Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many of you are coming back to Neopets??

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    355d 23h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Completely see your point. Do you think it could potentially have the opposite effect and drive more people away?

The PC seems to be one of the most popular boards now I wonder if trading levels will drop and therefore activity on the board, of course the trading of names will be the new normality, but do they really have the same appeal as the Higher tier uc’s? I guess that just boils down to a personal preference but it will be interesting to see.

Do we have any idea on how the item will work?
    We don't know at this time how UCs will be implemented as TNT has not given more information on them yet. Even then, I don't see how in any effect UCs becoming more obtainable could drive users away. It'll make more people eager to play and get their dreamies than it would to make people quit. Idk, most people on the neoboards I saw against this were people who I guess want others to struggle as hard as they did to trade up which is an extremely bleak mindset lol.

There will still be RW/N trading as well which have always been a popular preference than UCs. Before this was even announced, there were people willing to trade T7+ for a perfect name. So in essence, literally the only thing that I see changing from all this is just people seeking RW/Ns or if they can't afford a UC, there's still going to be trading for them as well.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Gorilla (09-22-2021),Sakuras (09-23-2021),Zenitsu (09-22-2021)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I tried coming back a lil bit after the Beta went live, but the new layout really just... throws me off, lol
    not to mention the website feels very half-baked, I'd rather just wait for whenever it's actually fully ready to be used. I might consider coming back if UCs are implemented tho! Don't know if I'll have the time to actually play and, y'know, do anything else on site, but at least I'll be able to own some UCs I wanted but couldn't have before.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 8h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
    Completely see your point. Do you think it could potentially have the opposite effect and drive more people away?

The PC seems to be one of the most popular boards now I wonder if trading levels will drop and therefore activity on the board, of course the trading of names will be the new normality, but do they really have the same appeal as the Higher tier uc’s? I guess that just boils down to a personal preference but it will be interesting to see.
    I think the PC is as active as it is because people are desperate to get the pets they want, so once they’re available another way that for sure cuts out some motivation for trading. The counter to that though is that opens up time to focus working on those theoretically-permanent pets and maybe move some attention over to places like the art or customization chats (this is the category I fit in - I don’t want to be trading but atm it’s a necessary process to reach goals - I want to be done with the goals and chill drawing them). Meanwhile though there are people who like trading just to trade, as evidenced by the very existence of UC bingo. That has never made sense to me but it seems pretty popular. There’s currently an active converted trading community too, swapping around middle-of-the-road names and lab colours and royal customs etc, so that kind of energy would likely continue with UCs. People will always change their minds about what pet they wanted and look to swap it for similar value.

This may be dating myself, but I also remember the time before pet trading was allowed at all and the boards were fast for other reasons. Some of this relies on more content from the staff than I imagine we’ll ever get again, like chat can’t be buzzing trying to solve new avatar releases or plot steps if there aren’t any, but there’s always art / customization / RP, and I imagine people will continue adopting pets out, and restocking and NC trading and whatever else. We might see a resurgence of the thing where friend groups would pick a board to haunt and basically always have a semi-relevant board up just to hang out. This kind of stuff is also dependent on the site being like, functional, and the filters calming down a bit, but I think the un-ban of LGBT+ stuff is a great step in that direction, and in theory one day the whole site will at least be on a single, functional layout again.

I think because these pets are so scarce atm it’s created kind of a false focus on the PC that doesn’t need to exist. We’ve kind of been seeing the lull there already, with this change impending and people looking forward to another way out, and honestly the PC already seems less toxic and insane than it has in yeeeaaars. Basically my answer is no, I don’t think people will leave because they can have what they want, they’ll just refocus their energy on either enjoying the pets they finally have or chasing new difficult-to-achieve goals in other areas of the site (depending on what their motivation for trading was in the first place, the prize or the chase)

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

Buizel (09-23-2021),Sakuras (09-23-2021)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    335 times
    Time Online
    163d 12h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 47m
    It's interesting seeing people's thoughts and opinions here.

I regretted missing out on trophies and avatars in the past by missing Events. So a few years back I kept a tab open on my computer and check in daily.
    Being more active here helps keep my more current on there too.

I never cared for the NC/Customizing aspect so I don't really mind its broken.
    I'm just waiting to see the end results of the site revamp. I still find myself navigating the site through the old layouts and have found links to get around and back to the old layout.
    Otherwise not much has changed in my game play. I barely chat with friends. Not on boards.... I don't even know what I do on there to be honest ahahahah

Geo
    Hatched 11/14/2020

Huge thanks to (you need an account to see links)
    For the Customized Adoptable of Geo.

My gorgeous avatar was created by thee incredible
    ♡ Lyrichord ♡

Pronouns
    she/ her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    23d 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I never left tbh, but I do the minimun each day (trudys & bd the most). Slowly getting used to the new layout but still don't like it (I hate the new inventory so much).
    Also I missed a couple of events, I didn't like AC this year either, the games just felt way more annoying that before.

I really wish the customization thing was fixed by now, I loved customizing.
    I'm staying around but not sure why at this point lol

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    33d 10h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I've been doing dailies and lurking on a new main account I'm trying to build up but the new beta theme is genuinely horrible, I really hope once they finish converting everything over from Flash that we can turn off the beta layout. I really miss playing flash games for avatars and building up my account, I've heard from a user here that you can use browsers/extensions to access games (Puffin browser was one of them) so I might look into that. If anyone has any experience please let me know <3

My major concern is their recent decision to start putting their focus on NFTs rather than listening to the players that pay for premium and support the site through NC etc. I really would hate for JS to literally kill the site off.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by WerewolfBF View Post
    I've been doing dailies and lurking on a new main account I'm trying to build up but the new beta theme is genuinely horrible, I really hope once they finish converting everything over from Flash that we can turn off the beta layout. I really miss playing flash games for avatars and building up my account, I've heard from a user here that you can use browsers/extensions to access games (Puffin browser was one of them) so I might look into that. If anyone has any experience please let me know <3

My major concern is their recent decision to start putting their focus on NFTs rather than listening to the players that pay for premium and support the site through NC etc. I really would hate for JS to literally kill the site off.

Welcome back! Yeah the site is such a mess, you get used to the new stuff - note you can access the old version of sites by adding "/" to the end of the URL. For example add the slash to the end of the inventory to see the old one instead of the awful new one. But you do get used to it , ie. having to hit 'my shop' to get back to the old layout. As for the flash, yeah Puffin is good and if you're on Mac try out WaterFox. The good thing about these flash workarounds though is that theres less people playing so its really easy to get legit trophies (non score sender) espec. around the first of the month reset

Pronouns
    they/them or she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    4d 2h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I came back during the pandemic and it's been a great way to spend my time, but now things are picking back up and it feels like I should probably quit and go back to focusing on real life but I don't want to quit

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    not at all. might hop back on for pet slots/eventual UCs but that's it. site sucks rn.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I came back to neo near the end of 2018 (last time I had played was like 2006), then stopped again for a year and have been playing ever since the pandemic started. I managed to collect/achieve a bunch of stuff at that initial pandemic period but now I only do my dailies and train some pets. Also site events when they happen (AC with clraik is aways fun)

I never cared much about UCs but depending on the way/price they implement it I may grab one or two
    I also always thought these impossible trades weren't good for the site, I'm sure being able to legitly buy UCs will bring a lot of users back
    "Darkness fears the break of dawn!"