DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    17d 20h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    They could do a nice responsive Design, but I guess they are either too lazy or cant Do it.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    155d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 21m
    Sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know what the green circle with numbers means by the Community link? Since the community portion isn't done, I'm just confused at what it's supposed to be.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    The problem is that website designers can't seem to find the right balance for both mobile and desktop. I'm of the belief desktop should always be the priority, but obviously that logic doesn't seem to be the case. It's all about the mobile fad.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Dot (05-17-2020),gera (05-17-2020),Gotch (05-17-2020),skelekitten (06-23-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I would be hesitant to call it a fad!

Mobile and tablet traffic has steadily increased since 2009. Desktop usage has declined. Mobile traffic outstripped desktop traffic in 2016 and has grown steadily since then.

From (you need an account to see links).

Here's some 2017-2019 data from (you need an account to see links)!

What IS interesting is the staying power: typically if a user accesses a site from their desktop, they'll stay on it longer.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-17-2020),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (05-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    79 times
    Time Online
    31d 9h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    Someone posted their site redesign ideas :
    (you need an account to see links)

The problem with that "beta" version is the laziness on TNT part.
    Did they do a mockup before trying to do the front-end of the site? It doesn't seems so. It's messy, too big (desktop), too childish.
    It's ok to leave white spaces, BUT it has to have a right balance between the whites & the content.
    For a site to be responsive, you have to ADAPT the screen formats (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop). It includes the width of your elements, the width of images, the size of fonts, etc.

Like I said in my other post, for me they are only on Alpha phase of the project not beta.
    It's just messy in my opinion. The part of making a responsive site is to work also on the accessibility of the pages & ergonomy.
    In the past, I had to work on site redesign to be responsive. Little mistakes like not resizing babies pet, UC pets vs. converted pets is really mind boggling.
    The best example is how they redesigned the menu. Not effective at all. Some pages can be combined in multiple tables instead of be separated.
    Ex: Inventory can be put with Your Gallery, Your shop, Your SDB and you can navigate in the same page.

It's my personal opinion, of course.

Healers - Defenders of cK

Signature sticker by @(you need an account to see links)

Gif by @xmilo

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lolaloveloki For This Useful Post:

Autobot (05-17-2020),Bellz (05-17-2020),gjniev (05-17-2020),♥ HailSeitan ♥ (05-23-2020),kittyray (05-17-2020),Marius (05-17-2020),maya (05-25-2020),Menine (05-17-2020),Sakuras (05-17-2020),skelekitten (06-23-2020),Wisp (05-17-2020)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    My problem with that tabbed inventory/sdb redesign is that they offer no way of searching and they don't describe how loading would work. If you limit it to a certain number of items at a time - which you'd have to do for the folks who have thousamds or tens of thousands of items in the SDB - it becomes just as annoying as the regular SDB. Does the search icon go in the top of each tab? How do you make a tabbed focus search only the sdb if you're not IN the SDB?

I have other issues with it that I won't go into for the sake of not sounding like a pompous windbag (lol) but I feel this is one of those designs that looks really cool but would be hell to actually program given the nuts and bolts of the site's rickety back-end.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Fabulous (05-17-2020),gjniev (05-17-2020),kittyray (05-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    5d 5h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Can I just pop in and say THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts/screenshots here! I'm keen to see how it goes over the summer and see when more is added.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    31d 18h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolaloveloki View Post

Did they do a mockup before trying to do the front-end of the site? It doesn't seems so. It's messy, too big (desktop), too childish.
    It's ok to leave white spaces, BUT it has to have a right balance between the whites & the content.
    For a site to be responsive, you have to ADAPT the screen formats (Mobile, Tablet, Desktop). It includes the width of your elements, the width of images, the size of fonts, etc.

Like I said in my other post, for me they are only on Alpha phase of the project not beta.
    It's just messy in my opinion. The part of making a responsive site is to work also on the accessibility of the pages & ergonomy.
    In the past, I had to work on site redesign to be responsive. Little mistakes like not resizing babies pet, UC pets vs. converted pets is really mind boggling.
    The best example is how they redesigned the menu. Not effective at all. Some pages can be combined in multiple tables instead of be separated.
    Ex: Inventory can be put with Your Gallery, Your shop, Your SDB and you can navigate in the same page.

omfg It look so good compare to TNT's

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Marius For This Useful Post:

Pinecone (05-17-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    56 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolaloveloki View Post

This redesign is amazing.
    TNT please hire this person immediately.

I just have to wonder the number of engineers and designers Jumpstart* gave to this project. It feels like the classic problem of management expecting a completely successful overhaul yet not giving enough resources to the project.

*Jumpstart is who still owns neopets, right? lol

~ lyla the bard ~
    in all things, be kind

^-- me looking at the Neo Trades boards on clraik

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    339 times
    Time Online
    79d 6h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    This redesign is amazing.
    TNT please hire this person immediately.
    Agreed. Look at this idea, how wonderful:

*Jumpstart is who still owns neopets, right? lol
    Correct! And Jumpstart were themselves acquired by NetDragon (a Chinese online gaming conglomerate) in 2017

you know when someone asks "why are you so dressed up"
    and you have to literally explain to them that this is who you are

asking the important questions

thanks @extraterrestrial for capturing my essence

anyway here's my petpet

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fabulous For This Useful Post:

Bellz (05-17-2020),Wisp (05-17-2020)