Thread: Neopet says they read book but they haven't?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

Neopet says they read book but they haven't?

Trying to read a few of the cheaper books to one of my pets and they claim they have already read the book but it is not listed in the books they have read. They still will not read them also when I try to change the language.

There is also another book that they claim is boring that they won't read even though I have tried every language.

Is this a known glitch I should be concerned about? The books didn't disappear from my inventory or anything which is good but it's still frustrating.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    160/0
    Mentioned
    131 times
    Time Online
    206d 19h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 25m
    I don't know about the first "glitch", but I know for the 2nd one it seems the newer books that JS has been releasing aren't translated into other languages so if your pet finds them boring you cannot change the language because the title of the book will not translate so it will still be boring in every language since it's still english. Not sure if you're experiencing something like that. I have and it's really frustrating.

✧・゚: *✧ (you need an account to see links) ✧*:・゚✧

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii View Post
    I don't know about the first "glitch", but I know for the 2nd one it seems the newer books that JS has been releasing aren't translated into other languages so if your pet finds them boring you cannot change the language because the title of the book will not translate so it will still be boring in every language since it's still english. Not sure if you're experiencing something like that. I have and it's really frustrating.
    Okay thanks for letting me know about the second one. I was wondering why that trick wasn't working.

Hopefully the first glitch or whatever it is isn't just happening to me, maybe it's just slow appearing in my pets read books? idk..

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    52d 20h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    I've encountered the first glitch numerous times in the past few weeks. It's really frustrating. I even double checked the list of books my pet had read. However, everytime I've checked the list I only confirmed that it definitely had not read the book it claimed to have 'already read'.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5d 18h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I have a looong list of unread books too. booktastic books -,-
    Last edited by keytsune; 01-03-2017 at 04:54 PM.

VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL
    Art Service!

(you need an account to see links)

♡ ♡ ♡

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    182/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    47d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    Quote Originally Posted by gymnasticsgirl View Post
    Trying to read a few of the cheaper books to one of my pets and they claim they have already read the book but it is not listed in the books they have read. They still will not read them also when I try to change the language.

There is also another book that they claim is boring that they won't read even though I have tried every language.

Is this a known glitch I should be concerned about? The books didn't disappear from my inventory or anything which is good but it's still frustrating.

When you look at your list of books is the list in English? Depending on the language, some books names don't show. I don't know if it has to do with international censoring laws.

Items that are released after mid June 2015 are not translated so the change language trick will no longer work. If you use the JN book checklist feature

When the book list is produced it now also labels what books your pet will find boring. You can click on those links and see the release date and find out whether or not the change language trick will work without wasting np

Same thing for the gourmet food checklist on JN

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocking Anarchy View Post
    When you look at your list of books is the list in English? Depending on the language, some books names don't show. I don't know if it has to do with international censoring laws.

Items that are released after mid June 2015 are not translated so the change language trick will no longer work. If you use the JN book checklist feature

When the book list is produced it now also labels what books your pet will find boring. You can click on those links and see the release date and find out whether or not the change language trick will work without wasting np

Same thing for the gourmet food checklist on JN
    Thank you! I actually have been using the jellyneo book checklist since posting this thread and have been avoiding the boring books. I do have a few though that my pet still finds boring despite being listed as a non boring book or say that they have already read it and it doesn't appear in the books read.