Mentioned
    67 times
    Time Online
    94d 11h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    44m
    Eww! Olive oil does NOT go on ice cream

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abyss For This Useful Post:

Hollow (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    They/Them It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    56d 12h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I promise not all foodies want olive oil ice cream and not all of us believe all foods should be mixed. I am against the idea of savoury ice cream tbh. But I also don't like ice cream unless it's vegan (dairy makes me poop my pants and I also just am not a big dairy person I barely even like cheese and even then i have to be in the mood for it)
    Olive oil ice cream, the one I know at least, isn't savory. It uses olive oil as a fat replacer. It's vegan ice cream. It's still sweet and is actually really creamy. You don't taste the olive oil at all. Now, if you're talking about olive oil on ice cream, I don't have any input there. But I refuse to believe that tastes good.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grim Reaper For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by cathero View Post
    Olive oil ice cream, the one I know at least, isn't savory. It uses olive oil as a fat replacer. It's vegan ice cream. It's still sweet and is actually really creamy. You don't taste the olive oil at all. Now, if you're talking about olive oil on ice cream, I don't have any input there. But I refuse to believe that tastes good.
    I'm only going by what was said I don't know how the olive oil ice cream thing works but it makes me feel a lil ill thinking about olive oil flavour ice cream

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    They/Them It
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    56d 12h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    I'm only going by what was said I don't know how the olive oil ice cream thing works but it makes me feel a lil ill thinking about olive oil flavour ice cream
    It's a fair response. Olive oil is OK in certain conditions. Not great when you're hoping for a sweet treat. It's why that new Starbucks olive oil coffee is off-putting to me. I truly don't believe anyone actually enjoys it. But as for the ice cream I was talking about, I believe the brand is Wildgood. It's not flavored with the oil; it's the fat to make it creamier. You don't notice it's there at all.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grim Reaper For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 8h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    I have NEVER heard of combining olive oil and ice cream but that sounds like a recipe for diarrhea. Absolutely sickening.

My hot take

I hate mayo. I think it is disgusting and I will not eat at places that put mayo on burgers or sandwiches because half the time I ask for no mayo, they just forget and put it on anyway and it ruins my day

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (06-21-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    202 times
    Time Online
    118d 7h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m
    Oh boy do I love threads like these.

Some you guys mentioned already..
    - Agreed on Taylor Swift being incredibly lame. I never liked her, never liked her music, and her fan base is so weird 9/10 times.
    - Dog people make me cringe. I understand loving your animals, but man your personality exists outside of your pets! Sometimes it feels the same as Facebook moms showing off pictures of their actual infants 24/7 - I don't wanna see a 14th pic of ur dog today tyvm!!
    - Beer is gross. I don't drink much as it is, but where I'm from beer is the most popular choice when it comes to alcohol. Such a miserable taste lol
    - GOT is bad and I would be lying if I said i didn't cut friends off from my life because of how unhealthily obsessed they were with it.

Some of my own not mentioned here..
    - South Park was never funny. You can always tell what ppl watched a fuck ton of it and now their entire sense of "humor" is based off of it and it makes my skin crawl LOL.
    - Gatekeeping music communities is incredibly cringe. Especially on the lines of glorified "elder emos" thinking they are better than other ppl for being... 2 years younger. It's weird and people can enjoy things! I'm so tired of my tiktok feed putting this weird garbage on my page!!!!!!! LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like plushie tonu & making silly art ૮ ˶ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ˶ ა

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to honeycomb For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-22-2023),Crooked (06-21-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Nattiee (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    I'm crying at these! Some feel so personal LOLLLLL but @(you need an account to see links) I agree with most of your takes xD I was put off by the Taylor Swift fandom because people were so obsessed. I have one or two songs of hers I enjoy but I can't get on board with the complete obsession over where she is touring, who she is dating, waiting 10+ hours to get tickets.... Insanity.

Mine makes me sound like a complete asshole but I feel obligated to share for the sake of the topic:

Weddings are stupid, namely large ones. I was both maid of honor and officiant for my best friend's wedding two years ago and my GOD it took everything in me not to dip out. Spending thousands of dollars on flowers, decor, stressing about your reception's "signature cocktail"? Stressing over your venue? HOURS of entire days spent dress shopping? I let her vent to me and was absolutely as Switzerland and supportive as I could be and I held my tongue like a champ... But anytime anyone says anything about wedding planning I want to shout, "WHO GIVES A FUCK!?"

Another good friend spent, no joke, twenty thousand US dollars on flowers. She was extremely concerned about which flowers to put in the bathrooms. For some reason, so many people believe this is extremely normal. Entire subreddits and TikTok themes over wedding planning. I feel like I'm on another planet.
    Last edited by goodnightmoon; 06-21-2023 at 08:06 PM.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (06-22-2023),Lyrichord (06-21-2023),Nattiee (06-22-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    215d 22h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    I don't actually know people who like the olive oil flavor... but it has to sell, for it to still exist? It's a national brand, mostly on the West Coast, Salt and Straw.

From their website: "Believe it or not, ice cream is one of the best ways to fully appreciate the flavor of high-quality olive oil. The sweet, simple richness of cream and sugar is the perfect backdrop to let grassy, tropical flavors do their thing. For a real nerd alert, most ice creams contain just one type of fat—butterfat from dairy. But in this case, the oil joins the fun. Technically, they don't actually combine, but because they're frozen, they hold together in a group hug, creating a lush texture halfway between creamy silky. "

I just, ew. Maybe they just keep it for publicity??

@(you need an account to see links) I totally appreciate that not all foodies are like that!

@(you need an account to see links) I don't like mayo either! I much prefer Miracle Whip. The only time I use it though is when I'm making a tuna sandwich.

@(you need an account to see links) Good grief those weddings sound stressful. There are ways to have a beautiful ceremony, with flowers, without spending nearly that much! I haven't had one personally, but it seems like people hyper fixate on all of the little details and lose sight of the reason for the marriage - the relationship.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    42d 5h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Hot take time

fancy burgers are too overwhelming I like the mcdonalds cheeseburger solely because of how underwhelming it is.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wandas For This Useful Post:

John Cena (06-22-2023),Nattiee (06-22-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    @(you need an account to see links) I think you meant to tag somebody else because I haven't posted in here yet.

That said, olive oil ice cream can be wonderful, but it needs to be consumed right away. I was super skeptical at first, thought it sounded gross, but then I tried it, and it's great, olive oil and sea salt!

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-21-2023),Nattiee (06-22-2023)