Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you all have IRL friends or even Neofriends?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Most of my neofriends are frozen, but I used to have a lot of them; most of them from old guilds; I try to avoid NeoBoards at all, so I totally understand you when you say that Neopets can get pretty lonely
    As far as RL friends that play neopets... meh, they left the site about 10+ years, but I keep talking to them (we're not too close either, but we are still some-sort-of-friends) and that's nice because they know how neopets works and I can brag about my late late (REALLY late) achievements and they understand me :')
    It was WAY funnier when they played too, because we made reunions and we played KQ and all that stuff... I really miss that. It was nice to fufill goals as a pack

As I do miss helping others to reach their goals I try to sociallyze in the site giving random gifts to strangers who have a nice Gallery or things like that, and have become neomail-pals with a few of them over the years.

When you're falling in a forest
    and there's nobody around
    Do you ever really crash,
    Or even make a sound?

Did I even make a sound?
    Did I even make a sound?
    It's like I never really sound.
    Will I ever make a sound?

Spiffy avatar + userbar combo by the one and only:
    (you need an account to see links)
    Thank you :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Over a decade + of being on forums just like this one has helped me make a lot of great friends - many of whom I've met in person at this point! Neopets (cheating) brought us together, we've kept connected throughout the years, and with the recent resurgence of neopets players, we all started playing again together. It's really cool to play the game we grew up playing together again as adults now

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nimue For This Useful Post:

penguin1991 (05-19-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    269 times
    Time Online
    70d 8h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I feel the same sometimes. I only have one online friend I can talk to regularly about neo stuff. Otherwise I don't really have any neofriends so I think clraik is the last thing keeping me going.

Rista 11 17 2020
    ✨️(you need an account to see links)✨️
    ♥ Thank you Lyrichord, Great White North, Flordibel, Hollow, Honeycomb, Houndoom, Stardew, Polorin ♥

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I had Neofriends when I was younger. I came back to Neopets just recently and well I haven't tried making friends because I am an adult and I never know who is a kid or who is an adult on there. The only people I interact with are those from the guild I joined recently.I don't know anyone that still plays Neopets IRL but it would be awesome if I did.:3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Amparo View Post
    Most of my neofriends are frozen, but I used to have a lot of them; most of them from old guilds; I try to avoid NeoBoards at all, so I totally understand you when you say that Neopets can get pretty lonely
    As far as RL friends that play neopets... meh, they left the site about 10+ years, but I keep talking to them (we're not too close either, but we are still some-sort-of-friends) and that's nice because they know how neopets works and I can brag about my late late (REALLY late) achievements and they understand me :')
    It was WAY funnier when they played too, because we made reunions and we played KQ and all that stuff... I really miss that. It was nice to fufill goals as a pack

As I do miss helping others to reach their goals I try to sociallyze in the site giving random gifts to strangers who have a nice Gallery or things like that, and have become neomail-pals with a few of them over the years.
    I really Miss KQ and its really odd to me that its like the neoboards and guilds are their only real source of interaction, in 2020, when online games are as popular as they are... Why can't they bring the site to the times we live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Alias View Post
    Over a decade + of being on forums just like this one has helped me make a lot of great friends - many of whom I've met in person at this point! Neopets (cheating) brought us together, we've kept connected throughout the years, and with the recent resurgence of neopets players, we all started playing again together. It's really cool to play the game we grew up playing together again as adults now
    This ^ is amazing!! I'm glad to see you've made friends on cheating websites, and have met them in person! Maybe one day I'll get to that point too. I made a lot of friends on xbox live back in the 2008 -2012 time period, when I had the time to play it every day. I've met a lot of them in real life, and I still talk to them to this day, 2 of them lived in my city actually.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    39 times
    Time Online
    46d 9h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1991 View Post
    This ^ is amazing!! I'm glad to see you've made friends on cheating websites, and have met them in person! Maybe one day I'll get to that point too. I made a lot of friends on xbox live back in the 2008 -2012 time period, when I had the time to play it every day. I've met a lot of them in real life, and I still talk to them to this day, 2 of them lived in my city actually.
    I dated someone I met on a site similar to this one for 10 years And I've met tons of people from that site and others at the time. We had a NYC meetup one weekend back when we were in college. You spend enough time with people on these sites and they become really great friends <3

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    I have a friend that's been with me since high school. We both got back into Neopets together and even both got into NC! We'd give each other NC cards for our birthdays :'D
    She doesn't play so much nowadays but she logs on every now and then. We talk a lot on discord since we've both moved away from our hometown. I low-key wish she'd get back into the site, but at least we can play Animal Crossing together now that its out!

I have Neofriends aside from her but we don't really talk much? Mostly people that I've spoken to/follow offsite. There are some art people I associate with on social media who have a small neopets presence, but they're not on my NF list and I'm too shy to ask lmao

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    72 times
    Time Online
    22d 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Quote Originally Posted by penguin1991 View Post
    I really Miss KQ and its really odd to me that its like the neoboards and guilds are their only real source of interaction, in 2020, when online games are as popular as they are... Why can't they bring the site to the times we live in?
    I knowww! How hard could it be?! If they restore KQ I would be so happy

When you're falling in a forest
    and there's nobody around
    Do you ever really crash,
    Or even make a sound?

Did I even make a sound?
    Did I even make a sound?
    It's like I never really sound.
    Will I ever make a sound?

Spiffy avatar + userbar combo by the one and only:
    (you need an account to see links)
    Thank you :*

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    2d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I have one IRL friend who plays Neo, though she doesn't login very often.
    We're Neofriends as well, and send each other gifts on occasion, but we rarely actually talk about it outside of Neopets itself.

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangle View Post
    Sure I have plenty of friends and neofriends they hold all of my pets for me and they're 100% real
    I am literally what @(you need an account to see links) said... I have a ton of friends and neofriends that take really good care of ALL my (I mean THEIR) pets... But seriously tho, I do have 1 good neofriend that knows NOTHING about my dark side. I have some casual neofriends that I don't talk to much. And my only REAL LIFE friends is my family. My kids are my friends. We play neopets together, but they are not my neofriends. LOL! They aren't allowed on the PC boards. And I do have some lovely friends here on clraik that I love and adore!!
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpongeBob For This Useful Post:

Mangle (05-20-2020),penguin1991 (05-20-2020)