Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m

Baxter Durys new album is off its head. very very good stuff

-edit-

OOPS... somehow posted in the wrong thread haha!

well if I've already posted a comment I may as well add a concert story. my most recent gig was seeing Sleaford mods in Byron Bay a few weeks ago... great pst punk band but it meant the crowd was mostly crusty old white dudes who we're a little.... elitist feeling. idk how to describe it but I wasn't vibing most of the punters (actually had a huge man put hs arm out to try stop me getting back to my spot at the front bc he thought I was pushing in (?) show wasn't even sold out so there was plenty of room for everyone). I just gave him stank eye hehe. BUT the show itself was great. especially a few drinks in, proper good punk show.
    Last edited by pppp3; 06-28-2023 at 04:57 AM.
    you can call me pix

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (07-04-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    36d 5h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I tell you what, not my story, but kind of related right now to concerts....

Taylor Swift is set to come down under later in the year for a couple of shows in Sydney and Melbourne. People are going absolutely batshit crazy over getting their hands on tickets right now. The first pre-sale tickets sold out in under 15 minutes for both shows :o My partner works with a few ladies who were trying all afternoon to get into the website to book, with only one of the four of them actually managing to secure tickets in time. I mean, I understand that Taytay puts on a cracker show, but god dayum people! She doesn't need any more millions of dollars so easily :o

Anyone else had issues getting tickets to shows that they simply could not live without going to?
    Massive thanks to Hollow for this amazing piece of artwork!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-28-2023),Jesuslovescats (07-04-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    Went to a Matchbox Twenty concert within the past couple of months, and we didn't want to spend a lot of money on our tickets so sat in the 300s section of our city's amphitheater (about 10k seating). It was PACKED, I think sold out?

Anyways, I love MB20. Always have. I have fond memories of Rob Thomas songs I'd sing as a teenager even and he was the first "older man" I had such a crush on LMAO.

But anyways the vibes in the 300s section were way off. We were so disappointed. We've always been standers/dancers at every concert we've been at and it's never been an issue no matter where our seats were. But at this concert, everyone around us was sitting, chatting throughout the concert, getting up/moving around, and people would stand by the bar and socialize (I tried to get up and go to the bathroom during one of my skippable songs and could hardly get through the crowd just standing around the bar).

I wanted to be respectful of the people behind us so I didn't immediately stand up because I don't want to assume someone's mobility/ability to enjoy the concert, but the talking through the whole concert was SO annoying. The girls behind us were gossipping about dumb shit almost the whole time and we heard their entire conversations. I finally stopped caring about being respectful and stood and danced for the final five songs (though at that point, finally most people did as well).

We decided that we are worth splurging on in the future for 100s/200s-section tickets haha!

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    @(you need an account to see links) I definitely know that elitist vibe you're talking about. It would be great if people just focused on, idk, actually enjoying the show they came to see? It's the worst when it's younger people trying to gatekeep other young people. At least the crusty old guys actually have some experience under their belt! I'm glad you posted in the wrong thread because now I get two new bands to check out, hehe.

@(you need an account to see links) People chatting through concerts is one of my absolute pet peeves. Most of the concerts I go to are floor shows so that doesn't happen as often, but the tradeoff is that sometimes you have to fight to not watch the show through the a-hole in front of you's phone screen. 100% second that better seats for the bands you love are always worth the splurge!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I definitely know that elitist vibe you're talking about. It would be great if people just focused on, idk, actually enjoying the show they came to see? It's the worst when it's younger people trying to gatekeep other young people. At least the crusty old guys actually have some experience under their belt! I'm glad you posted in the wrong thread because now I get two new bands to check out, hehe.

toooottally!! gatekeeping music is such a shit move. I looooooove discovering new music!!
    I will admit though that I do kind of hate it when a song or artist I love blows up ion tiktok bc 99% of the time its just people listening to the same 10 seconds of the song and not checking much else out. its happened to a few of my favourites now!!! but that's about as gatekeeper as I get and I deleted tiktok anyways so it doesn't bug me anymore
    you can call me pix

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppp3 For This Useful Post:

