28/0
    Mentioned
    12 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Nattiee View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) - sorry if you've already read up on it but there are certain areas on the map where you can go for PvP. You have to then "mark yourself for blood" which means you can fight others. When you win and become a champion of hatred, your location is then disclosed on a map for other PvP people to see and come slay. I havent tried it yet but I have a couple friends who have and have mentioned that it's best to PvP in a party because people swarm you.

You also get shards for winning/performing rituals which you can redeem for loot but if you die, you lose all your shards.

I solo'd the Butcher today! Granted, I had an artillery shrine which got me 3/4 of the way there before chaos ensued BUT I STILL DID IT. It counts.

Has anyone finished the campaign? What did you think?
    Finished the campaign and there was part of the story where I was like why did that even happen. To prevent spoilers I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? Lol but overall it was a fun story and now I’m enjoying the end game content with friends! Nightmare dungeons, world boss, etc. sadly now I’m not at home anymore but can’t wait to continue the grind

What content are you focusing on?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    [QUOTE=Map;1372123I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? [/QUOTE]

I feel like Blizzard do this a lot in their games to try and maintain some semblance of continuity in the story. The player character does all the killing and fighting but then right at the last minute a NPC comes along and deals the finishing blow and gets all the credit for killing the big bad guy. They tend to do it a lot in WoW, which kinda makes sense because they have such a wide range of classes and possible characters that could actually change the story so they do it that way to make sure there is a consistent plot. It does get annoying though, because it leaves you feeling exactly as you described. Wondering what the whole point was.
    feel like Blizzard do this a lot in their games to try and maintain some semblance of continuity in the story. The player character does all the killing and fighting but then right at the last minute a NPC comes along and deals the finishing blow and gets all the credit for killing the big bad guy. They tend to do it a lot in WoW, which kinda makes sense because they have such a wide range of classes and possible characters that could actually change the story so they do it that way to make sure there is a consistent plot. It does get annoying though, because it leaves you feeling exactly as you described. Wondering what the whole point was.

I�ve been around...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Quote Originally Posted by Map View Post
    Finished the campaign and there was part of the story where I was like why did that even happen. To prevent spoilers I just felt like I did a lot of work and then the story writing randomly killed the build up? Lol but overall it was a fun story and now I’m enjoying the end game content with friends! Nightmare dungeons, world boss, etc. sadly now I’m not at home anymore but can’t wait to continue the grind

What content are you focusing on?
    I feel you. I'm actually curious if they'll make D5 a continuation based on some of the commentary throughout the campaign.. and more so if it's going to be focused on the one Prime Evil we're all thinking about or one of the other 7 heads of Tathamet.

Right now my main focus is working my way through the map. Doing a combo of dungeons and side quests depending on my mood.
    HOWEVER I've started some nightmare dungeons and I mayyyyyyy shift my focus... we will see if the wind turns the sails. What are you focusing on?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Megiddo View Post
    I think I'm getting fairly close to finishing. I've been doing a lot of exploring, side quests and trying out other classes along the way so it's taking me a while to get it done.

I'm enjoying the story so far. One thing that has irked me a bit is how basic the player characters are. They don't seem to have much in the way of characterisation in the cutscenes and feel very one dimensional. I'm playing a Necro and during a quest where we were taking down some undead my character was talking about how it was unnatural or something along those lines. I'm like, bruh, you're literally walking around with reanimated corpses as pals.
    If you arent already tracking your side quests, I highly encourage using something like Map Genie. Some quests drop from items, and some have prerequisite quests you need to do in order to be eligible to start them. That was one of my hang ups during Beta when I was trying to get all the side-ies.
    How are you liking the Necro? I have a couple friends (including our babe @(you need an account to see links)) who chose the Necro and love it. They can get super strong earlier on if you choose their skills/paragons properly.

One thing I'm still getting used to right now actually is the fact that when you re-roll stats you cant see what the potential options are like you could in D3. I'm not sure if it's because they're all in the same pool now or not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (06-20-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Huge thank you to $(you need an account to see links) for recommending map genie to help me track my side quests and other objectives!!! Check it out if you are a completionist freak like me!!!

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (06-20-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I feel you. I'm actually curious if they'll make D5 a continuation based on some of the commentary throughout the campaign.. and more so if it's going to be focused on the one Prime Evil we're all thinking about or one of the other 7 heads of Tathamet.

Right now my main focus is working my way through the map. Doing a combo of dungeons and side quests depending on my mood.
    HOWEVER I've started some nightmare dungeons and I mayyyyyyy shift my focus... we will see if the wind turns the sails. What are you focusing on?

- - - Updated - - -

If you arent already tracking your side quests, I highly encourage using something like Map Genie. Some quests drop from items, and some have prerequisite quests you need to do in order to be eligible to start them. That was one of my hang ups during Beta when I was trying to get all the side-ies.
    How are you liking the Necro? I have a couple friends (including our babe @(you need an account to see links)) who chose the Necro and love it. They can get super strong earlier on if you choose their skills/paragons properly.

One thing I'm still getting used to right now actually is the fact that when you re-roll stats you cant see what the potential options are like you could in D3. I'm not sure if it's because they're all in the same pool now or not.
    Is Map Genie an add on or like a tracking tool that let's you enter what you've completed? I'm playing on PS5 so if it's an add on I'm out of luck

I'm enjoying the Necro. There's only been one spot at level 39 where for some reason I felt really super squishy and went on a gear upgrading spree, upgraded all my gear and then started destroying things again.

