DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    When I was a kid/younger I used to have a lot of recurring dreams. 2 things I remember was seeing Mother Mary when I was very young (my mom raised us Catholic and we had to go to church every sunday ) and one where I was in like a really big pool that was like, one of those that go stories deep and had lots of things like plants/seaweed/coral etc growing as if it was the ocean. I think the second one was more about fear because I didn't like that one at all xD

Now that I'm older I still have some recurring themes, specifically about being chased/needing to escape from some kind of facility so... definitely anxiety there. I also have tons of dreams where I am pulling my teeth out and those always fucking suck because I always wake up feeling extremely stressed and freaked out. I think I am just in a period of my life where I am very stressed out so that is definitely manifesting in my dreams. 😅 Just last night I had a dream about trying to do a dance performance for a recording which is something I do with friends in spare time but a lot of the organizing and planning aspects fall to me, so more anxiety lollll.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-03-2022),kittyray (07-03-2022),mugi (07-04-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    36 times
    Time Online
    45d 20h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    I remember all my dreams but I don't keep a journal, I've had quite a few recurring ones. Ahh people mentioning the teeth falling out dream lol I've definitely had a few of those!
    My husband doesn't dream that often and that's so strange to me, I dream nearly every night

Userbars above are examples of my work, requests are open <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerchy For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    36d 13h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't know how people manage to write down their dreams if I actually wake up and do manage to remember something. I don't feel like writing them down. I think that takes a lot of devotion. I mean i would just turn around and go back to sleep and if its time to stand up I am probably already late.
    That's totally fair, I for sure don't do it with every single dream I have, and I usually just do it with funny ones or ones I would like to recall later. If I wake up and am running late there's no way I'm taking time to stop and write anything down, haha. And honestly half the time I do write them down, it's riddled with typos and phrases that make no sense because I am half asleep But I find that even if I take the time to at least attempt to get some thoughts down, it will still make it easier to keep those little details or thoughts in my brain to think about later! A lot of the times I wake up from dreams I do end up falling back asleep again, so I try to get as much down in case I have another dream that wipes out any memory of the first one!
    Custom Userbar made by (you need an account to see links)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I also tend to only remember dreams if they're bad/uncomfortable in some way, but every so often it's a fun/neutral one, but usually they're shorter. Like recently I had one about seeing a very large bird outside my window and trying to take a picture of it. That was the whole dream.

Also sleep paralysis sucks. I get it once a year or so, but sometimes I fear that it happens more often I just don't remember it.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

dustyc (07-03-2022)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    711 times
    Time Online
    157d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Alright so one recurring dream I had as a kid was it would be me waking up in my own bed in my room but If I made a nose then there would be this creature that looked like ET hiding in my closet and these weird dark hands under my bed so if I made a nose or moved the thing under my bed would grab me and my closet doors would open and I would get sucked into the closet to be screamed at and attached by the ET creature. When this would happen it would feel like I couldn't breathe adn I would walk up and feel like my bed was shaking and sometimes like pressure being lifted off of me. This dream at one point was happening on a weekly basis and I still have the heebie jeebies about closets in the dark.

I would also have some sweet flying dreams that it was neat once I figured out I could control myself in the dreams and fly away. Those had a sweet feeling. I would also have dreams where I would need to shoot people with like legit finger guns and in some dreams it would work and other well clearly not so much. haha

The other dream that only occurred once but literally left me scarred as I still remember it. I was in my home down on main street but it was transformed into like old western style. Everyone was dressed in period clothing and I swear there was a sepia overlay in the dream. Anyways there was a massive gunfight. And this was a dream where clearly my finger guns were working. The scarring part was I accidentally shot my mother in the stomach adn she was preganant. She passed in the dream. When I woke up. I was shook. The crazy thing was looking back and dreaming my mother was pregnant. I'm an only child and I know my mother was never pregnant while I was growing up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Emerchy View Post
    I remember all my dreams but I don't keep a journal, I've had quite a few recurring ones. Ahh people mentioning the teeth falling out dream lol I've definitely had a few of those!
    My husband doesn't dream that often and that's so strange to me, I dream nearly every night
    I wish I kept a sleep journal. I'm sure I would look back at it and by like WTF!? I also had many dreams of teeth falling out. In my dreams they would shatter and be like broken glass in my mouth.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Emerchy (07-03-2022)

Pronouns
    she/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    98 times
    Time Online
    35d 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I tend to dream very 'real' in that I am not aware it's a dream yet am aware enough to dream I'm feeling what's happening etc. Unfortunately for me, a lot of my dreams involve anxiety and/or pain.

