40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 14h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Logan is the far superior movie over The Wolverine, in my opinion. It's literally not even a comparison.
    Logan is soooo good, but I also know there's been a lot of mess with some of the standalone movies, lmao.

I've been thinking about this thread and how best to answer. A lot of stuff that's adapted from a secondary source material falls in here, depending on how you define sequel. I feel like I can't word it well, but something like Silence Of The Lambs was the second book to be adapted from the book series and Manhunter from the 80s was...fine, but idk, it's not like it was promoted as a sequel or anything, just drew from the same collection of source material focusing on a different book in the series, and works as a standalone. I guess this could apply to anything you find on "movies you didn't realize were sequels" type lists.

I also have so many childhood memories of this kind of thing because the sequel was the only thing we had on VHS (like Rescuers Down Under and the Beauty and the Beast Christmas one for me), but haven't watched any in 20-30 years, so it's like...who actually knows.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Also another classic, Home Alone 2 is actually more fun (and cosy) than the first one, but the first one's just too iconic in an overall sense. As a movie I like the second one!

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 3h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Also another classic, Home Alone 2 is actually more fun (and cosy) than the first one, but the first one's just too iconic in an overall sense. As a movie I like the second one!
    I agree with you on Home Alone 2. The first one is too iconic but the 2nd one is overall just a little better than Home Alone.

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    249 times
    Time Online
    27d 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Definitely Spiderman Across the Spiderverse

Selling my NC Closet & UC Mutant and Darigan Hissi

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    If we're going with trilogies- I love the 2nd and 3rd back to the future more than the original. Third is the best, don't @ me.

For just regular double feature films- the mummy 2 was far superior. Evie and Rick were just on it. Great adventure plot, tons of funny lines, I laughed, I cried, I fanned myself whenever Ardeth was on screen doing hot Ardeth stuff. It was just overall a more fun watch.

The 3rd movie doesn't exist. It's a fake 😡

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Not sure if we are allowed to (respectfully) disagree with people's opinions here (since it's not the debate subforum 😂 but)

@(you need an account to see links) while I love the Frozen franchise, full stop, big ol periodt, objectively I cannot agree the second is better than the first. The "plot" of the second is just so... out of the blue random and nonsensical (not saying there weren't gaping plot holes in the first one either), and just felt too much of a disconnect from the first one storywise. The songs and adventure were amazing of course, but I think as a complete "experience" the first movie is way more fulfilling.
    @(you need an account to see links) I can't even put it into words but the last trilogy is just so so so so terrible compared to either of the previous ones the characters on their own were pretty great (okay who am I kidding I'm only referring to Poe and Finn LOL) and I enjoyed their characterizations/interactions (with the exception of Rey/Kylo) but the plot was all over the place, the romance shoehorn made me want to hit my head against the wall, and the total anti-climactic ending that just felt empty and deus ex over their journey... blah. which made me feel really bad because I truly felt Rey/Poe/Finn/Kylo deserved so much more and had so much more to offer
    Miss girl what are you on about? LOL I DIDNT EVEN SEE THIS THREAD TIL NOW. The OG frozen is the best I NEVER SAID IT WASNT
    Last edited by Cinnamoroll; 07-05-2023 at 05:21 PM.

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-07-2023),Cat Purrson (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by hellraid View Post
    Interesting, considering it's the shortest one. But it does have a few scenes that makes it feels longer than it should. Ngl.I can acually agree on that one. Never thought of it before though. I still sit like a kid on Christmas watching those movies xD
    I think part of this is that, since we've all seen em all a bunch, Fellowship feels slow to start because we're waiting for the adventure to start and have the shit hit the fan when we get to Return of the King. I saw the 4hr+ anniversary extended version of Return of the King at the movies in April, and I was so shocked at how short it felt.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    954 times
    Time Online
    116d 18h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Miss girl what are you on about? LOL I DIDNT EVEN SEE THIS THREAD TIL NOW. The OG frozen is the best I NEVER SAID IT WASNT
    OMG HAHA I'M DYING IT WAS @(you need an account to see links) WHO SAID THAT 🤣 I just saw their siggie pic which is the same as yours and my brain thought it was you LOOOL JKLSJDKLFS my b hahaha!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (07-05-2023),Cinnamoroll (07-05-2023),Slowpoke (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 10h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Logan is the far superior movie over The Wolverine, in my opinion. It's literally not even a comparison.
    T H I S. Logan is my all time favorite Marvel movie. I'm such a hard ass, but omg the relationship with Logan and Prof X too 😭

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Same! When I was growing up my parents were into the OG trilogy, and when the prequels came out I was hyped and loved the fancy new CGI and the Darth Vader story. It was just so much crisper and fancier a watch as a kid compared to the old ones that it still sticks with me.
    People love to dog on 'em but I remember the H Y P E when they first came out and people ate that up, so stop lying to yourself lol. Honestly, for me, Watto was the character that sold me on these lmfao. I was obsessed with him as a kid because he was blue and that's my fave color and kinda looked like an elephant which are some of my fave animals....like he was pretty gnarly and fugly, but I loved him 😂

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by balzabul View Post
    Have to say I've always been a sucker for Hellboy 2 over the original
    Dude, the evil elf guy?! Same tho. I think it was because we got to see more of the mythical creature world, ya know?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lint For This Useful Post:

Slowpoke (07-05-2023)

Pronouns
    it/its
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    1d 10h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Aliens >>> Alien, so much it's not even a contest. Also it's a standing, ongoing battle in my home on which is better, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre or the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (my husband refuses to be convinced TCM2 isn't the funniest, most clever movie ever made and IT IS NOT).

There are some movies where the first film enables the second one to be better (Terminator 2 is made awesome by the existence of Terminator, and the way the sequel subverts the first one) and some like Aliens where the sequel is just flat out better.

for reboots as good or better than the original, Mad Max Fury Road has my whole entire heart.
    I gotta give it to your husband on that one! I love the original TCSM but the second one I feel is the only actual serviceable sequel that came out of it