Haven't farmed any gear at all or done anything apart from upgrading my gear that one time and its been a fairly smooth levelling process. I am following a levelling guide on Icy Veins for Bonespear so I've got a pretty decent build. It can get clunky at times when you run out of essence to cast Bonespear and there's no corpses on the ground to explode to get essence back but usually its just a clean cycle between bonespear and Corpse Explosion. I would like Corpse Explosion to deal more damage but i think the whole build would be busted if it did.

It's not the fastest build though when compared to the speedy Bois of Rogue and Sorc with their movement skills but it's not bad.

I�ve been around...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    Is Map Genie an add on or like a tracking tool that let's you enter what you've completed? I'm playing on PS5 so if it's an add on I'm out of luck

I'm enjoying the Necro. There's only been one spot at level 39 where for some reason I felt really super squishy and went on a gear upgrading spree, upgraded all my gear and then started destroying things again.

Haven't farmed any gear at all or done anything apart from upgrading my gear that one time and its been a fairly smooth levelling process. I am following a levelling guide on Icy Veins for Bonespear so I've got a pretty decent build. It can get clunky at times when you run out of essence to cast Bonespear and there's no corpses on the ground to explode to get essence back but usually its just a clean cycle between bonespear and Corpse Explosion. I would like Corpse Explosion to deal more damage but i think the whole build would be busted if it did.

It's not the fastest build though when compared to the speedy Bois of Rogue and Sorc with their movement skills but it's not bad.
    No no, it's a separate website so if you have a laptop/tablet you can just keep beside you for when you find the quests. How are you finding playing it on console? I'm on PC and hearing some of my console playing friends talk about how they play makes me feel like I'd never survive lol but of course, I'm used to playing Diablo on the PC so maybe I'm just iffy about the change lol

I think I'm still following a semi-custom build myself that probably isnt as strong as it could be. I'll need to hope on Icy Veins and take a look at what I did wrong. I probably smashed 2 builds together lol. I also feel like Corpse Explosion does a lot of damage already, no? What type of resource does it take? I'm sure you could get armor with extra buffs to increase the damage based on attack type or resource type?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Megiddo (06-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    7d 12h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    No no, it's a separate website so if you have a laptop/tablet you can just keep beside you for when you find the quests. How are you finding playing it on console? I'm on PC and hearing some of my console playing friends talk about how they play makes me feel like I'd never survive lol but of course, I'm used to playing Diablo on the PC so maybe I'm just iffy about the change lol

I think I'm still following a semi-custom build myself that probably isnt as strong as it could be. I'll need to hope on Icy Veins and take a look at what I did wrong. I probably smashed 2 builds together lol. I also feel like Corpse Explosion does a lot of damage already, no? What type of resource does it take? I'm sure you could get armor with extra buffs to increase the damage based on attack type or resource type?
    I'll definitely be getting on to map genie! Thanks for the info!

Corpse Explosion doesn't use any resource it builds up essence for every Corpse you explode and then you dump essence using bonespear. It's good damage in packs but definitely falls off in single target because you're not getting a tonne of corpses dropping constantly.

I'm assuming that will change once I actually start getting in to looking at aspects and different effects and whatnot though.

I finished the campaign last night. Not sure how I felt about the last 30mins of the story. It seemed a bit rushed and a very abrupt end. Add in the random moment after one of the boss fights with the random pillar scene which left a sour taste in my mouth. Like really, we just killed a massive bad ass dude and then that happens right after during a nothing moment. I feel they could have done that much, much better.

I�ve been around...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Megiddo For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (06-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I'll definitely be getting on to map genie! Thanks for the info!

Corpse Explosion doesn't use any resource it builds up essence for every Corpse you explode and then you dump essence using bonespear. It's good damage in packs but definitely falls off in single target because you're not getting a tonne of corpses dropping constantly.

I'm assuming that will change once I actually start getting in to looking at aspects and different effects and whatnot though.

I finished the campaign last night. Not sure how I felt about the last 30mins of the story. It seemed a bit rushed and a very abrupt end. Add in the random moment after one of the boss fights with the random pillar scene which left a sour taste in my mouth. Like really, we just killed a massive bad ass dude and then that happens right after during a nothing moment. I feel they could have done that much, much better.
    I feel you on the ending. I almost wonder if they did that on purpose as a cliffhanger maybe?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-22-2023),Megiddo (06-23-2023)

Pronouns
    🐈/🐱
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    327 times
    Time Online
    103d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 41m
    Anyone else experiencing an issue with joining nightmare dungeons with a party? been trying to but anytime I join and then a teammate joins after, it kicks me out. It won't allow us to be int the dungeon together at he same time.

Thank you honeycomb | Thank you Hollow | Thank you Wooloo | Thank you hearts

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat Purrson For This Useful Post:

Nattiee (06-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    I wonder if there's a secret timer and if you don't at least start the dungeon by a certain time, it'll glitch?
    Not sure, though because other times we've opened one, done a legion event and came back and started the dungeon and nothing happened.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (06-25-2023)