Some that come to mind:
    - I was a hostage on a pirate ship, nothing really interesting was happening until the captain decided to end me by sword through the gut. I woke up with phantom pains
    - Unfortunately recurring, which fucking sucks bc one of my absolute main phobias is bad things happening to my teeth: teeth falling out dreams. But it has the touch of realistic for some extra ~spice~. Think bloody mouth, lots of panic etc. 0/10 would not recommend
    - A dream I'd rather not talk about beyond 'it was Bad', but when I woke up I was fully convinced it was real and it took wayyy too long to realize I was fine lol

I used to write down all my dreams, then stuck to ones that are possible to describe properly because just the other day I checked some of my entries and could not remember wtf that dream had been about, not even vaguely

Now I don't really write them down at all anymore, partly because I've had less nightmares lately (yay!) and partly because at least half of them are either dreams about flying or dreams about anxieties (losing teeth or being rejected by someone who cares about me, mostly)

Also very much aware maybe half of this actually answers the question but dreams are very interesting to me and I could go on for hours if asked tbh

To summarize, I probably don't remember all my dreams (iirc I read somewhere that we can have up to a dozen dreams in one night?) but I have several nights a week where I wake up and either 1) forget the dream the second I get out of bed, 2) remember the dream long enough to write it down if I want to or 3) the dream clings to me so much it either bothers me all day or I have a similiar/near identical dream the night after

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    121 times
    Time Online
    39d 18h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    See those are so normal! I have crazy dreams. One I was on the ship of the dead (which I didn't even know existed at the time btw...) and I went there in place of a friend. So anyway, everything on the ship came with a price. So if I remembered something, I'd lose another memory. And if I recognized anyone, I'd forget them. I even remember what it looked like as I was being dragged to the underworld. It was so neat and not scary actually lol. But again, I swear I don't do drugs!
    I have another recurring dream where I'm trapped inside a house and I keep trying to "fly" to get out but I can't keep flight or something so I'm stuck. I haven't had that one in a while though. Well, I haven't had any recurring dreams in a while.

I did have some pretty vivid dreams this past nap I just had. Someone made a post somewhere (Discord?) saying my pet was bought at a value of $600 and I was upset because I traded for that pet instead of buying it. Then the post became something on the site itself and I panicked thinking I outed myself. It was weird. There was soemthing else to the dream, IDR what though.

Custom Ryu by @Zapdos

By me

By @honeycomb

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I don't know how people manage to write down their dreams if I actually wake up and do manage to remember something. I don't feel like writing them down. I think that takes a lot of devotion. I mean i would just turn around and go back to sleep and if its time to stand up I am probably already late.

@(you need an account to see links) Goldies are the best but yeah I think all labs and retrievers have cancer problems. We really looked into the breading of the one we have now so I am hoping not this time. She has no family history of cancer but still. I dont know how you can foster. I would get so attached! At a stage I was thinking how cute it would be if I did the foster the assist dogs but I just dont see me training a dog for 2 years and then giving it away. Not even for a blind person.
    Oh I'll only have her for 2-3 weeks tops. And I have 4 cats so it helps my decision not to keep her lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

phantasia (07-04-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Wooloo View Post
    I have another recurring dream where I'm trapped inside a house and I keep trying to "fly" to get out but I can't keep flight or something so I'm stuck. I haven't had that one in a while though. Well, I haven't had any recurring dreams in a while.
    This reminded me of a dream I had. It was really odd and freaky.

It started out with me and my family visiting this house that was out in the sandy cliffs, and 1/3 of the house was kinda hanging off the cliff. The exterior of the house was made with glass so you can look out and stare into the view, it was beautiful.
    Here comes the scary part though, as I walked through the house and got to the living room, I started seeing "other people" around too. There were hundreds. They were mostly black shadows wandering around the whole house but you could kinda see their faces too.
    I freaked out and decided to squeeze on the sofa with my family. As I sat there and watch these shadow people walking around me, suddenly 1 (the only one wearing a hat) of the shadow person stopped right in front of me and turned to me.
    I tried to look down and ignore him but it started moving closer, then it flew towards me and starting strangling me. I woke up right after.

So i dreamt of this for about 5 nights in a row (always waking up during the part I was getting strangled). Told my mom about it and she brought me to the temple lol. I haven't seen it in a while after that.

Koi

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    53/0
    Mentioned
    105 times
    Time Online
    134d 11h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 3m
    Some of my dreams are so dang realistic that I don't know if they happened or if it was a dream lol. I have full conversations with my bf in my dreams so when I talk to him irl, I'm like "...wait. did I tell you this already or did I dream it?" Lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ember For This Useful Post:

♥ Wooloo ♥ (07-04-2022)