that, we've become the biggest Neopets community over the last 10 years.

If anyone has any more suggestions or comments to any existing items we've listed, please don't hesitate to offer some input.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-14-2022),Getwellsoon (01-13-2022),Lyrichord (01-13-2022),Zapdos (01-13-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,155 times
    Time Online
    550d 23h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 26m
    UC Customization still doesn't work, requiring people to use a flash-enabled browser and use the old customization page, though I don't know what the solution actually is.

I know super rare items is part of what makes neopets neopets and I don't want to totally disrupt the economy, but I feel like maybe they should consider doing things like sloth auctions with more regularity. They'll probably just get bought up by the already super-rich anyway, so maybe there's another way. I know a recent editorial talked about ways to re-release super old cove items.

honestly i'm currently blanking on anything i take issue with even though thre are plenty.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Andymac106 (01-13-2022),Ariealle (01-14-2022),Cat Purrson (01-13-2022),Cherubi (01-13-2022),Getwellsoon (01-13-2022),Lyrichord (01-13-2022),Nyanobyte                      (01-13-2022)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    16d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Shapeshifter is broken, r100 items not stocking, Pet spotlight and Petpet spotlight and site spotlight should all come back! Not sure if the spotlights were removed due to glitches or TNT simply didn't want to judge them anymore, but I'd love to have them return.

Had to step away for a year or so due to life being in the way, apologies for the PMs I missed during that time.
    If you are still interested in a trade or sale from that time, please don't hesitate to reach out to me again.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dewgong For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    33d 19h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    The BC needs a major overhaul its absolutely broken. I never want to go surf through entries because its impossible to look through it since half the entries dont load or back space doesnt work or the search in general doesnt work, or even find past entries or edit the one you summited. The art chat needs a serious overhaul as the art community brings a lot of life into the website and its severely neglected.
    The only way now I vote aside from users threads, is the people who take the time to make petpages for the entries of the week and thats soooo much effort. (if any of you here are responsible for that, seriously thankyou thats a lot of work)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mixednuts For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    They/Them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    313d 4h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 45m
    Going to ramble off a few things:

Defenders of Neopia could use a return. That fix would tie in with the Battledome finally being redone.
    More consistent Random Contests would be lovely
    OH! World Challenges, im not sure why they stopped or what is broken with them but it would be great to get those going again.

Fix multiplayer games like Geos, Armada and Kacheekers
    Fix Bilge Dice - Thats two avatars a ton of users are missing out on!

Ill do some research into these and come back to fill in more info ^-^

^ How to unlock and care for a Ryugotchi ^

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyanobyte For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-14-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    I love this idea because everyone is into different features of Neopets, and we all notice things that other people might not notice.

Here's my list of issues in varying priorities:

1. When you neomail someone, it says their inbox is full when most of the time it isn't. Sometimes neomails aren't being received. Links and smilies in neomails are also broken.

2. In plushie tycoon, there's a glitch where the nimmo plushies turn your entire stock invisible.

3. Invest in something better than StackPath! Stackpath is agressive and annoying for legitimate players who aren't botting. It makes Neopets look bad and scares players away.
    Same with the captchas on userlookups and petlookups. Invest more money to get a more intelligent solution.

4. Make a stamp avatar for Other III. People have been completing this album since 2019 and there's no avatar for it yet.

5. Many times when I redeem merchandise codes in the (you need an account to see links), it gives me a 502 or 504 error message. I've seen this a lot when redeeming Geekify and WYP Jewelry codes in the last 2 years.

6. When you send someone a NC Item, it should automatically return after 72 hours of not being accepted. It doesn't automatically return anymore and people have to send in a ticket to get back NC Items they sent to the wrong account.

7. Some inventories are clogged with invisible Binary Supagoo Bobbleheads or premium scratchcards. We can't remove these invisible items but they count towards the 50 limit.

I will add more if I think of any more!
    Last edited by Sephora; 01-13-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-14-2022),Da Plushee Boree (01-14-2022),Getwellsoon (01-16-2022),kittyray (01-13-2022)

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,867 times
    Time Online
    563d 5h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewgong View Post
    Shapeshifter is broken, r100 items not stocking, Pet spotlight and Petpet spotlight and site spotlight should all come back! Not sure if the spotlights were removed due to glitches or TNT simply didn't want to judge them anymore, but I'd love to have them return.
    I looked into Shapeshifter and it's a really easy fix. They just need to add "https" into their URL checks and it'll work again.
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

16. The Following User Says Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Dewgong (01-13-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    31d 15h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Just put a link to the SDB on the beta inventory page, I am begging.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-14-2022),Autobot (08-11-2022),Getwellsoon (01-16-2022),Lyrichord (01-13-2022),Marius (01-23-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    82/0
    Mentioned
    112 times
    Time Online
    68d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Thank you everyone for contributing! Team work makes the dream work I had time to add most, but not all of your suggestions. When I have more time I will continue to add! So keep them coming.

For suggestions that I dont know a fix for off the top of my head I will leave them blank. If you know a solution feel free to post/dm me the solution and I will update the table!