Crooked (07-03-2023),Jesuslovescats (07-04-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    toooottally!! gatekeeping music is such a shit move. I looooooove discovering new music!!
    I will admit though that I do kind of hate it when a song or artist I love blows up ion tiktok bc 99% of the time its just people listening to the same 10 seconds of the song and not checking much else out. its happened to a few of my favourites now!!! but that's about as gatekeeper as I get and I deleted tiktok anyways so it doesn't bug me anymore
    Oh yeah I will be the first to tell you that I hate having artists I like blow up on tiktok, and I haven't had the app in years, LOL. On one hand I'm glad the bands are getting their coin from increased streaming, but on the other hand... aughhh. I'd never be an asshole to somebody who found out about music via tiktok, though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (07-03-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 11h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I do kind of hate it when a song or artist I love blows up ion tiktok bc 99% of the time its just people listening to the same 10 seconds of the song and not checking much else out
    Very true! That's how I discovered Ethel Cain through her song American Teenager after it went sort of viral on TikTok, which is one of her most, let's say, "radio friendly" songs. But thanks to it I got to discover her album Preacher's Daughter and her EP Inbred and they're SO deep and the production and lyrics are insanely good!

there i was, with my butterfly net
    trying to catch your light

(you need an account to see links)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Seohyun For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Seohyun View Post
    Very true! That's how I discovered Ethel Cain through her song American Teenager after it went sort of viral on TikTok, which is one of her most, let's say, "radio friendly" songs. But thanks to it I got to discover her album Preacher's Daughter and her EP Inbred and they're SO deep and the production and lyrics are insanely good!
    I love that!! Honestly any avenue someone takes to discover new music is worth it, even tiktok! Especially when it’s more than just the one song/ a snippet of that song. Idk the artist but there’s a video out there of an artist whose song blew up on tiktok and they’re performing it live.. no one sings along until the snippet that went viral then all of a sudden the whole crowd screams along, then goes silent again bc they don’t know any other lyrics and the artist calls it out and is visibly upset. I would hate it if it were me! That’s my main gripe about it. A pine grove song just went viral and is doing the rounds online and every time I see it I’m like hell yeah pine grove!!!! But I hope they get more attention for their other albums and songs and not just 10 seconds of a single song.
    you can call me pix

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    120 times
    Time Online
    30d 21h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    In April, I got a presale code for a concert featuring two of my favorite bands (Wu Tang Clan and Run the Jewels). One night only. I jumped and impulsively bought them and figured future me would figure out details later. Now future me is working out logistics - the show is in Denver and I live in Pennsylvania. Only about 1500 miles/2400km apart lol.

lovely ub and avatar by the endlessly talented @(you need an account to see links)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LibraryFaerie For This Useful Post:

Jesuslovescats (07-04-2023),kittyray (07-04-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Seohyun View Post
    I love Ethel Cain! Admittedly I was following her on Tumblr for a year or two before I got around to listening to her music, but she's such a talented artist.

Honestly any avenue someone takes to discover new music is worth it, even tiktok! Especially when it’s more than just the one song/ a snippet of that song. Idk the artist but there’s a video out there of an artist whose song blew up on tiktok and they’re performing it live.. no one sings along until the snippet that went viral then all of a sudden the whole crowd screams along, then goes silent again bc they don’t know any other lyrics and the artist calls it out and is visibly upset. I would hate it if it were me! That’s my main gripe about it. A pine grove song just went viral and is doing the rounds online and every time I see it I’m like hell yeah pine grove!!!! But I hope they get more attention for their other albums and songs and not just 10 seconds of a single song.
    That would make me want to rip my hair out if I was performing. Fortunately I have yet to have that experience as a concert-goer, but my girlfriend saw Maneskin last Halloween and she told me that the crowd was awful. Everyone only new the Tiktok hits and people were just on their phones the whole time, trying to get the shot that would go viral. She pretty much had to fight to not watch the concert through someone else's screen.

@(you need an account to see links) Congrats on scoring tickets! You're going to have a great time, Colorado is great.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

♥ pppp3 ♥ (07-05-2023),Seohyun (07-05-2023)