8/0
    Mentioned
    292 times
    Time Online
    145d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
    I am so happy for TNT that they understand the first concept of inflation taught in the first 2 or paragraphs of any econ 101 textbook. Congratulations TNT, you figured out if "banks" print more money it's worth less. Good job

Soooo where's the part where you realize that giving this and then taking away is really bad?

It's like if I decided to give you all minimum wage (what you're worth) instead of what you actually get paid (I don't want to know - probably too much). You would be pretty pissed, and would probably quit on me instead of finding another job...
    100% agreed, if you mean quit & instead find another job.

I am hoping that by closing the habi & PPP that TNT has huge changes in mind for the site.
    There's a lot they could to bring players back. Fix the site, and then once they do, it'd be great to see them advertise again!

PS Every time I see you post with that lion kitty image, I smile

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie For This Useful Post:

Saria (09-14-2014),Sociopath (09-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    100% agreed, if you mean quit & instead find another job.

I am hoping that by closing the habi & PPP that TNT has huge changes in mind for the site.
    There's a lot they could to bring players back. Fix the site, and then once they do, it'd be great to see them advertise again!

PS Every time I see you post with that lion kitty image, I smile
    Ya that's what I meant, I just got up from a nap lol. I edited

I'd like to think they have new content planned, but i think this new company is just as stupid as the last one. I wish I had millions of dollars to piss away on things I could neglect lol. That would be nice

Purrrrr, lion kitty is always tryin' bring smiles

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Compulsiv (09-14-2014),parakeet (09-13-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    323 times
    Time Online
    178d 14h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by im_not_smart View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that the fewer NP's in the economy, the more they're worth, so I wouldn't doubt that they nerfed games, and /could/ potentially nerf dailies as well.
    Unfortunately, as true as that statement is, it's only going to affect the less fortunate players on the site.
    That'll /maybe/ make it a little slower for people who know how to build up when they've only got a small bit (after they get iced or something), but after that, the rich players are going to stay rich, and continue to control the economy.
    It's a good thought for them, and sure it'll make NP's worth more a very little bit, but it only ruins money making for the newbier players on the site, and make things harder to sell for ANYONE who's selling something. In turn potentially leading to shittier offers from resellers, longer wait times to sell things, stuff like that.

But on the plus side, there's a potential for NP's to increase in USD value?
    Quite the contrary.
    Even though the supply of NP will decrease, the demand for NP will be decreasing at a faster rate as well, causing the USD value of NP to decrease.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lmp For This Useful Post:

Mophead (09-14-2014)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    137 times
    Time Online
    53d 21h 20m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Smh at TNT. I introduced my bf to Neopets and the little interest he had in the game was with Habitarium. Now that that's gone, I don't think he'll ever play again.

[/FONT]

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmp View Post
    Quite the contrary.
    Even though the supply of NP will decrease, the demand for NP will be decreasing at a faster rate as well, causing the USD value of NP to decrease.
    ^this
    Don't get excited around here people thinking $2/mil is going to go to $3 lol
    Try like $1.50/mil or lower

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    8d 3h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    They have to be releasing something else after Habi and PPP gets shut down. I don't see why they wouldn't. JS/Knowledge Adventure can't be THAT dumb to not release new content after getting rid of old content people enjoyed. I highly doubt they plan to use the same business tactics as Viacom cause...... you don't buy the site from the previous company to run it the same way as them. You want to be smart about blowing that much money and you want to make sure you get a better profit out of it than the previous guy. Get the pitchforks ready if TNT/JS start to go down the same destructive path of fix-nothing-update-nothing-give-me-money that Viacom chose. But until then, give TNT/JS some time to finish moving out of Viacom.

Eh, I'm going to reserve judgement until the end of the year. I'm hoping that once TNT settles completely into JS, they'll start slowly releasing better content and implementing fixes. Quite a bit of the NC items they've released within the past few months look a LOT better than what they've normally dished out in the past imo (but then again, we all know they put the most effort into their money making machine...). Still, it could possibly mean that they're going to start picking up the slack in other departments.

And, what other answer were people expecting from them about the pcol? They'll never admit negligence on their half about shit like that and will forever give the same bullshit answer whenever people ask. Who knows if they're being more in depth with account checking now though?

----------

holy shit the site is so bright EVERYTHING'S PINK WHY

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frump For This Useful Post:

Corliss (09-14-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/1
    Mentioned
    533 times
    Time Online
    134d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Bah, I need to take an economics class at some point. ;o @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'll leave the economics up to the economics people, but their response about the PCOL makes me laugh.

If someone pointing a finger at somebody was enough to get someone else frozen, then all of Neopia would look like Happy Valley. We rely on proof based on the information that we have on an account to determine if they have been up to shenanigans.
    Yeah right. I'm more than certain that some poor innocent people have been caught in the crossfire due to people reporting everything left, right and centre. TNT seems to like to freeze first and ask questions later.
    Last edited by artichokeheart; 09-14-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: they're, their, there. Grammar sucks when you're drunk.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    42d 21h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Frump View Post
    They have to be releasing something else after Habi and PPP gets shut down. I don't see why they wouldn't. JS/Knowledge Adventure can't be THAT dumb to not release new content after getting rid of old content people enjoyed. I highly doubt they plan to use the same business tactics as Viacom cause...... you don't buy the site from the previous company to run it the same way as them. You want to be smart about blowing that much money and you want to make sure you get a better profit out of it than the previous guy. Get the pitchforks ready if TNT/JS start to go down the same destructive path of fix-nothing-update-nothing-give-me-money that Viacom chose. But until then, give TNT/JS some time to finish moving out of Viacom.

Eh, I'm going to reserve judgement until the end of the year. I'm hoping that once TNT settles completely into JS, they'll start slowly releasing better content and implementing fixes. Quite a bit of the NC items they've released within the past few months look a LOT better than what they've normally dished out in the past imo (but then again, we all know they put the most effort into their money making machine...). Still, it could possibly mean that they're going to start picking up the slack in other departments.

And, what other answer were people expecting from them about the pcol? They'll never admit negligence on their half about shit like that and will forever give the same bullshit answer whenever people ask. Who knows if they're being more in depth with account checking now though?

----------

holy shit the site is so bright EVERYTHING'S PINK WHY
    (you need an account to see links)

I've got mine.

Storm the bastille!!!

I am honestly so tired of the pet crap...they really should just ignore it. It's a waste of time and energy of the support staff. They dug their own grave now they should just lay in it.
    Time to turn a blind eye to pets TNT. it's getting real old
    Last edited by Sociopath; 09-14-2014 at 02:23 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sociopath For This Useful Post:

Frump (09-14-2014)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    182 times
    Time Online
    97d 3h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    funny how a lot of people are now turning to pcoutlist saying "why do people keep saying that tumblr is the source of frozen accounts" BECAUSE IF THEY WEREN'T LISTED, PEOPLE WOULDN'T REPORT THEM!

annnyyywayyy the forgotten shore killed pet trading values due to the fact people don't want to trade a UC for something only worth 250k-1.4mil. UCs became the trophy pet and were more desirable suddenly.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by artichokeheart View Post
    I'll leave the economics up to the economics people, but their response about the PCOL makes me laugh.

Yeah right. I'm more than certain that some poor innocent people have been caught in the crossfire due to people reporting everything left, right and centre. TNT seems to like to freeze first and ask questions later.
    fair enough, trading illegit pets on the PC is risky. TNT is refusing to give a user her pet back when she did a indirect transfer for a illegit BD pet and before she accepted the BD pet, the trade was reversed on the BD pet and the owner got frozen with her pet and TNT refuses to help because it was a indirect trade.